DLC9: Mist Recovery Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Sannio, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Zmooth New Player

On PS3 it takes like a minute or two before the enemies actually appear. Sometimes you can die by them without physically seeing them if the screen hasn't loaded yet. My PS3 always freezes a second before I fight Guy Gardner when he has the rage powers in the alert. It then takes about 4 mins to recover and if I press start it'll automatically freeze again. Near the bottom where the loadout powers are is also affected. The symbols for each different power in the loadout all change to 1 specific icon. If I.Were not to remember my loadout by memory I'd be sol. I've spoken with people during the alerts who have ps4s and they say they don't experience the problems I have, so I'm guessing its a ps3 thing.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

The feat at the end where it is a two parter. Don't let them hack any turret and let them hack all the turrets. The one that has a problem is the let them hack all the turrets. It's the most frustrating feat to get.

The problems that I see with it:
    • Aggro of Kyle. He usually is on Hank, but he can get attached to the NPC that is hacking AND WONT LEAVE him. So you basically are messed up, as the NPC is constantly interrupted.
    • Interruptions are too frequent. I know he is supposed to be interrupted, otherwise you couldn't get the other half of the feat, but when you are just watching the Manhunter or J'See constantly be hit by lasers and ultimately NOT hacking the turret is frustrating.
    • Hank's scripted attacks. There is no point to having a tank here. He can wipe a GOOD group because he one shots your healer and you can't pick him up because of a dot or constant juggle by one of the opponents.
    • Hank's finisher. A boss has a finisher? Really?! This attack does a lot of damage. He can already combo you to almost dead and then he uses the finisher on you. PLUS when he does, he drops this AoE field around you that can cause you from not being able to be picked up. I'm not sure what this is about, but this actually makes Mist Recovery the most annoying instance in the game. Not only do you have too much open world go here do this, you also have bosses that just... Cheap.
    • Like x 2
  3. Michael Grid Well-Known Player

Not sure if its Mist Recovery or Strike Team, but there is definitely a BAD Voice Over take that was used. The voice actor playing Hal Jordan fumbles his line and then finishes it as he directs you to the next part of the mission. I think someone used the wrong take of the voice acting and inserted that sound bit instead of the correct one. Can someone else confirm where this happens?
    • Like x 1
  4. Lyndi Well-Known Player

I noticed this the first time I ran this op and quite frankly, I kind of like that he screws up his monologue :D
  5. Michael Grid Well-Known Player

Yes, it is the Mist Recovery Operation. It occurs as Hal Jordan sends the team into the Emerald Mist area of Battlezone Metropolis.
  6. Strummer316 New Player

I don't so much have a problem with the length of this operation, it's the pacing I don't like. All of the other operations have you performing a couple of quests and then you get to a boss fight. The questing here in the open world just seems to go on and on. Need to either take out one or 2 of the quests or split them up with another boss fight.
  7. geostew Well-Known Player

Can we get a change to the gas that Scarecrow bombs you with? Its hard as hell to see it and its so quick to kill you dead. Also the block and roll feature is horrible enough but in this fight you die nearly every time. I sometimes won't even roll when I block and try to so I just die. Others in the groups i have been also state this.
  8. Dynagirl Committed Player

Just notice that in mist today. He flubs on the word "are" and then says something like, "Sorry, bit nervous" then goes on telling us the scientist are picking fights with red lanterns. Usually by this part of the op my ps3 gets all laggy so all the audio briefings are mute. This first time they played while in the battlezone for me.
  9. Sannio Developer

Thanks for the extra details! The issue has been taken care behind the scenes and should make it to the live servers with an upcoming update.
  10. Jamie New Player

This is part of the reason why I rank DLC 9 as the worst DLC. What's fun is when your load out bar screws up and you are trying to learn the mechanics of rage tanking. Can't hear the heard beat, never see the red aura, and you can either count or go by the cooldown timer on a bar that is messed up. I love challenging content but I hate cheap mechanics and unstable programming.
  11. RogerDC New Player

I have a few bugs to report:

1) Mogo Cutscene missing
    There should be a video playing as soon as your group reaches Mogo and activates the panel in the first room. This video should show how Hank and his crew reach Mogo and make their way to the endboss room. I know this cause i've seen it on Test. However on the Production server the video doesn't play and your group just has to wait in an empty room for a minute or so till the first enemies appear.

2) Gorilla Grodd in Star Labs has poor health/defence
    When you get Gorilla Grodd as the subboss in the first room of Star Labs you will notice that he is much easier too defeat then his colleagues that could appear in this part. I think he has too little health or defence.

3) Stuck in wall after re-entering Mogo
    Players can get stuck in what seems to be a wall on Mogo. This happens when you exit Mogo (the operations separate instance) to repair in the shared Mogo instance and then re-enter your operation. You will notice parts of the Mogo cave being painted repeatedly and you won't be able to move. The game won't detect that you are stuck and the only way out is to use Warp to Rally.

4) Defend scientist container-switch shows very late
    There is a part in Metropolis where you have to "Defend scientists to Aquire Emerald Mist Containers". There are two types of setups found here; locations where a container is laying horizontally and locations where it is placed in a vertical position with a scientist standing next to it. The first setup goes smoothly, you defend till the timer runs out, flip the switch on the container and move on to the next location. In the second setup you have to defend the scientist till its timer is full and then its seems like the job is done. However if your team moves away you will notice you will not get credit cause the "switch" on the container appears after almost a 10 second waiting period. This messes up the group’s movements and causes allot of KO's because people that don't know this often move away to fight on the next location while the ones that do are still waiting at the last for the switch to appear. Please remove that annoying waiting period for the container switch to appear or remove the switch action as a whole. Why wouldn’t it be enough to just defend the scientist/container till that timer has run out. I've seen similar mechanics in solo missions in the Lust section of Gotham's Wasteland so I know this can be done!
    • Like x 1
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've also experienced this.
  13. Evil Grave New Player

There is a bug where another iconic will glitch in with the real mini boss after talking with Hank Henshaw , forcing you to fight both iconics ,loot does drop for defeating the real mini boss but the bugged iconic will still continue to attack even after the real mini boss is defeated , on the villain side it's either Martian Manhunter and Black Lightning show up or Power Girl and Martian Manhunter, I am not sure whether it happens on the hero side so this bug may only happen during the villain Mist Recovery operation. It also happens randomly meaning the bug won't always occur when you queue for this operation .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.