DLC10 Themyscira Divided Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Welcome to DLC10!

This is the feedback thread for the Themyscira Divided alert. Please post your thoughts, any problems you encounter, or general feedback relating to this alert I look forward to hearing from you!

- Quixotic
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Good lord is it necessary for that alert to take that long and the bosses to have so much health ? The way that alert is you guys could have tossed a extra boss or two in and called it a raid it wasn't fun at all .
    • Like x 17
  3. Little Sister New Player

This Alert is not counting for the 500 feat. I was at 483 before I ran it, and I'm still at 483.
    • Like x 6
  4. FEARtheSPUR Well-Known Player

Just not fun to run. Everything has way too much health. Make it a chore to run. It can be very hard on the last boss depending on what boss you get paired with. With everything having a ton of health it make you want to run without a tank but if you get paired with a hard boss at the end you will just get one shot.

Oh well really not worth running when the duo take 10 mins and you get marks. Spend over an hour and may not even finish it and may not getting anything but gear you already have.

In B4 elitist who think its perfect or too easy....
    • Like x 7
  5. Metrioned New Player

It seems on the villain side, for the last boss of the alert. You have 15 second intervals between how much damage you can do. When I say that, I mean you can attack wonder woman for at least 15 seconds before she goes into bracer mode. When she gets into bracer mode, anyone who hits her gets whatever damage they delt to her thrown back but with increased damage(near one shots).

Circe also was just standing by the gate fighting the air while we had to take on wonderwoman and her soldier by ourselves. Is all of this bugged? Should we really have only 15 seconds before she goes into one shot mode the entire fight? I think we were in there for 100 mins, most of which came from that part.
    • Like x 3
  6. Fiaro Bowfire New Player

There needs to be something done about the Pheonix fight at the end. We couldn't complete it at all. the lowest we got Circe down was 80% and that's after killing the phoenix twice! the group it was with already had run it multiple times before and had some of the 91 gear and it was still insanely hard.

The phoenix doesn't focus on the tank but the healer and wipes every time. We tried it at least 20 times and then gave up. Please fix this problem. Gata do something where if the Pheonix is gana respawn, you need to lower Circe's health to make it more realistic. Burning all trinkets, using both healing crystals and Burning all SC's... it's virtually impossible. Unless we got glitched with it. The phoenix eggs spawned almost every 15 seconds and couldn't keep them down either along with having to dps Circe and keep the whole group with with heals from the Pheonix 3k attacks... Btw was in there for 104 minutes...
    • Like x 2
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

My run against the phoenix earlier was with me as the healer, and I had 3 soul wells up (1 isn't needed but i'm lazy), circle was up whenever it was ready, invoc, combo'd rejuvi w/offering, and popped my heal trinket prior to setting up gold soul aura and still maintained over 60% power the whole fight. Phoenix attacked me maybe once, but for the most part stayed near Tanky McTankerson. It's the lil' birds and the other adds that would sometimes poke me in the eye, but they ran away laughing just as quick. Also noting that the DPS in the group kept getting hit hard, so perhaps the phoenix was smacking him, and it's not targeting healers consistently, but any non-tank group member repeatedly.

Either way, the focus is to burn Circe first, then deal with rodan, who then becomes a hell of a lot more manageable.
  8. TimeManipulator New Player

Very challenging alert mostly due to insanely high hp for bosses. It's fun but disappointed that I got only 1 drop before final boss battle which we had the Phoenix with Circe which was tough. We ended up wiping before killing the Phoenix for a third time and the game glitches keeping the gate down with Wonder Woman fighting dying get up rinse and repeat after 5 minutes of watching that through the gates we had to disband instance. Very disappointed :( hopefully you can fix that from happening to others. I'll run it again tomorrow.
  9. Superskull85 Devoted Player

A lot of the feedback that has been posted was posted during testing too. The trios got changed but in general the Alert more or less stayed the same. I don't know if SOE wants to make it shorter at this point but I could be wrong.

Either way my feedback during testing applies to the live version too. It is pretty long for an Alert. Bosses in general really don't have interesting or fun mechanics (most are tank n' spank) which makes everything past the first section pretty dull and lackluster. If you bring 1 of each role it is still pretty much a grind. You are better off with group members being able to use Armories to switch around and speed up the Alert just to get the rewards and get out.

Just like the rest of the DLC feats are not very interesting beyond the first 2 runs (for the Alert only if you get the Phoenix before the confrontation).

As a player I will run it to get the styles and feats and probably not bother running it again unless needed. It is just too long for an Alert.

(Maybe they will listen to the general public this time. ;) )

P.S. I wish I had a Water powerset to silence that Phoenix. :p
    • Like x 4
  10. Cobra commander New Player

It was fun, took a little to figure what needed to be done, The only thing that I didn't like is that I didn't get any loot after we killed Circe. I was on my healer ( No Patience )
    • Like x 1
  11. Kirney Slane New Player

Any else noticed Wonder Woman just fighting nothing but air during the last boss fight? I'm sure she's supposed to contribute to the fight against circe and i don't remember which other boss but she just faced the back wall and kept hitting the air :confused:
    • Like x 2
  12. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Check out Wonder Woman she was in the back just hitting nothing can you guys fix that .
    • Like x 1
  13. Locarthemanbeast Committed Player

Circe did the same thing on villains. She just stayed towards the back of the room swinging at nothing.
  14. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think you need to look at the Wonder Woman boss fight on the Villains side.

Something isn't right at all.

I am aware of the Bracers mechanic, but if there are any other mechanics causing 1 shots, they aren't obvious. At one point, I was focusing on the adds who spawned and Wonder Woman still killed me with Bracer Deflect, even though she was in a South Westernly position to where I was standing, focusing on the mobs North of my location.

Somebody said in another thread that Wonder Woman shows a Red Skull or something? Well she hasn't been if that was intended and it'd certainly be very useful. The bracers seemed to be activating every 15 seconds, too, which was annoying considering the huge health pools on both of the bosses in the room.

The Alert was decent other than that, but you can tell it's been optimised for stacked DPS groups. By the time my group of 3 DPS and 1 tank got to the final boss fight, we were on about 8 Million damage out. Expecting 1 person to do most of 8 million damage is ludicrous and basically encouraging people to stack DPS.

Such a shame that the mechanics behind such a beautiful looking alert are awful.
    • Like x 2
  15. Dark1509 New Player

TBH I love this alert and im not that bothered by the large HP bar the bosses and some of the VIP adds have.

Did the alert for the first time last night (Tank, Heal, Troll, DPS) although we had some initial trouble with the last boss fight we mannaged just fine. (One note though none of us got any loot for defeating Wonder woman).

When Weapon Mastery is in play the burn will still be in a reasonable pace imo.

I havnt seen any other oneshot's other than the braces but it seem to differ according to the powers you might cast on adds near by while the braces are active.

Sticky bomb do not invoke a oneshot but gausse grenade do so my personal conclusion is that only aoe powers with burst dmg potential will affect you if they by accident hit WW indirectly.
  16. DoIAmuseYou New Player

With a decent tank it's simple but, excruciatingly long. Even with skipping what add's we could the boss fight's really killed our momentum and patience and will continue to with daily run's, their health is insanely high and with one dps it's asking a bit much. I get it though, there's no raid and you wanted to give a raid worthy alert but, you went a little overboard with the health tbh.

One other thing, There's alot of disconnecting and it seem's to get Each person in the group. First is was our troll, he DC'd on entry. Then me in one of the hallways about to take on some add's, then our healer (again in a hallway) then our tank with adds in tow. Please look into the disconnecting, It's making the alert even longer waiting for people to log back in.

I know it's getting the ps4 players as well. it's everyone, not just us lowly ps3 players.
    • Like x 5
  17. Kai El Well-Known Player

Lower the health on enemies. But I understand the Devs won't... after all... they need Weapon Mastery to succeed.

Too many enemies, and with that amount of health, it felt like filler more than anything.

The alert is too long to be in there especially when you don't even know if you're going to get the gear you need.

Perfect example: Trigon. IMO, that's the best alert, hands down.
    • Like x 3
  18. chilz New Player

When u are fighting the trio of saytr sometimes they glitch out and noone can get in to fight them someone used pull on them when right inside barrier then got killed the other 3 of us didnt make it inside before the port dissapeared to go in then it was no more alert we had to leave due to the glitch after all the time wasted getting there then this what a bust
  19. Harlequin Devoted Player

Maintaining focus and executing a strategy well over an extended period of time is a measure of skill. Unfortunately, there really aren't many complicated tactics required in these boss fights to test ourselves against. A couple of the encounters have adds that the tank/troll needs to keep off the group. There's the eggs in the phoenix fight. There's..... well, that seems to be it. If we were experiencing a multi-phase battle that required changing tactics mid-fight to avoid a wipe, these health pools would seem to serve as a skill and endurance check. In this case, they seem to simply be a method of dragging the encounters out for the sake of spending time.

Perhaps, as people get a grasp on WM and the GU36 changes and really start maximizing their damage output, these fights won't seem that bad. As much as it would annoy some people to hear it, if there is indeed a l2p problem here and the encounters were designed around a level of damage output we simply aren't seeing yet, it would be nice to see that stated by a dev.

DO NOT nerf this alert, though. While it's not my favorite form of difficulty, the marathon style fight still tests people and I welcome the "challenge."
    • Like x 1
  20. ItzLewDot781 Active Player

the alert was kool, not bad. Only thing.... please please please please... chill out on some of the adds... making my ps3 lag super bad lol... but as far as the outline on the alert, i loved the new map, looks very nice and great job devs
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.