DLC8: Celestial Powers Feedback

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by spord, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spord Developer

Hey everyone. I wanted to make a Celestial Power thread where we can discuss all of the feedback. I am happy to see the conversations that have been started already and hope we can bring all of them to one place. Please continue to test the powerset and let us know what you think.
  2. Mini Lini Loyal Player

Like others have said in the other thread.. I find the combos too slow. The damage is very high and nice, which makes up for the combos being slow I guess. The combos are too easily interrupted by NPCs, can't imagine how it will be in PvP for being interrupted.
    • Like x 1
  3. Stamen Dedicated Player

I completed one of the new duos on test last night without any real problem. Undoubtedly, I was interrupted several times and due to proximity, more times that I would have been using Nature. However, I felt like the dps was on par with Nature if not perhaps a bit better.

One thing I noticed was that the timing for the taps and holds on celestial combos was slightly different for some of the powers. Consume soul seemed to be the one I had to wait on the longest. Plague, by contrast, just zips through despite there being three requirements in the combo. It seems like it would be easier if they were all the same wait time for execution, but then again there is probably good reasons for it, seeing that you can clip a celestial combo with itself.
    • Like x 1
  4. thelostczarnian New Player

well it sure has a ton of buffs
    • Like x 1
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

I mentioned the same thing in the other thread. Some of the combos seemed to have a longer window than others. I was testing out Blessed to Cursed healing combos with the following: Renew, Admonish, Benediction, Blessing, Divine Light, and Consecrated Ground. The first 3 were pretty easy, and the combo window was almost immediately after the cast. With Blessing, you have to wait until the shield is up. I had the hardest time with Divine Light. Your character elevates during the cast. The combo window seems to be as the toon is dropping back down, but before he touches the ground. Was very difficult to hit that combo.
  6. Remander Steadfast Player

It's interesting. blklightning and I were testing next to each other and talking about the powers. It seems that with the inherent buffs, you may be better off not specing iconic innates that you normally would as a healer. Instead, spend 7 PP in each tree, plus a SC, to unlock the most potent combos. This powerset is sooo very different. Will take a long time to master.
    • Like x 2
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Question for Spord. In the other thread, blklightning mentioned that comboing into the Blessed shield did not get the regenerative shielding benefit that casting the shield does. Is it the case that comboed powers will not benefit from HT mods?
  8. blklightning New Player

Yep, no time and space for Iconic Innates. Oh well.

bedovean said this in the other thread:
    I just wanted to point out the glaring difference between Ionic Drain and Guardian's Light, from an Electric healer perspective. GL has about half the cast time and the burst heal is MASSIVE. It's easier to cancel out of, too. THIS is a heal I can use in Nexus w/o worrying that I'll have to jump cancel and start doing bursts instead.
  9. blklightning New Player

I think it's designed to be that way. It's definitely the DPS version of a fun shield that does good damage. Guess it's not fair to have 2 shields in our power tree that get such an awesome benefit. The guy that I ran with last night didn't seem to be combing near so much as I was. I tried to combo EVERY power, just to get the hang of them. Next is clipping and finishing with combos.
  10. Alpha vermelho Committed Player

I dont test yet,need download game again to do this.
    But look nice, look something new , inovation is gold, congrats to dev that do this come true.
    I see more than a player talking about timing of combos, i belive that this should be improved to better ,this is power of miguel, lucifer and spectre then i belive that should be our supreme power. If need do restrictions made in pvp to dont bring problem to others players, in pve i dont see any kind of problem in see a true powerfull powerset.
    good job
  11. Remander Steadfast Player

Yeah, I think a lot of folks are going to have trouble with the combos and either aren't going to use them or will use them poorly. I plan to spend a lot of time practicing on test before it goes live. Those who are going to be learning this on live are going to struggle. Definitely the most intricate powerset yet.
  12. blklightning New Player

I was honestly expecting my DPS to kick back some heals to me. That didn't happen so much. I guess not everybody studies like we do? :p

The difference between him and me was that I may understand the power better, but he was faster at picking up on game strategy.
  13. AIpha New Player

I'll just list all the powers and its DPS/Healer usability.

• The initial powers are just that initial powers everyone at this point knows they are usually just there to be there but these two using the combo system actually have a bit of burst potential.
    • Renew, typical single target heal nothing special here. Cursed version doesn't really contribute any more to healing so won't be comboed into much at all.
    • Admonish, literally part of the single best healing combo in the power set and a unique 4 man heal instead of the normal 2 man heals. I like it. The cursed version is nothing to write home about though but its to be expected with only a Tier 1 power.
    • Retribution, this is a strictly dps power and a good one at that. A must for Prec users because its need to pull of the precision version of Wither which is an AoE Prec dot. It can also be comboed into from Wither for a dot as well very nice combo system between those two powers love it.
    • Blessing, here is my issue with blessing, shields are usually a healer thing or controller thing but with the combo system you had to nerf it down to a two man shield to balance out the cursed version that explodes dealing damage. I don't like that. I think it should have something more if its only a 2 man shield possible have it heal surrounding allies when it depletes. The cursed version though is pretty good but you need death mark which is not a very good power imo, at least compared to other possibilities.
    • Sacrifice(50% Super), its really bad and not usefull at all. I know I wanted something different than regen, or invig but you literally made it unusable. No healer in their right mind is going to use this. The heals are weak, the power back is weak and you get none of the benefits not power not heals not anything. Its a neat concept but change it. At least give the user a shield and heals and power as well. No one is going to sacrifice themselves for a small hot.
    • Benediction, I thought this was one of the more unique combos, cleansing malediction grants a prec dot and you and 3 group members get a 15% crit bonus, or cursing benediction grants heals based on the damage the 4 of you do. Its useful for both healing and dpsing and I like it.
    • Glyph(50% Super), what in the world is this. Its an AoE 75% absorption shield for 50%!!! NO , just NO. You do know electric has an 8 man instant shield no AoE and it heals on hit and blocks ALL incoming damage for the same price. This quite possibly is the worst super in the game. Pick something else, make this a AoE field heal for a cheaper price or keep it the same and keep the 75% but add healing in heal stance or damage in damage stance. Celestial needs a good DPS super atm so I would perfer you make this one damage somehow.
    • Wrath of the Precesence, this is another one I really like the combo play between. You can corrupt this with Consume Soul for a precision dot, or you can cleanse Consume soul with this for an PBAoE HoT. I like it.
    • Guardians Light, amazing power. Love to see Ionic back and love to see it be a channel and work with enduring damage mod. Quite honestly without this group heal Celestial would be the worst healing power but this single handedly saves it. Don't touch this one its a must have for any healer.
    • Divine Light, Again a great combo system here with Plauge. Divine Light itself purifies enemies and HoTs allies or you can corrupt it to spread purify and do AoE Prec damage and when I say AoE it might be the largest AoE instant power ever. Also using this to cleanse Plague for a Prec DoT is awesome.
    • Anointe, I really really really like this power but where its at in the Tree is killing me. I really want it for my healing loadout but I also want Guardians light and Divine light and need Consume souls too so I'm left with no innates if I get it. Its a tough desicion here. I don't really see anywhere it can go. But I do like it for both Prec Dps and Healing.
    Cursed Tree
    • Haunt, again already said its a good initial start power. Not going to use it on a healing or dps loadout but its to be expected.
    • Curse, I thought at first this sounded good but I'm not seeing the usefulness of these powers atm. I need more testing with this. Though the combo here is completely pointless. Corrupt Renew or Cleansed Curse are nothing I want to waste my time with.
    • Blight, Again its part of the single best healing combo in the power and quite honestly the damage is amazing for melee range. I REALLY REALLY REALLY think the HoT needs to effect the whole group though. Celestial is lacking in Raid heals and this would be perfect. It has to be comboed to to give the heal so its not overpowered at all. Another thing is it needs to Prioritize REAL allies and not just closest. Often times I see it going on pets and not teammates, but this would be fixed if the HoT affected the whole group.
    • Wither, Again part of a really good combo system with Retribution I really like it.
    • Death Mark, of the two, Curse and this, this one is definately better and it has a much more useful combo into blessing. Still need more testing here to really judge it better.
    • Life Idol(25% Super), I'm not seeing where people would rather have this on there loadout than one of the other amazing powers. It has a weak dot honestly but I guess the price is what balances it. I'd like to see the damage doubled and price up'd to 35% to make it more usefull.
    • Malediction, see Benediction.
    • Life Syphion(35% Super), This SHOULD be the go to raid super for healers but its too weak. Up it to 50% and put the heals on par with Regen and Invigorate and you will see it on healer loadouts. If not it's just another lost supercharge in a power full of useless supers.
    • Consume Soul, another must have for healers. It has the potential to HoT the whole group which is critical for Celestial at the moment. If Blight was changed to HoT the whole group this wouldn't be as needed but would still be good for a HoT stacking Celestial. The Combo for Dps is awesome for melee and PvP. Love comboing into prec dots. Its the best part about dpsing with this power.
    • <35%, honeslty its the standard 1 low tick 1 high tick <35% nothing to say here. Would love it to be a bit more unique but because right now the powers above it aren't as good as others I've found I'm skipping it.
    • Plauge, single handedly my favorite dps combo with this and Divine Light. The cleanse version of Plauge is the best ranged Prec dot in Celestial and is a must have for any Prec DPS. For healing I guess it can be used to corrupt Divine light for heals but just using regular Divine light does the trick.
    • Dark Pact, I don't like this power at all. 30% more power cost for these runs the bar dry and 20% damage boost seems like a lot especially for a power with no 60% modifier. I would honestly replace this with a 60% modifier and call it a day. Create a combo system between it and Anoint and it would be AWESOME. Dark Pact- Make a dark deal blasting your target and surrounding enemies with cursed magic. You take damage for this deal(equal to sacrifical offering damage). Cleansed Pact-You heal allies depending on damage done. Corrupt Anoint, weapon attacks deal addition damage(ups prec boost to 185 instead of 115).
    Likes: I like the combo system, I like comboing heals, I like Prec Dots, Anoint is AWESOME.
    Dislikes: All the Supercharges, Lack of Raid heals, Dark Pact doesn't appeal to me really.
    • Like x 2
  14. BrotherMutant New Player

I disagree that they will be struggling. Assuming they don't just switch over a CR 90+ toon into Celestial thinking they will heal the same of course. I am doing that but also leveling it up from scratch once released to get the timing down and practice in (more than what I get from test server anyways). The one I am leveling up will inevitably be the DPS version as I think DPS are really gonna have interruption problems moreso than the healers. My second healer (Lightning Cleric) will happily lose the elec to be a full-fledged Celestial healer.

I do agree that there is a concern that almost equal number of PPs in both trees need to be spent to unlock the combos you may want. Still testing, but so far I was using Renew/Admon/Curse/Consume Soul/Retrib/and Cursed Idol for SC. Retribution so far ain't really worth the PP even if combed for a healer so thinking of different loadouts/PP purchases. Sadly, was trying my typical 4 PPs in Iconics for DPS and Healer innates. That may not be possible or at least advised to get the best DPS or Healer, but that's ok.
  15. spord Developer

Regenerative Shielding does not work with Corrupted Blessing. It will only works with Blessing. Some of the Tactical Mods can be of benefit for comboed powers. Mods like Core Strength are always working.
    • Like x 3
  16. Trexlight Devoted Player

Honestly that sounds about right since one tree has Crit Healing Chance and the other has Crit Healing Mag
  17. AIpha New Player

Just curious what supercharge is even worth leaving out one of the heals for?
  18. blklightning New Player

I can see a use for Sacrifice in a well-coordinated team, where the tank knows to retaunt immediately after the healer taunts. Other than that, I'm thinking of running SCfree. Will see.

I want to be on tonight, but it's important to me to get MoR on my main so I have spending $ come the release. So, need to run FR and BIA daily. After that, or before, I plan on spending all of my free game time on the test server.
    • Like x 1
  19. Karasawa Loyal Player

Is the precision damage off combos supposed to be this high? With 730 precision I can 2 shot the dummies with the Admonish combo and 3 shot players in full T4 pvp. I don't even have to use my weapon.
  20. AIpha New Player

It doesn't heal you though so literally the only use would be to heal your teammates. What if you are going down as well? Celestial just doesn't really have that regen or invig.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.