Disappointed by PvP Arena

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Roguester, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Roguester Well-Known Player

Cross-play finally here,but i`m very disappointed by the state of pvp.

It is remarkable to see what PS players and most PC players think PvP is,i actually expected competition but sadly few were to be found.
    Most of the pvp leagues from PS run only 4s or 5s PvP scrims and consider themselves top tier PvPers,
    At first we ran some arenas,started 1v1s,we met Gravity,Team Awsome,Eminence,Ifearsome etc. basically PvP Leagues,if not 1000,it was 800 at most to 0 vs all these leagues,i actually thought it was a joke,these people calling themselves PvP players and most of them if not all could barely land a counter.
    Then we started doing 2s,now things got interesting,the ,,top tier pvp leagues`` we came across were all running troll-heal combination or 2 healers,ALL THE TIME,the ones that came as dps,changed to they`re roles after the first wipe.
    Nothing changed,none of them could land a counter and got literally mopped on the floor by our constant counters,but now things were different,obviously this combination troll-heal is a Cheeky combination.
    Now we reach the problem,the healer out healed our counters,out healed our biggest combos,despite the fact we countered them constantly,they`re hp did not move,match ended on the timer,1000 to 800.
    Then i understood why these ,,pvp leagues`` only do 4s or 5s scrims,individually they were as good as a pve player,and funny enough in the scrims u can most likely find on youtube,that is exactly what u will find, pve players in arenas.
    Most i saw were healer perspective,from the start of the scrim till the very end,all u see this player doing is jumping using ranged attacks and spamming heals,and these players consider this top tier pvp.
    A special video i saw from a controller in a scrim,who only spammed brawling WM ranged attack and troll powers,this one was funnier then the others,here u see people lunging this player constantly,but this player gets up and does the same thing over and over,this controller was from Team Awsome,funny enough they win 90% of they`re scrims.
    We eventually tried a scrim,and despite us mopping the floor with our counters it ended in 0-0.
    We are now to a point in pvp were counters are literally insignificant! In a 2v2 later on we faced a healer-dps , The dps got countered 12 times !!!!!! and still killed us both with celestial without a single counter needed,all this player needed was hp and sadly any healer now is able to provide more then enough.

For those who consider PvP about teamplay,tactics,individual skill(COUNTERS),then we have a problem here, right now counters do little to no dmg and little to no effect!
    There use to be a time when counters did more dmg then any power or combo in the game,those were the golden ages of pvp,now a good healer is considered a player that jumps around and spams ranged attacks,not caring if he gets lunged.
    This type of gameplay is not only disgusting, it is also destructive to the mechanics,if counters don`t matter, it comes down to stats.

We need a change drastically, and fast!
    Either make counters do more dmg, which in my opinion is a poor change,or provide a counter buff and debuff to promote actual skill in gameplay and teamplay.

We have put together a thread that touches some great changes in pvp,we have interviewed countless skilled players and came down to these needed changes.

Please read carefully the thread and consider the effects it would bring to pvp,these changes would bring back the GOLDEN AGE of PvP : https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/the-remedy-for-pvp.261396/

• Like x 1
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Is this a suggestion to fix pvp or you showing off the size of your cyber-*****?

Anyway InB4TheLock. Cause this thread is going to blow up.
    • Like x 2
  3. MrWon Committed Player

Well this is berly the first phase to balancing PvP. The Devs said in the future they will continue to update and balance PvP, be patient and wait for the next GU.
  4. Roguester Well-Known Player

If u
    If u took the time to read it u will see that it is only for fixing PvP,u think that people spamming and not even knowing how to counter should be called PvP players? U don't need to ,they already call them self's that.
    The point here was either focus on the mechanic or just remove them and make PvP a stat and role war, that is if individual skill does not matter.
  5. Avian Dedicated Player

The PvP changes from GU 56 are just the first in the proces of "fixing" PvP. I play as an Atomic tank in PvP (choose the power for PvE because I'm mainly a PvE player) which is very powerful because it's capable of healing but when I face of against another person player who heals it always ends in a time out because the healing is too much compared to the damage we can do even if you dominate with counters.
    • Like x 2
  6. Roguester Well-Known Player

Indeed roles and most powers need revision,but still the core mechanics of the game need attention.
    Even if they fix every individual power,they need to consider broken combinations like troll-heal,seeing people win because they are a certain powerset or a combination or powersets really puts everyone off the game.
    There was a time where these combinations only shined in 4s and 5s,even there a lot of individual skill was needed and team coordination,PvP back then was ART,now u see players in scrims act like in pve raids and cannot be punished by counters as they have little to no effect.
  7. Dibrie Committed Player

Really hope the next phase pvp GU would be a base weapon damage weapon buff and back to 3 tap counter including a small buff for counter damage instead just throwing a rps system and think that would solve all problems.

They already opened a can of problems with over nerfing powers and weapon attacks.
    I also like to see rps to make a comeback, but first things first and thats is basic damage balance.

Greets
  8. Roguester Well-Known Player

Yes the 3 tap really needs to come back,it has taken a strategy
    Out of individual and team gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  9. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Till power balance u not gona c me in PVP for sure maybe if they add few feats or some new PVP content for now its not fun at all .
  10. Lights Derp Loyal Player

The biggest difference I've seen between PC and PS PVPers is the healers/trolls from PC aren't afraid to jump into the fray.

It was refreshing last night in 4s when we saw a PC healer, they'd jump in and fight, throw counters, and would only kite when low. It felt strange fighting this and a lot more active then I'm used to, but it was defiantly fun.

I was hoping to see a lot more of this, but sadly we only ran into a few PC healers.

-Teapot
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Oh I read it, the first half is you basically saying "I fought all of these people and they sucked."

Although I do agree countering lost a lot of its value and feel it needs to do a little more damage. For DPS, anyway.
  12. Spidersting Committed Player

Sometimes you just have to roll your sleeves up, pull up your big boy pants and try to carry the random pugs to victory but sadly they still can't land kills even when you have the attention of all 4 enemies. :(
    • Like x 2
  13. Roguester Well-Known Player

I know how I approached in the beginning, my intention was to avoid people saying :"well u need to counter more",nothing else ,I'm sorry if I came across too arrogant but it was to get a strong point across,WE NEED COUNTERS TO MATTER!!!
  14. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Spider Soul. Electric or maybe Sorc healer? I'm pretty sure you were one of the PC heals I ran into last night.
  15. Spidersting Committed Player

Counters do matter just not in the form of damage but in the form of surviving. The game is tuned for 4s and 5s and not for 1s and 2s, the real issue is they need to adjust stats for 1s and 2s and maybe cap some stats in those arenas so healing is not so broken that you can't land a kill.
    • Like x 1
  16. Spidersting Committed Player

Yea i am on PC, electric healer, i think i ran into you guys a few times in temple 4s, i was solo queing last night to see what i could get away with, and it wasn't much with the randoms i was paired up with lol.
    • Like x 1
  17. Lights Derp Loyal Player

Yup you were always on me, right in the middle of everything. I'm used to being the only healer right in the middle of it so it was awesome seeing another that didn't think playing "sky farie" was the way to heal.

I look forward to running into you again, and hopefully with better pugs or with a pre-made.
    • Like x 1
  18. Spidersting Committed Player

Yea i can't play like a sky fairy, makes landing counters too hard when you need them. Now if i can only finish my pvp gear i might last more then 30 secs without a troller. Probably won't see me too much with a premade but hopefully i will get some decent pugs.
  19. Roguester Well-Known Player

And that's where the problem is,counters need a buff,not just for survivability,if vs 2 healers, stopping DMG is meaningless,as they barely do any DMG ,they will slowly chip u down and outlast u,we need a balance between DMG possible and heal out, for example I was vs a healer and I countered and clipped with powers, eventually I ran out of power and the healer was 20% HP, got up and healed to full,all he did the whole fight was tap heal tap heal,my counters were useless
  20. Spidersting Committed Player

All that is really needed is a tone down on healing out in 1s and 2s and it would solve the issue instead of throwing in some extra damage that ends up messing up the balance in all arenas.
    • Like x 1