DLC8 Player Rewards Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-zero Loyal Player

Enjoying the new DLC.
    I heard it mentioned but I also think the boss you fight after completing the five outside mission should guarantee something really good besides a mark kinda like home turf did. Since home turf was guaranteed armor piece and possible chance for a high weapon maybe this time a chance for gear and guaranteed weapon.

Zero complaints about the new looting system. Hope the rest of the game follows suit in the very near future.
    • Like x 1
  2. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Could we get a weapon vendor for each Tier so that we can grind for the weapon(s) that we enjoy? I hate having a luck-based lottery system for something so fundamental to having a fun time as getting to use the weapon(s) that we like.
    • Like x 4
  3. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Man, these requests for weapon vendors kill me. The new content makes getting weapons a breeze. It hasn't been this easy to get a weapon since FoS3. In fact, this is easier. With the new loot and the alert, you get an 85 weapon every day. Every. Day. Not to mention the fact that green weapons drop off trash mobs in the Wastelands and in the duos. If you're too impatient to farm your weapon out of the content? Well, I'm sure you have a runic one somewhere...or you could buy yourself a CC one. Then you don't have to grind. Of course...you lose out on some stats, but if YOUR weapon is so important to you....
    • Like x 1
  4. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Well just speaking for the DPS Trinkets, I will tell you that imo the FOS Trinket is much better. I prefer the balanced 400 Precision 350 Might or whatever the exact numbers are over the 550 Might or 600 Precision.
  5. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

And what kills me is that people like you do not seem to understand that random is RANDOM.

It is entirely possible to do the alert thousands of times and never see your preferred weapon drop! How does it hurt you in any way whatsoever if I can save up marks to purchase a mid-level weapon for a given Tier? Why does it have to be RANDOM? Armor drops in content as well, so should we do away with the armor vendors as well, following your reasoning? Sheesh.
    • Like x 2
  6. farm3rb0b Committed Player

That's not at all my reasoning. Currently, you can buy gear at certain levels. However, during each and every tier, the instances you can do drop gear that cannot be bought. All throughout the game after you hit level 30 is a decision between buying gear or farming it. You can farm the Astral Alloy set. You can farm gear out of the Courthouse alert. You can farm the Norseman gear and that Helm of Omnipotence. To get the best gear, you have to do instances. I think the same should be said for weapons. There are places you can buy sub-par weapons: CC, PvP vendors. This is obviously my personal opinion, don't get me wrong, but I think if you want best weapon you should have to go after it in content. And yes, this is an issue I face as well. I've known for a while now where to get the 87 bow (that I wish was 88...what's up with that?). Getting it, however, is going to be a nightmare. So until then, I have to decide if I want to use my 87 HB or my 85 bow. Would buying it be simple? Yes, but there's a sense of accomplishment if I do earn it, just like with the top gear.
  7. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Good grief, winning a random lottery IS NOT "EARNING IT"!! Purchasing a weapon with marks is earning it!!

I do not like being forced to either use a sub-par weapon or use one that I dislike.

Why are you so DEADSET against people being able to purchase gear with marks that they GRIND out? Why does the whole game have to be a frickin' LOTTERY?

Once again, I'll repeat my earlier question:

SHOULD THE TIER 5 ARMOR VENDORS BE REMOVED AS WELL???

Because following your reasoning about weapon vendors, people should just hope that the armor that they need will someday RANDOMLY drop.
    • Like x 4
  8. NOXZEMA New Player

Hi Crafty,

Could you please explain why the trinket from the Trigon Alert (lvl 85) and the one you can buy (lvl 86) both give you the same boost for 20sec? I know that the stats such as health, might, defense, etc. are not the same but who uses only trinkets without utility belts? Don’t you think that the 86 lvl trinket should boost the appropriate stat more than the 85lvl does?

Thanks
  9. farm3rb0b Committed Player

I was hopeful with the client/server fixes last night that the update notes would have something about the accumulative feats (500 challenges/500 duos/500 alerts) now working with the new DLC content. It doesn't appear to be there, though. I'm just curious if this is going to be implemented? We're almost a week into the DLC now and I have yet to hear an SoE member tell us whether or not this will happen.

I know it took a while for the solos in Origin Crisis to count for the solo feat, and that there is DLC content that shouldn't count for the feat. Obviously the daily missions in the Wastelands are not solo challenges. However, the duos are queued for and the alert is labeled "alert" in the On Duty menu. Therefore, the 3 duos and the alert should count for these feats.
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Totally agree with your points here.

It'd be almost like saying instead of taking out a mortgage to buy a house, instead you're gonna enter a raffle each week and hope you pull out the deeds to a house, someday.

Earning the best gear in the game should be done through saving up and purchasing with currency you get by completing content. I don't see why weapons should be any different. Maybe just price them up to be half the price of a full set of Tiered gear. To really make it interesting :)

With that being said, I'm happy with the T5 Trigon Alert weapons drops. Last night I got pistols (I suck with pistols so I attuned them to DPS), tonight I got duel wields (so I salvaged my pistols, got a complex and attuned them to DPS :)). I look forward to seeing what tomorrow brings. Hopefully a bow! :D It's nice not competing against the group.
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Oops, pressed Reply instead of edit >.<
  12. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Crafty, will the tank role restriction on the Quardian helmet be taken off ?
  13. Redd Vampirus New Player

I don't like the way the loot drops are for the Raven Bounty in Gotham Wastelands. Why is that I fought Raven 16 times, spent over 350 replay badges and I'm STILL 3 pieces short in getting the full Exalted set. I should have had it a long time ago if the box for gear was guaranteed. I find it rather insulting to put forth all that effort and all you get is 1 MoR. I'm like....what? Seriously?! So basically...I just spent my entire $10 and still no full set. That's not good. I believe the box should have a higher guaranteed rate in dropping for the work done. Getting people to gather just to fight Raven is time consuming in itself. Also, I don't like the idea of having to do 5 dailies just to do the main mission. That was tried with the Arkham Asylum Dailies and you can see, not many really do them at all. It's too time consuming and very, very, very under rewarding. If we are going to do repetitive missions just to do the main mission we are building up for...at least make it worth the effort. Some of us don't have that kind of time (or motivation) to all of that just to get some gear....let alone a league or a group of friends to tag along to help in the process. I think 5 times is a bit too much...maybe drop it down to 2 or 3 if it really needs to be repeated? I'm sure there are some who would rather spend their replay badges on something else if its going to remain like that. Just saying...not to be malicious.
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

That's why I have not and will not reset the Raven Bounty. Saw the drop rate on the Test Server.
    • Like x 1
  15. Giggles Loyal Player

I have already finished the exalted, and corrupted sets. I am a villain. I have to say the cash grab based RNG nonsense makes me not want to do it on any other character. You guys need to stop with all this random luck nonsense and let us earn everything by playing the game. RNG (Random Drops) is what is currently turning people off of the current content. You want people to use replays, give us a reason to. I'm not one of those people who enjoys lotteries, and I KNOW I am not alone. People want to make more than one character, but when you make the first go around unfun, no one wants to do it a second time because of the terrible experience the first time around.

The way you guys did the "Not What I Ordered" feat is just ridiculous. I finished it this passed weekend, but I have to tell you, I would ever do again. First you need to get lucky and get the "Envy to die for" mission. Then you have to get lucky 19 times more to spawn a demon. Stop with all the luck nonsense before you drive everyone away.

The Exalted and Corrupted boxes should ALWAYS contain a codex to choose the piece of gear of the players choice. Same with the Home Turf bounties, and any other content that drops gear. It should always be a codex that allows us to choose our piece of gear. Make it happen.
    • Like x 3
  16. Fry New Player

I'm with you. On the hero side but this random stuff is crazy.
    • Like x 1
  17. NOXZEMA New Player

Hi,
    I respectfully disagree with you position about random loot. You said “let us earn everything by playing the game”, the truth is that the developers did make us earn our T5 (Atlantean monarch) by playing the game and now they are “helping” us get gear even faster. Both Exalted and Corrupted are 85lvl gear like the Atlantean Monarch. The mission to get corrupted is weekly and if you think about it they are actually generous and giving us the chance (50/50) to get a piece we want instead of spending 60 marks of reality (which means that we do not have to run the alerts 12 times). I actually think this is a fair system, it helps under geared people get gear, it gives feats for completing styles, and you can actually get to pick what you get when you get it. I manage to get 2 of my secondary characters in full t5 in less than a day by farming Raven. At times it was frustrating not getting anything other than a mark but with around 350 replay tokens I now have 2 characters I don't play much with 96cr.

As far as the home turf bounties I AGREE with you 100%! I’m missing one piece of gear to complete the feat for the MBOT and I can’t get it for some reason and there aren’t many people doing them which makes it really time consuming to do. As you already said they should change it and give us the chance when we get codex to pick the piece we want.

Finally, I also agree that the feat getting the 19 primal evil demons is ridiculous, (I only have 4 so far). I don’t understand why they did what they did because as you pointed out the odds of getting the mission and the demons to spawn are freaking bad. I noticed that some people just wait for other players to come do the mission and they jump in if the demon appears, I guess that is one way of getting it done quickly (quickly= waiting hours and hours for people to show up and do the mission).

Thanks
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

How about a weapon vendor were the weapons have a might or precision set up like the t5 armor .
    • Like x 3
  19. WingSaber New Player

After reading the upcoming, Game Update 30 notes, especially regarding the new loot items for new item lvl 87 & 88 , I hope they drop same item lvl 87 & 88 weapon drops at least from duos & Alert.
    I would appreciate they add this update same in Sons Of Trigon DLC.
    Thanks.. .8)
    • Like x 2
  20. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Any ETA on the t5 dps utility belt fix
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.