DLC7: Items and Player Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I agree with you but I consider the Expert Mods a blessing. Why are people being so competitive?

With V Mods, we get what we deserve for T5 Content. But with VE Mods, we get even more for our effort. I consider VE very beneficial that whether who gets it or not, benefits us all.

DPS with more Prec/Might? More burn. Things die quick. Less to worry about.
    Healers with more Restoration? More Heals, more Shields, better protection. ;)
    Tanks with more Dominance? Greater Shielding!
    Controllers with more Vit? More Power for everyone!

So I personally feel there is nothing to complain about. The only thing I'd be upset about is a designated Healer getting a Might VE plan because there's no point for him/her to get more Might. In short, jealousy is the only emotion.

People are going to buy/sell PSN cards or whatever PC does, PayPal or whatever, always. It happens everywhere, every game, and there is no legit method to prevent this from happening. It always has been anyways and always will. Whoever gets caught, just breaks the EULA and may face consequences.
  2. LightningBlitze17 New Player

As far as influence points go i understand that they have been discontinued, however I am still curious to know what will happen to the iconic suits that you can buy only with the influence points such as, mercenaries malask, hawkman, and robin.
    Any input would be great.
  3. The Equalizer Well-Known Player

Unfortunately, you have to buy them with Marks of Valor, which makes no sense at all. All the original PVP suits from before the change (i.e. the Iconics) should be cash only buys and optional 77 lvl suits on par with the Archangel set.

I don't understand why they are not.
  4. One Shot New Player

most folks are only running nexus for the odd bit of 86 gear and the exp plan, i dont want to have to ask someone every time i make a mod just because i cant my hands on the plans, like i could with ease in every other teir, i honestly cant wait for trigon and the next dlc, this one really was the worse so far, come on how messed up was nexus and paradox when they first came out, time crisis is a joke..
  5. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Hmm yeah which is why people reset these Raids a LOOOOT LESS than other Raids. The Plans aren't as meaningful to many people as the gear. The gear gives a tremendous stat increase and it is by far the easiest gear to obtain comparative to the lesser Tiers when they were first introduced. Devs need to consider this very closely:

Increasing the need for grind increases replay value. By letting us acquire T5 gear rather quickly, we don't have a direct goal anymore. Instead, we are pushed into running content we don't really find fun. The Raids are too unplayable that they are not worth the time and effort on PS3. What is a grind is this:

Raids give us 15 Marks. Other content gives us a loooot less, like 4 tops. This allows the casual players to slowly gear up or Raid whenever they feel comfortable, while not being TOO far behind if they go on let's say vacation. Increase the cost of gear by 3x to make up for the amount of content given so that we can have a visual indication of our progress. Take BRIT's idea where we incrementally buy gear like how PvP gear works - but instead of using PvP CR, use whether or not we completed the Style. In my opinion this is very easy to implement, no?

Back to you, One Shot: If I were in your situation which I am going to start doing is urge the VE Plans to be role-specific so that people can get what they can benefit from. People are too greedy now and but why is that? Because the devs introduced these shenanigans that force the community to make rules such as these so that everyone can benefit. But of course, it all takes one person to ruin it for everyone. For the most part, I don't encourage role-specific plans, but if we are introduced gauged levels of Tiered plans, such as V Expert or for laughs, V Expert-Expert, then those should be locked at role-specific loot rules just like with gear. At least this should be implemented temporarily (like the first 2-3 months so that everyone can get what they need and avoid those "other" looters).

If not, then simply let us edit Group Loot settings per our desire. The simplest solution in my opinion because this solves every loot problem. And of course, such settings would be visible to every player in the party.

Btw, One Shot, out of curiosity, which is your favorite DLC? Mine would probably be Battle for Earth because it introduced a good farmable Raid that everyone can run, and a fun challenging Raid, designed for those who were able. I agree with you that this DLC was perhaps the worst, but it's also pretty darn good because the devs took one helluva direction.
  6. One Shot New Player

Even something like exp plans in nexus/para monthly box's would be enough, just wish they would think about these things instead of "trusting" that the loot won't by luck be won all by one or two people, that as most of us know sell the money they make from that plan to sites like mmook.com ect... on the plus side the direction the game took is nice, i like hard raids, i like paradox, i just dont like playing for hours and not advancing due to a luck based loot system, which as you said makes players greedy. The rings from GU 28 are the best idea dcuo has had in re-balancing the gap between players that all play for the same amount of time, but due to a luck based system, left some of us behind. I guess what im saying is, the game should be more about the game than gear.

My fav dlc lol ermm i love HT mods/trinks, but they should also all be free or something, the t4 chest mods made a big difference in pvp. But yeh i think would agree Battle for earth is a good dlc, it opens t4 nicely to advance on to PBG, good A.I. from both i think, but i think GOT wins best raid design for an overall rating.

Something else i remembered, why oh why was i full manta geared and bored of time crisis when these guys released the V consumable plans? I don't even run t5a's any more.
  7. RJTally31 Active Player

Were is the might bonus in the 85 rings???? Hard light is already beast all the other roles work better with might!
  8. Dogzday Dedicated Player

I personally don't understand why all rings were given Precision Affinities.

Might Rings should get Might Affinity.
    Precision Rings should get Precision Affinity.

Or simply LET US CHOOSE what Affinity we want by maybe using our Mainframe. Like this:

Let the Ring have both Precision Affinity and Might Affinity sockets but grayed out. In the Ring, it should say it requires a HT Mod to activate a Affinity. When you insert a Might or Precision unlocking HT Mod, then you can Mod the Ring and get that Affinity.

Balanced Ring of Monkeys (Empty Socketed Ring)
    Health 100
    Might 50
    Precision 50
    To activate an affinity requires the respective Tactical Mod.
    [ ] White Socket
    [ ] Red Socket
    Affinity Bonus
    • Precision +20
    • Might +20
    Item Level ##

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balanced Ring of Monkeys (Only White Socketed Ring)
    Health 100
    Might 50
    Precision 50
    [x] White Socket
    • Enhanced Might
    [ ] Red Socket
    Affinity Bonus
    • Precision +20
    • Might +20
    Item Level ##

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Balanced Ring of Monkeys (Fully Socketed Ring, White and Red for Affinity)
    Health 100
    Might 50 + 56
    Precision 50
    [x] White Socket
    • Enhanced Might
    [x] Red Socket
    • Might V [+36 Might]
    Affinity Bonus
    • Precision +20
    • Might +20
    Item Level ##
    • Like x 2
  9. Jake reaper New Player

Yes I do believe there should be different ring colors or new lanterns, because having blue and red lantern style weapons is really pointless when you don't have the same color lantern to support them
  10. Rahaem Haynes New Player

Are there new auras that could be added in DLC 8 for explain how about a aura that has darkness just floating around the character's body. Wouldn't that be a good idea guys?
  11. Rahaem Haynes New Player

there****
  12. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Why is there not an option to be able to purchase decent weapons for the Tier 5 difficulty with marks?

Why do we have to endure a luck-based lottery and hope (often in vain) that I weapon that we like will drop?
  13. Spike New Player

Can dev of this thread (crafty crafter) confirm existence of legendary (yellow/gold) item in Nexus or Paradox ? Like Helm of omnipotence.
  14. Treat New Player

From the data I've gathered, I've yet to see any variation of a helmet drop in the T5 Raids. I personally play on USPS3 as a Villain. I have reran the raids a bunch of times. I have friends who have reran them a bunch of times. I have seen videos of other players running it, even factions. Not a single report of a helmet dropping in either Nexus or Wave. Villain nor hero from what I can tell.

Could you guys check to see if the data for the Helmet (be it the blue or the purple version) even exists for the tier 5 content and if it exists on both factions and platforms? You don't have to say where specifically it drops, but it would be reassuring if you guys checked the data on your end.
    Thanks.
  15. UltraElite Dedicated Player

I got the 87cr DPS Utility Belt from the T5 Ops. 1 trinket 3 consumable

Its been in my inventory un-used for alomst 6 months now

What is the GAMEPLAY VALUE behind a belt like this?

And why is there no better version of it available?

Home Turf Added a bunch of new AWESOME trinkets, but unfortunately if i wanted to use those AWESOME trinkets that i pay MoT for with the BEST CR stat UTILITY BELT for DPS than im limited to just 1 of those trinkets

seems very backwards

u would think the better the utility belt, the more gameplay value uses it has
  16. BrownMamba New Player

I would like to know if the helmet, shoulders and chest piece for Traces in Time are in the loot table for Paradox or Nexus because it seems ALMOST no one on either US or EU PS3 servers have those pieces.
  17. The Klepto New Player

I totally agree on the rings aspect! The rings should be mixed and random with precision and might affinities.
  18. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Yeah they should be different though. I made a thread on that and totally forgot that x Might is y Precision. Something like 2 Precision = 5 Might so the numbers would be different. It would be like a 20 Precision vs. 50 Might argument thing. I thought it would be cool but eh idk. I haven't been playing the past 4 weeks so I don't bother so much lol.
  19. Fultyman New Player

make sure to let such things,for example:if a player controller,you give him that the controller and ущерба.а are not the right things not for your elements:(I hope you reply to my complain
  20. Fultyman New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.