Disappointed by PvP Arena

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Roguester, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Roguester Well-Known Player

There is so much potential in this game for esports,all they need to do is balance support roles,dps role,refine the mechanics in a way that it is not exploitable,as mentioned in the thread ,,The Remedy for PvP``,and its done,u will have a tactical-teambased-mindgames-patternreading-reaction based game,if they do this,they will need to split the servers again,because everyone and hes mother will want to play such a game,the servers will not hold.
    It is why we keep playing it(those that seen the golden age of pvp),we saw it,and it was grand and we are praying that one day the devs will bring it back to us.
    I remember the experienced players would barely loose,no matter the power or the role,skill only,in fact there was a small % that i never seen loose one match,its that small % that drove me to pvp,i saw the beauty,the mindgames,the pattern reading,the reaction,still hoping they will realize why there were so many players in dcuo,and i mean every single day players.... it was good PvP,not PVE.
    • Like x 1
  2. ErnieB Loyal Player

I tried PVP again, and decided to just lose every match because I can't do anything, as an HL dps i'm tired that all my combos are useles, tired that most of the people that beat me do it by spamming tap hold one handed or two handed attacks, I understand when a tank or healer beat me, it makes sense, but when a dps beats me just by spamming the same attack and I can't catch a single counter window because when I try to use my combos I get countered before even starting, that's when I realize I have no chance. All I do is enter a match and do enough that I get my reward, eventually within a year i'll have the 100 lvl gear. I'll never finish the victory feats, but I ain't missing that much without them anyway, my feats right now are in gear sets. As a Light player doing PVP is a pain as a DPS, and it's not worth it.
  3. Pults Loyal Player

The combo damage and combo counters were removed for a reason, they were out of balance compared to non-combo powers.
    HL still has amazing CC both in dps and controller role, learning to use them in your favor is one thing but ignoring it and trying to land chained combos is pure ignorance.

Regarding 1s and 2s, restoration should be capped at 1-2k, vitalization should be capped at a low value as well making support roles useless in small maps. I see no other way balancing things for smaller fights if the benchmark is 4s and 5s.
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If you are having problems being a HL DPS or Controller in Pvp, chances are you are doing it wrong.
  5. Talve Dedicated Player

HL is currently the strongest PvP DPS power.
    Block?
    When you get beaten by someone message them and ask for help. Not everyone are helpful but some will. Scrimmage the ones who want to help, learn and practice.
    And then there is always a site called youtube.

One of the worst ideas i have seen in a while.
    Why should support roles be useless in 2v2? 2v2 is alrady a team vs team situation. No reason it should be a DPS fest.
    1-2k resto would pretty much mean 60-70% decrease in healing? Even on a current patch a HL dps can drain a complete power bar of a healer using safe damage rotation only.
    • Like x 1
  6. Roguester Well-Known Player

Talve mate,healers are too op right now,specially healer+troll.
    They need to bring healing down again,when only counters mattered healers could not even heal to full hp with all power bar,then counters mattered most,immunity allowed for a healer to properly heal,not spam,and premades never ended in 0-0 ever,people did not random and were afraid to get countered.
    All im saying is that skill was very visible from 1v1 to 5v5,now i really cant tell.
  7. darkscarletx Loyal Player

I play pvp legends to get all my marks of valor and pvp gears. More fun and challenging. I`ll think about pvp arenas when I get 90cr and more.

Pvp legends is the best to learn and have fun. In pvp arenas, everything is messed up, no reason to bother with it until you are strong enough.
  8. Pults Loyal Player

There is a difference between random queue and a premade of healer+controller or healer+healer. Two dps vs controller and healer wouldn't be a fair game. Since arenas aren't balanced around 2s, some restrictions have to be made.
  9. Talve Dedicated Player

Who was talking about random queue? So far been running with dps + heal and have not dropped a single game to troll + heal, tank + heal or heal + heal.
    Could there be some restrictions? Yes. Should healers be nerfed 60-70% like you suggest? Heck no. A good dps can already strain healer's power bar quite well. It's not as bad as you make it out to be.

Only change to healing since start of season 3 is a random buff to Watcher. Healing per second is still same, power costs are still the same, you can still heal the same from full power bar as you always have.
    Difference is that previously people got killed in 1-2 seconds of burst damage so healers could never use any power to begin with while now healers can actually do their job.
    Before season 3 healing was even higher.
    • Like x 1
  10. Roguester Well-Known Player

Cant agree with u there,the dmg out possible with this power pool vs the heal out possible with the same power pool is unbalanced.
    Dont know who u have been running against,the ones i have encountered both used SC,both got countered like no tomorrow,and we either won by time,or we withered away slowly.
    U cannot say that the game was not made for 1v1 or 2v2,if so then remove the Qs.
    I just do not see why making support roles less efficient would be such a problem,if dmg out and support heal/power out would be balanced the game would have no problems from 1v1 to 5v5.
    And i wont even mention the gear,the dmg out from support roles+role benefits is stupid.
  11. Knightmare Active Player

If I may chime in here, as someone who is a PC user but also uses a game pad, as well as someone who freely admits the time away from arenas has dulled even my mediocre skills to the point where PC and PS users are trucking me regularly, I have noticed that the current state of PvP certainly lends itself to frustrating encounters with certain power sets that self heal ( I'm atomic on my main now, so I know I have little room to talk) in 1v1's and in groups that are stacking healers . That being said, it's so early into the process of overhauling the game type we definitely need to hold our water and see what the devs have cooked up next , then work with them to get it as closed to balanced as most players would like.

I've long been a fan of a pvp kiosk/ menu that could tailor every queued in PvP encounter to the combatants liking, i.e., 1v1 against only a dps , or group play where confidence buffs and other RPS mechanics were enforced....God forbid, even a mode where you could select the availability of home turf ... *shudders* . Of course with the scrapping of the UI revamp these dreams went the way of the Dodo bird.

On a side note, there is a lot of "us" versus "them" psychologists that would find all this PC versus PS hate quite fascinating...it's actually silly. There are advantages to both platforms , and more to the point KB +M over game-pad, that others have touched upon so I don't need to add to it, but Come on does every thread have to degrade into this stuff ? I have been thoroughly entertained by the level of competition now in game since our PS brethren have joined us. In the long run I hope they make me a better PvP'er, and player in general. That is, if I can get over them constantly tying me down o_O

P.S. I still say "good luck, have fun" before most all my matches; and gg afterwards, no matter how ticked I am I lost. Something I've done since my CoH days.:cool:
  12. Dibrie Committed Player

Bring healing down? or roll back some over nerfed weapon damages, and retest and re-adjust overall damage?
    If you think nerfing other support powers sets is the solution, then BDG has nothing learned over the 5 years.
  13. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

#BringRoleExclusiveGearBack

Nuff said.
    • Like x 1
  14. Dibrie Committed Player

I wish it would be that easy, if they do that they need to release some serious number crunching mathematics devs on that ***** XD.
    At that time it was already hard to balance pvp with a rps attached to it, but it's a serious idea to look at if i was dev, but lucky i ain't' for you guys :D
  15. ParsEUPS Active Player

All i ever see you do is bashing on ps... Everyday i log in to you talking complete and utter stupidness in pvp chat. For those reasons i can't take your post seriously. You and your group of players straight up refuse to admit there is any skill in 4s/5s but every one of you that has jumped into a scrim has done pretty poorly. Just because YOU can't beat certain roles in 1s/2s doesn't mean it needs nerfing which will therefore affect other game modes. If you were as good as you believe you are, you'd win the matches. Don't get me wrong it's frustrating i know, but i've picked up more wins than losses vs support roles in 1s/2s. Maybe your cheesy little shield clip just doesn't carry you vs healers ;).
  16. Knightmare Active Player

17. CassUV Well-Known Player

Agree. ill try Hard light as troll, thats my last try...
  18. Roguester Well-Known Player

The only proper premade I did with my league ended in 0-0, and we countered the daylights out of them,and please keep the hate speech in game,on the forum try to be constructive for the sake of the game.
    And no its not just shield I can play,I have been asked to scrim 1v1 by many ,,top tier'' PvP players and the score was the same,if u think I am making this up scrim me ,I will let u choose the weapon I should use.
  19. ParsEUPS Active Player

Ironic considering your original post.

Okay so you've ran 1 and got 0 kills, guessing you had a lot of shields too? That's your team not putting out enough burst and actually didn't "counter the daylights out of them" or the other team had skill in their roles and surviving. Tell me this, do you genuinely believe healing or trolling 4s&5s requires no skill?

Your idea that only 1 game mode requires skill baffles me. The skill in 4s/5s is completely different to the skill in 1s. You've came on to a server which has been weak for years, and as long as i've been playing a server which 1v1s have never had much influence over. From where i'm sitting your post isn't to help improve the game, it's to come here to try and brag. I'll tell you from now you haven't vsed any of our good 1v1ers because none of them play anymore.
  20. Contra New Player

• Like x 1