DLC10 Themyscira Divided Alert

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Apr 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Quixotic Please do not nerf this alert... This is what a MMO RPG is supposed to feel like. It has become my favorite, it forces everyone to play their roles.
    Damnit we need more Tanks!!!
    • Like x 1
  2. Psycfyre New Player

You realize you're going to need a minimum of 268 SP to fully unlock all those innates you're referring to right? How long do you think it will be before DCUO has that number available?
    • Like x 1
  3. Crimson Jonni New Player

Since this is a huge difficulty leap from t5, and since its a rather lengthy Mission, is there any way the devs could consider upping the amount of marks to like 7 instead of 5? Theres only 1 alert, 2 solos and 2 duos which dont really give too many marks, especially since the armor costs around the same as t5 did in reality marks. 30-70 per piece. I know there are the daily missions in gotham under siege too, but i think the Harpy Courier is bugged, so its hard to complete that one. Just wondering
  4. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

Just had everyone but myself disconnect in this alert. It's happening way too often now. Idc how long it takes to complete this alert because of the health of bosses but when there is always someone disconnecting its a problem.
    • Like x 1
  5. mgibson New Player

Actually, with the health bars on these things, I'd say take out some health, and alot of damage, and tanks will be useful. Pounding on the same characters for 10-15 mins with no change in their routine whatsoever does not a good alert make. It's mindnumbingly boring. But at least I have the pretty flowers to look at while pushing buttons.
  6. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

Most of the tanks I know can also do a lot of damage.
    Yes they do have a lot of health on the bosses but a good dps can take the bosses out in 2-3minutes
  7. Crimson Jonni New Player

Two to 3 minutes per boss might be a bit of an exageration lol. Not with how much HP these guys have.
    Off topic* I always thought HP meant health points. Turns out it meant. Hit points >.>
  8. Too Many Toons Dedicated Player

As stated in other posts..too long. Felt like raid by 4 player.
  9. mgibson New Player

2-3 mins, huh? I don't see that happening at all. Maybe there's a difference in the locations of the bosses and their health bars, cause getting the three buttheads and circe is still taking 10-15 mins. And my job is not damage. That's a DPS job. I'm there to tick off anything I can and move enemies where needed.
  10. Kali Mortis Level 30

I definately got to agree with this, does this stuff really need this much health? each fight really only had one mechanic, pheonix kill eggs, the pack chick really didnt have any mechanic, wonderwoman just dont attack when she does amazonian deflection. sub boss fights took 10-15 minutes each. my group fought wonderwoman for 25 minutes, 25 MINUTES. of the same ONE mechanic over and over and over and over again. if youre going to make a fight this long add phases to the fight, throw in different mechanics, and no not phases like the pehonix coming back 2 times to full HP... change things up a bit, towards the end we did end up wiping due to us just not paying much attention because we were bored. and we all agreed "screw that I am not doing that again" its just not worth it. you guys tried last tier with high amounts of rediculous damage, this time you went with rediculous amounts of health, how about just evening it out and adding more damage and health but not in absurd numbers?
    • Like x 1
  11. MasterOfTheHunt Well-Known Player

The last boss yea it takes a bit about 10 minutes, but the first too shouldnt take more than i guess 5minutes
  12. Inconforme+ Active Player

21 SP is a lot amount of SP to can use the new bonus of 25 pre/might.
    !YOU DO NOT GIVE US ENOUGH FEATS TO CAN DO THAT¡
  13. Superskull85 Devoted Player

When you play any piece of the content are you "mandated" to play how that content plays out. When you play a certain a powerset you are "mandated" to play by a powersets rules and mechanics which SOE can change at their will without your consent.

By your definitions you are never "playing your way" ever in this game as you don't control the changes and content that gets implemented.

So no you can't use the slogan in this context.

Also FACT Origin Crisis Operations took around the same time in the initial gear we had. So were you "mandated" to get tier 5 gear to complete the Operations faster or even compete?

You still have the option to use Weapon Mastery or not. You also have the option to avoid packs of adds or fight all adds and use Wrap to Rally. The latter will help speed your progression up BTW and does not require Weapon Mastery. ;)

(For the record I thought both sets of content were on the longer side, but that is my personal opinion. It is not a "fact" in all scenarios.)
    • Like x 2
  14. mgibson New Player

K
    Yeah. I don't mean those piddly guys. They're boring with a capital B. The problem I have is more on the idea that the last boss at least takes 10 mins. That's 10 minutes of not dodging, hitting the same stuff over and over, and not using any other tactics except tank and spank. Don't get me wrong, I love a good tank and spank, but not 10 minutes of pure t'n's. Gimme something else to worry about in the mean time.
  15. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That's the whole point. The point is to give you a long term place to put your skill points not give everything away in the first week.
    • Like x 1
  16. Kali Mortis Level 30

this isnt a Korean MMO
  17. Superskull85 Devoted Player

That is relevant how?
  18. Kali Mortis Level 30

apparently youve never played one, since you fail to see the connection, you should go try one, it sounds like you would love them. takes about a year to hit the level cap.
  19. Thedumme103 Well-Known Player

He should just watch SAO, maybe that might help
    I loved that show :D
  20. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

So attempted the alert again and the entire group disconnected. This is not coincidence. There is definitely a problem with the alert. Three times today in a row I've attempted to run it and at least one group member disconnects at the beginning never to log back in and later most of the group, if not everyone but myself disconnects. Is this even being looked in to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.