Devs: You guys broke the Lockdown raid

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by BigBabyGeezuz, Sep 24, 2014.

1. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

General Kraze teleports everywhere, there's no rhyme or reason to it. Shouldn't be a one-shot mechanic if he's going to do that. Doing the raid with experienced, geared up people and it's almost impossible. Please take a look.
    • Like x 1
  2. Delta795 New Player

Did this just start happening today? Ran it last night and did not experience this
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Just beat this raid today. Now you have to come up with something new besides having a decoy.

Get to work!
    • Like x 1
  4. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Since the patch yesterday. It's supposed to stop people from tagging him and standing in the back but now he's teleporting everywhere for no reason.
    • Like x 2
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Sounds...fun.
    • Like x 2
  6. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

It is now. It isn't a one shot either if the tank manages to throw his immunities right. At least that's how we beat it.

Maybe a second tank to assist in picking up? IMO this will challenge the most elite, as it has the OP baffled as well
    • Like x 2
  7. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Sounds like he has plenty of reason. The reason is highlighted in red. Wish they'd fix Paradox Wave in a similar way. If people would stop cheating in raids, there would be no reason to change the mechanics.

Also, people were saying the tier 6 raids were too easy. Hopefully this adds a bit more of a challenge (probably still won't be enough).
    • Like x 5
  8. Elusian Crowd Control

That's the actual mechanic and idea behind :rolleyes:

Anyway, since there wasnt any mentioning in a patch or so it can be assumed its broken and not working as intended, if it's the case (havent run Lockdown since sunday ^^).
    • Like x 1
  9. chubbychase New Player

I'll have to try it tonight.
  10. Aspar Agus Well-Known Player

How is tagging different than the tank blocking Ravager's charge, where the intended mechanic is for each player to move themselves out of the way? Or do you consider that cheating too?
    • Like x 2
  11. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Nothing wrong with blocking the charge. Blocking it by using a pillar is cheating; Spytle weighed in on that being unintended in another thread. Neither tagging nor pinning were intended in Paradox Wave. The tank is supposed to kite the Sentry, and players are supposed to roll for the Oppressor when he gives the tell for balling a player. Guess those strategies were too hard for some people. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  12. Skirmish Well-Known Player

Not that it matters anymore since in my 1 Man Ravager video I found out that the Ravager's charge doesn't do damage anymore. So even if you stood in the way all that would happen is a knockback effect with no actual harm coming to you.

They also made the Sentry vulnerable to interrupt when he spits those yellow balls. The Oppressor will still ball people who don't roll out the way but most of his attacks are very weak now anyways.
  13. BigBabyGeezuz Dedicated Player

Previously, we had someone who was the farthest away, dodging his teleports. They weren't cheating by standing up on the ledge. Now it's a random teleport and one-shot. It's not working as intended. It's just obnoxious.
  14. Mystere Well-Known Player

We experienced the same boss behaviour last night. The boss looks your direction before teleporting. It is a pretty easy tell to see and you have time to dodge roll out of the way. You can also keep moving so when he teleports you are already on the move. When people did go down we had a troller pop a shield to pick up or the healer saved shields for the teleport so that multiple people had an opportunity to pick up.

That said, I would like to know if this boss behavior is intended because if it is we will make sure when we go in that people are prepared and have the proper loadouts. If it isnt intended that is fine to but want to know when it would be changed so that we are prepared.
  15. tukuan Devoted Player

A second tank!

Heresy!!

Next you'll suggest a second healer...
    • Like x 13
  16. Bendmetal Dedicated Player

:eek:
    You dare... YOU DARE!!!
    You speak of something unspeakable. BEGONE YOU FOULMOUTHED BUFFOON!!!
    • Like x 7
  17. ObsidianChillSucks New Player

Actually you are incorrect, Both Spytle and the Dev team said that using the pillar to tank the bosses in paradox was an advanced strategy that took total group coordination to pull off efficiently. Pillar Tanking the bosses is a completely legitimate strategy and Spytle and the Dev team has never said anything negative about it.
    • Like x 1
  18. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I recommend reading the following conversation closely:

Clearly, pinning using the pillar was not intended as Spytle was not even aware players were doing so. If you have another conversation/discussion you can provide to show otherwise, I'd be very interested.
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

We had the same issue on Tuesday evening, EUPC.
    The Boss often randomly teleporter to anyone, though before we were able to predict, who he will teleport to and make a strategy out of it with positioning.

Please look into it.
    • Like x 2
  20. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

What I Don't get is, Why! the hell are they making Lockdown harder Let me tell you something ,60% of the time it takes 5 hours or far more with players quiting or kicking over and over, all the time at the start of the raid some ******* say this is so easy few mins later wipe full group 107 to 108 full ter 6 modded, we use the plan to pass lockdown but its too much BS leave it alone.
    • Like x 2