DLC7: Items and Player Rewards

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Crafty_Crafter, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCUO Anon New Player

A Point of View:
    USPS3:
    I have and use two stances. I have fully modded T4.5 gear in both roles/stances. I carry both sets to allow for Role Switch in Alerts/Raid below CR of highest gear. I enjoy running T4 and below content including Solos and Duos. I enjoy both roles I have. I have plenty Styles yet to complete, thus plenty to spend MoT toward. I rarely use replay tokens (perhaps 5 times since Dec 2012). I use one role to obtain gear for Stat/Style increases in other role respectively and in that order.
    I do not have all the Noresman yet. I do not have all four sets of T4. I play around 4 hours each day. I do not run the OC content every week. I did not, and still don't run the T4 Raids every week prior to OC. I have 4 bases, with 3 mainframe items fully unlocked as well as the 4 slot UB's unlocked. I have MoT stacks in Bank for rainy day. I consider myself to be an average player that caters to PUG life and is able to run content w/ friends upon request. I do not feel compelled to finish the content ASAP. I am learning to deal w/ the intent as well as flaws of the Deserter penalty.
  2. Phil C New Player

I was hoping The Devlopers will look at this suggestion. If you guys could create items that give the lantern powers a different colour?? You guys could make money off it by posting it in Marketplace or allow us to achieve it through many quests?? The colours of the different lanterns as is in the Comics White/Black/Red/Orange/Blue/Violet/Pink and then you have Green and yellow which we have. You guys wouldn't need to create new powersets or anything for each ring.. just change only the ring colour on the hands of players and their powers. When I first saw your DLC Fight for the Light I Actually thought it was like in the comics when the Lanterns all had war with all Colours.. But yeh this is a good idea if you guys wanta make some money seeing as most of the things you guys do now is all about money.. such as making ppl have to buy more replay badges since raids are cleared every month.. but anywayz the Idea is here if you guys wanta listen.
  3. Phil C New Player

The might rings come from promethium boxes as I have gotten them in the past . their lv 78..
  4. Phil C New Player

5. Jackj1010 New Player

Promethium lockbox's are special boxed with rare/legendary items, they drop at random enemies and require promethium keys to unlock or if you are a legendary member you can unlock them without the keys
  6. Jaobigboy New Player

They now drop in the vault, check the new update info, but thanks for trying, lol
  7. Jaobigboy New Player

I guess the devs aren't paying attention to this thread,as I have posted wed of last week and have no reply from them. Disappointment I have!
  8. Stamen Dedicated Player

To the devs,

Today we lost a two-year player who has uninstalled the game because of the confusion surrounding level five mods. It appears that there are NUMEROUS players in the game who still do not understand that there are mods ABOVE a standard level five. When shouts appear asking for crafter for Level V Expert plans, these noobs are swearing up and down that they have the plan.

In reality, they have a standard level V plan. They just think it's expert because it says "Level V."

I'm going to tell you flat up that this could have been easily avoided on the front end, simply by naming the expert mods differently. The term "expert" is ubiquitous. It means whatever the listener wants it mean. For a noobish player, a level five plan IS an expert plan. The sever is populated with these imbeciles & the name you chose for the plan isn't one that seems to resonate with them.

Calling it "Nexus Modifications" or "Paradox Modifications" would ease the confusion. Heck, for that matter, so would simply calling them "Level Six" mods. But level five expert is not a good name for them.

I recall, and I believe it was in this very thread, mentioning that your support ticket volume was going to go through the roof with the last update. By giving us green and blue gear that exceeds the purple gear stats, you threw some major confusion into the selling & salvaging process. I accidentally salvaged a CR 82 dps neck piece just last week. I didn't bother with a ticket, but I am certain that because it was green, I am not alone in having done so.

These mods are another example. I know of at least five people who have had a regular level five crafted for them when they asked for an "expert." The nomenclature and coloration of the new drops is insufficient and causing problems. We lost a 2-year vet over it whose support ticket was denied. You lose his cash.

Fixing these issues is a win / win. If not for this patch, then in the future. Pay the $500 to put a new color on the tile. Do a quick edit on the name of the "expert" mods. We need a uniform way to communicate to the portions of our community that operate on half a brain.

Thanks.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Wow you have an amazing set of ideas and illustrated in a very clear, organized, manner. I salute you. I completely agree with you and they way you proposed this is amazing. I like your favored option very much. THAT increases replayability rather than these loot drops that forces players to become enemies because, "oh, he ninja looted, etc." So thank you for posting this. I hope this gets carried out because this is an amazing idea.
    • Like x 2
  10. chaoticreign New Player

Brit said it very well.

1) MOR have no value very quickly
    2) Luck drops for top gear are bad (I thought you had understood this point, when you decided to not have prom. rings scale up and drop above the top cr 78 level now)

What you did with PvP gear is the way to go. You have to have a full set to buy the next full set and every set is purchasable. You also should include the ability to purchase weapon for PvE too... that's more styles (some like me collect weapon styles even if there is not feat) and many people would buy multiple weapons to change up based upon content.

Nothing is more discouraging to play then a constant stream of "bad luck". I have beaten neuxus atleast 40x by now and paradox 5 (I know a small number there). Let me tell you about my luck: I am still using a cr lvl 82 two hand cause I have never seen anything above that drop and I ran both solo and alerts daily, every day, since this came out and then extra with replay badges the first few days.

Here is the big kicker... as a TANK I have a cr 86 belt that I have seen drop 3 times and NOTHING ELSE above cr 85. I have seen 40+ end boss nexus missions drops and am at the point where I will no longer tank it because, from my experience, 70% of the top end drops are dps (so three roles hoping to get lucky for the other 30%... or about 70% dps and 10% tank 10% heal 10% troll for 85 and even worse for 87) and I abide by my leagues and common loot rules. Now we do FFA role for the iconic, but I have lost on the 8 pieces that have dropped now. Not to mention that even with FFA every time these drop there are still arguments and people upset. To give you an idea of three groups I run with... every single dps has atleast 2-3 pieces of 87 gear and 2 to full 86 pieces. For me that's 9 dpsers I play with that have 6x the drops and I play more then everyone of them, and 90% their drops have come from raids I have tanked for them.

Because of the above I am seeing more and more "non dps" people refusing to run these in a non-dps role, not because they do not like the other roles; in fact they prefer them. It is simply because when the top end loot in the game that drops is overwhelmingly dropping in DPS only, you better be dps. I know for a fact you have lost tons of replays with players in my league because after awhile non-dps roles starting refusing to run the content unless they can roll on dps gear... which is creating a "loot rule" conversation as well. This has made what is normally 3-4 different teams running the content a night down to 1 every other day, if even that. Heck, I know many people who wait until a pug group cannot finish and then simply go in to dps that pug group for the last boss simply for the loot knowing 9/10 it will be dps.

In the end you lose when a player base is fighting among itself because of flawed game designs, like dps gear being dropped at much much much higher rates, because players may play through BS because of their friends and leagues... but when the BS puts a strain on that relationship... that's when people stop playing and even leave the game for good.
    • Like x 1
  11. Phil C New Player

no lol I wasn't talking about those rings, im talking about lantern rings that change colour. they don't have to change the powers.. just the colours.. I wouldn't mind a white or blue or orange lantern ring colour and my powers colour matching it as well.. the Devs could sell it on marketplace so they benefit and so do we
  12. Dump Truck New Player

Any word on making this belt useful? 3 consumables is not useful. thanks.
    Manipulator's Utility Strap
    • Trinket
    • Requires DLC: "Hand of Fate"
    • Requires: Level 30
    • Slot 1 - Trinket
      Slot 2 - Consumable
      Slot 3 - Consumable [Locked]
      Slot 4 - Consumable [Locked]
    • Total Stats:
    • 180 Health
    • 60 Power
    • 44 Precision
    • 72 Might
    • 20 Vitalization
    • 30 Restoration
    • 87 Item Level
    • Cannot Trade
    • Value: 652
    • Like x 2
  13. Dogzday Dedicated Player

Dump Truck:
    Their logic for this is that having a high drop rate for 3 consumable belts is that it increases replayability which is absurd. I'll stick to my 86 belt with 1 Trinket, 1 Consumable, and 2 Wildcard (I think that's it) because I highly doubt there is even a 4 Trinket or 4 Wildcard belt. The drop rates for stuff are so twisted that it makes running the T5 Operations painful. The only reason why I run them now is to help out other players in the League gear up, which is sad because I'm not running the content anymore out of enjoyment - I'm doing it as a grind to help my friends - not that anything is wrong with that, but the fact that I now dislike running the Operations because of the drops is pathetic.

I get that they want the best gear to be obtainable from Raids, but as many have stated above, too much drops for DPS and not enough for the amount of time and effort put into the Raids that, relative to our effort, barely increment our stats.

Devs and Everyone Else:
    For a long time, players have demanded tougher content, yes, however, this game has been known to be a casual MMO from the start. I'm facing the risk of generalizing this post, but I would like to say that this DLC contradicts that popular belief. If we want harder content, why can't we have Raids akin to FoS2, where boss-fight mechanics isn't all that matters? FoS2 truly tests the integrity of the Raid (in full T2-T3 gear) for its many reasons. This leads me to my point where I tie in tough content with loot: the effort is not worth the reward to most people. I now only run Nexus once a week and decide not to waste any more time helping my League out if I'm loot locked and have ran it a couple times already simply because I don't want to waste an hour or so trying to teach mechanics and finally getting the Raid set through a magnitude of trial and error sessions.

DLC7 drop rates for better items should be increased, and players who walk in as friends will then not walk out as enemies. Someone said a similar quote somewhere and whoever said that deserves much credit, because that describes the loot situation in a heartbeat.

So devs, do you plan on changing anything about loot? Because in my honest opinion, running and replaying these Raids as often as you think we should is not really worth the effort anymore, even if that is once a week, or as often as 3x a week. These Raids have ridiculous one-shot mechanics. On PS3, they aren't even rendered yet and they kill you. Apparently if you can't see them, they can kill you in this unfair Raid. That's effort vs. reward again.

Running once a week in Nexus where the drop rate for ANY purple non-Lair item is 50%, rolling against 8 (12.5%) people if it's a Plan or uncalled Weapon or against 2-3 (33-50%) people if it's a Gear - essentially gives up high hopes for reward, but such huge disappointment for losing out on the roll.

All criticism aside, I do enjoy the T5 content from time to time. The Legends simulation is a great idea, they're still buggy though. The Raids on PC look stunning. Not assuming PC is more important - simply saying that the higher specs of the PC can make DCUO a better experience. I'm now looking forward to seeing this content more enjoyable and more do-able with the power of the PS4.

Hope you take Brit's Tier idea into consideration for PvE, as you devs made the idea for PvP already. I gotta say, that PvP idea was great because it forced people to not skip content. How would this be implemented? Simple. I understand that people want to mod their gear to increase their efficiency and CR.

Make it so that if a player completes an entire Style (or unlocks the Feat for completing the Style), then they can progress to the next Tier for PvE. Don't have a CR requirement and neglect the increment of Exo Mods. Instead, maybe code it around completing the Style. That way, people will not be able to skip the content you guys have spent so much time creating.

Yes, this post was generalized to the extreme, but thanks for reading and hope some of this is taken into consideration, and especially Brit's ideas.
    • Like x 1
  14. Badname8293 New Player

assailant z...from arch enemy? omg im blushing
  15. Badname8293 New Player

please drop more traces dps gear thank you so much mepps
  16. Badname8293 New Player

are you in arch enemy of soldiers of apoopoo
  17. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

I can understand why you want some random chance in your drops, but making all of them random seems poor. Running a t5 solo and getting 3 pieces of worthless gear and a repair bill bites. Maybe make 2 of them random and have one take your roles into account?
  18. Cacca Well-Known Player

<--- CR98 Troll on strike
  19. Dead_Corps New Player

fix the broken PVP mechanics and the returned mail first please
  20. One Shot New Player

Hi

Do you not feel that making exp mods opened the market to ingame $ selling sites? and also yet again created a massive gap between players of the same time spent playing and same sp but not as lucky as one another?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.