Devs Please stop entertaining nerfs on behalf of this community

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DC REBIRTH, Aug 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Anxient Loyal Player

I'm close with a few of the testers and find yalls little conspiracy theories pretty funny. If they had the devs ear so much then it would make sense that their favorite powers and roles would be on top.
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

Tell you what,

this is how they tested,

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/stop-just-stop.289714/page-6#post-4003627

those numbers they provided,,,,,,,,,,,,

are skewed and padded,

testing a rotation using weapons(clipping weapon w powers) and a weapon buff automatically falsifies the resulting numbers.
  3. The Anxient Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  4. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Ok.
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

Sure does doesn't it?

The conversation was about testing a PFTT rotation that doesn't use a weapon attack.

So testing a Hybrid rotation that does use weapons, why is a weapon buff being used not skewing the results?

There is no logical reason to use a weapon buff during testing.
  6. Dene Devoted Player

I think, before anything, they need to look at the broken stuff e.g. the reports of sorcery powers not hitting, Quantum PI issues and the like - the "nerf" calls seem to be ego driven and are not productive

THEN set the parameters - as you said. I think it would be fair to have 3 for each power, so 1 for each focus of each power
    • Like x 1
  7. The Anxient Loyal Player

If trolls give a weapon buff (they do) powers should be balanced with that in mind. If not, then hybrid/weapon focus would be destroying everything in any content that had a troll present.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dene Devoted Player

I agree but then the weapon/hybrid users would complain they were being forced to bring trolls in when they may not want to - if they wanted to be competitive

Maybe the point of the weapon buff was the recharge helps Pftt players with power and everyone else gets a weapon boost? I don't know - since pftt don't necessarily need a troller in alerts.. hmm
  9. Rufus T Fyrfly Well-Known Player

I don't know anything about any "conspiracy theory", but it must be said that everyone has at least some form of bias. It's just human nature.
    • Like x 1
  10. The Anxient Loyal Player

Exactly. Pftt still needs a troll to reach maximum potential bc power consumption and hybrid/weapons focus need it for the weapon buff. Pftt not needing a troll in alerts has nothing to do with balance between powers. It's because for some reason the troll roleless buff is overpowered.
    • Like x 1
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

Oh come on, you can do better than that.

How is a weapon buff helping a strictly PFTT rotation that doesn't use a single weapon attack?

How does using a weapon buff and clipping weapons with powers in a PFTT rotation that doesn't use weapons proper testing for that super-powered playstyle?

Anything and everything that buffs a stat shouldn't be included in testing powers period no matter what the playstyle Focus is.

Doing so is intentionally providing false results.

Which I recall was the "standard" demanded during the Tunso era from those who are now doing it to prove their results.
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

I'm one of those tanks, 200 Hybrid. I can tell you this much, from what I've seen so far people are barely blocking when red V's w/ skulls come up over certain add/boss heads and are not using mechanics and definitely not getting out of Dr. Fates blue pancake with Washington monument pillars of health draining awesomeness. This is apparently a very touchy subject for many, just remember that we need to help these people understand the new system better, arguing as I've done prior does not benefit anyone.

I've been in some great groups hands down but other times felt like some groups were not up to par. If I had to guess what would help, probably a video/tutorial on how to spec properly for the masses.
    • Like x 1
  13. DC REBIRTH Well-Known Player

Whatever. Your hopeles chase for the "balance" is nothing more than guise for a bunch of whinners who want there power to be number 1 in damage. There is no imperial standard or measure for balance and you know it. It absolutely assinine to make an argument when you have no instrument to measure balance. This why we go through this every month.

Its so easy to to cry about powers that out do another. When really we all know the person behind the power has either learned the power well and is effective with it, or they are not performing well with it or they don't know it well and are under performing.

I have have played since launch. I have over 23 characters. I have every power.

I am going to run a raid tonight with my earth toon and record it to finally shut some of you up. Other powers easily out dps the is power and it is not top or even over powered. If your being beat by it, what's wrong with perfecting your own power more.

Again, egondriven "nerf calls" are primarily ego driven hiding behind fake "Balance Calls." This is what got the game in trouble the 1st time.

Stop crying because your not that good or because someone else is better than you.

Devs, do not nerf anymore powers. Please stop catering to ego driven players. Most if not all of them are simply inexperienced or bad players

Btw...my strongest power is gadget, not earth.
  14. BumblingB I got better.

First, Tunso era is over. His method of testing was skewed and created a bigger balance issue since he still considered the underperforming "fine".

Secondly, Moja said directly:
    Which means, testing is based on comparison of what you are trying to achieve. Most players are comparing their own personal loadouts with other players in group content. In that case, a controller's buff would be necessary.
    • Like x 2
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Shhhh, let these guys parse PFtT without a troll and cry about how they can't replicate testing numbers. It's hilarious.
    • Like x 2
  16. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Crappy favorite powers are nature and electric and his dps assessment is what the devs seem to follow. In a live stream Crappy also said some powers are more "well rounded" because they had testers fighting for them. Another testers made a thread asking other testers to hold back information. The conspiracies are coming from the testers.
  17. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

• Like x 2
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

lol there's no conspiracies. What happened was players who mained a power tested theirs first and made sure it got the help it needed then moved on to other powers. So sure some powers are going to be more polished then others. We also thought we would have more time then we did cause I know there is 2 powers I would have liked to spend more time with but adjustments will just have to be made while they are on live. There was only so much we could do with the time we had and honestly everything is a lot better then some people on here are acting. Myself and others left plenty of feedback even for powers we didn't play the heck out of in hopes some changes would be made but just cause we say something doesn't mean it's going to happen cause the devs have the be hind the scenes math and sometimes feel that something is ok and if it's not future changes can be made.

All this complaining now but where were you when we were testing everything???? And your complaining about sorc dps when you aren't even playing it to the playstyle that caters to it best.
    • Like x 1
  19. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Exactly!
    • Like x 1
  20. xD25x Dedicated Player

If your getting beat regularly, as earth, in a jfa reg run you should reevaluate your life. Maybe give up video games.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.