DLC8: Celestial Powers Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Ahh but Malediction-> Benediction applies that buff to the group as well as a 13s reuse vs a 24s, making it a 12s/13s buff/DoT vs 12/24s buff/DoT.
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

Agreed, just stating why IMO I think it does less damage as in part the healing ticks are better.
  3. Kristyana New Player

You're probably right. I just thought it was a bit strange that Celestial is the only powerset that neither applies nor benefits from PIs, even with supercharges. But seeing how much else it brings to the table that helps the group, I'm ok with this.

The new version of Divine Light does the initial blast of damage under the target and then applies a 6 second DoT on everything it hits, upping the damage considerably. I do not know of the initial blasts or tics stack yet - I'll get into an alert later tonight and try it out, although my guess would be "no"
  4. Kristyana New Player

I modified Sore's DPS precision formula as it was easier for me to understand than the TVDwhatever number that Omaar uses for HL.

I took Sore's spreadsheet and instead of trying to sort out the high and lows to give an average, had it average out based on the variance value Spord gave of 0.9 to 1.1. All tests were done with exactly 1000 precision for 100 effective DPS.

And as I finished, I realized I didn't have Core Strength equipped in healer role, so I need to do all this again, ugh. Still, did too much work to not show the numbers, so here we go:

With 100 DPS, using Sore's formula for the ATK % (meaning multiply your effective DPS by this number to tell you how hard a precision power will hit with a +/- 10% variance)

Cleansed Haunt: 63% on initial hit, 31% for two tics

Corrupted Smite: 88%

Cleansed Curse: 42%, assuming a very similar number for the "dot" if the might version is any indication

Cleansed Wither: 191% on the initial hit, 95% for two tics afterwards

Corrupted Retribution: 158%. Have not tested the damage the aura does

Cleansed Consume Souls: 246%

Corrupted Wrath Of The Presence: 148% on the initial tic, 51% for six tics afterwards

Cleansed Malediction: 19% per tic for 6 tics

Cleansed Death Mark: 119% on initial hit, 59% for two tics afterwards, did not test explosion

Cleansed Blight: 166% on the initial hit, 60% per tic for six tics afterwards

Corrupted Admonish: 197%

I have not tested the numbers for either combo'd version of Divine Light or Plague

Without running the tests again with Core Strength, it's pretty interesting to see the discrepancies in some of the powers. Looks like the hardest hitting powers in the set, even counting for the damage boost, are going to be variations of Blight/Admonish and Wither/Retribution.
    • Like x 1
  5. Elusian Crowd Control

How unexpected :rolleyes:
  6. Kristyana New Player

Numbers redone. Guide started. Sleep time now....

Cleansed Haunt: 84.00% Initial 42.00% Tic
    Corrupted smite: 118.00%
    Cleansed Curse: 56.00%
    Cleansed Wither: 255.00% Initial 127.00% Tic
    Corrupted Retribution: 210.00% target 48.00% aura
    Cleansed Consume Soul: 328.00%
    Corrupted Wrath of the Presence: 196.00% Initial 68.00% Tic
    Cleansed Malediction: 25.00% Tic
    Cleansed Death Mark: 159.00% Initial 79.00% Tic
    Cleansed Blight 220.00% Initial 80.00% Tic
    Corrupt admonish 264.00%
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

Updating my list with this, looks much better than the numbers before =). These are right around the same alpha had for the most part.

For Cleansed Curse IIRC the initial damage was higher than the triggered damage. Is that a test of just the initial?

Also, I could never get corrupted retribution tested fully, everything i'd use it on would have things end up dead or out of range or hatever so I was never satisfied that the ticks I got were all the ticks you could get. Do you know how many ticks?
  8. Roomba Dedicated Player

This is what I'm interested in as well.

And I can't make my mind up about curse. Must test test test....
  9. spord Developer

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped test Celestial while it was on PC Test. I have made a new thread in the Developer Discussion area that we can use now that the power set is live.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.