Stat Revamp 1.7: Weapons

Discussion in 'Stats Revamp Archive' started by Fatal Star, Jun 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Celestial Powers Committed Player

2. Moja Developer

For testing WM builds against other builds, definitely use the weapon buff. For comparing against other Raid loadouts, use a Controller for the Controller buff as well. For comparing with other solo loadouts, you obviously won't need a Controller :)
  3. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I used a hybrid style clipping weapon attacks with reg weapon combos no WM and nothing higher then a 4 tap hold cause anything higher then that doesn't fly in content. You can get better numbers with some longer combos like smoke bomb but those combos don't fly in combat. A 4 tap hold is the perfect length in terns of range vs damage and usability. And no i didn't try any weapons by them selves unclipped.
    • Like x 1
  4. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Yea i was up a bit late lol, sometimes i think we should get paid for this!!
    • Like x 1
  5. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I'll let you know what i find on a weapons only playstyle in a day or so but let me talk about the melee weapon balance regarding regular weapon combos . Its actually pretty good, multiple weapons are viable and will get you to the same place number wise. Not sure if you read my earlier post from this morning but good job on melee combos. I'll be doing ranged weapons today and maybe a bit of WM testing.

I just wanted to give credit where credit was due :D
    • Like x 1
  6. Moja Developer

It's appreciated. Weapon balance is a nightmare because of clipping -_-
    • Like x 6
  7. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Ha i bet thats why i tested regular clippable combos first and was very pleased and surprised at the variety of weapons you can use for melee and how they all got me to the same place when using real rotations with each power.
    • Like x 1
  8. ChillCat Loyal Player

So? Just removing clipping....

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Here's what I've gotten from One Handed's WM, i'll probably do a whole thread with the other weapons here in a bit.
    Solar Flame: I had to space myself out a bit, because this WM combo moves your toon forward despite the fact it's a ranged DPS combo.
    [IMG]

Average DPS:

[IMG]

Also: Crappy is right, Alot of Melee Combos including the WM ones land you in the same DPS spot. Here take a look.

Stunning Swipe:
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Dual Flurry: (No Flubbing)
    [IMG]

[IMG]

The only reason Stunning Swipe Gave me more damage Overall was because I landed more critical hits in that test. But as you can see both average out roughly the same DPS per second.

Overall: It's like Crappyheals said, yall are doing a good job thus far.
  10. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

Just remember sometimes with combo length some things might look better or worse then something else till you put it all together in a rotation. Thats why did some testing alone then in actual rotations to get the real affect of things. I questioned some shorter combos but then when used inside a rotation they turned out to be ok. (i didn't do WM though)
    • Like x 1
  11. Mighty Committed Player

UrhemMeppstrinketsUrhem.
    • Like x 1
  12. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  13. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Okay.. So I redid my results one last time and I compared it to Fatal Star's 60 second Parse thread named "Overall Damage Assessments"..

So I'll cut straight to the chase. My Spec: 107 into Precision, 20/20 critical chance, 40/40 critical chance, fully modded precision, 107 SP spec'd into precision, and both range and melee Combos unlocked.
    Used Weapon Buff whenever possible.
    All League Hall Buffs Enabled.
    HT mods used: Relentless Precision(Neck) Max damage(hands) Core Strength(chest).
    Parses set for 60 seconds.

IN SHORT.. WM needs a buff. It falls below PFTT, and Hybrid destroys it completely.

Martial Arts Meteor Blast:

[IMG]
    17,321 Average DPS. To Elaborate: Rage's Ranged PFTT pulled up 32,731 DPS. Needs to be doubled to be competitive.

Melee with Martial arts sweep shot mastery:
    [IMG]

Most of the Hybrid Melee Rotations can manage up to 35 to 40k(except for combo powersets.) And speaking of.. Rage's melee can parse up 38 or 40k DPS. Melee WM DPS needs to not be doubled, but needs somewhere inbetween.

Conclusion: You didn't overbuff WM combos, they still need to be buffed if Weapons focused is to be competitive.
    • Like x 1
  14. CaptainColdJr007AKAFreeJohnson Committed Player

1. You're short on sp. You can't compare 175sp to a little over 100.
    2. Raid scenario you'd have 20% more prec so multiply your parses by 1.2 after that.
    • Like x 3
  15. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Initial impression since hotfix: some weapons are better situated for melee over others because they have 360 AoE hits such as staffs tap x3, hold x2. Shield is lack luster in the AoE department making it a bad choice in raids for adds, I feel it needs more degrees on the angle of area it can hit.

Only messed with those two and rifle so far, will try to mess with all them sometime tomorrow to get a good idea of AoE vs Damage comparison
  16. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

I think all melee weapons should have a 7 meter range not 5 that would solve some of the melee weapon aoe discrepancies. Theres really nothing you can do as in frontal cones vs 360 aoe its just in the weapon you pick.

On a side note i also think all melee only abilities should be 7 meters not some 5 and some 7.
  17. VioletSorceress Committed Player

I agree that melee weapon AoE should be set to 7m. Its annoying to miss registering damage if your target moves just slightly away.
    • Like x 1
  18. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

So i did some ranged weapon testing yesterday ( non WM combos, just reg combos) and my choice of weapon to get a good baseline of what i can do with all the powers with the same weapon was hand blasters. I did single target and 3 targets with a spec of 201cr gear, WM node in stats, 175 in prec, all crits and prec/might or straight prec gear mods depending on what power i was. I also had all league buffs, core strength, max damage and escalating might for white mods. Full prec generator mods too and 2 trolls powering me so things were consistent.

I did my baseline tests with handblasters cause its a weapon that works well with any power set. I did not test weapons for Rage,Celest, Light and Atomic cause those powers don't really work with weapons and combos are really the only way to go with them for a few reasons but i won't get into that here.

The loadouts I used were all good loadout, not saying they were the best but def not low end stuff and not just loadouts that will look good on the dummies, actual in content usable loadouts. These are all averages and span across all the powers. Some powers might be 34-36k then another might be 33-34k. I just lumped them into one range just to simplify it for this post.

So single target 16-19k ranged/mid-ranged
    3 targets 33-37k ranged/mid-ranged

Those numbers are in the area of some Pftt builds but there still are some powers that need slight damage increases but i will post my feedback for that in the individual power threads. Generally most powers play better with weapons but some are good both ways just depends on the power. If some powers were adjusted a bit we could tighten up those gaps a bit more especially in the aoe area.

So after i got my base with hand blasters i moved on to some other ranged weapon combos and honestly theres no other ranged combos worth using imo for aoe that work well except hb's and shield in terms of using them in real rotations. For single target theres a few like Ma's, staff is ok, shield and one more i just can't think of it at this time. The main issue for ranged aoe combos is there really isn't many that are aoe. Bow's arrow storm has potential but the damage just isn't there.

Overall i feel handblasters are in a good place but only if spec'ed for a precision build and thats ok with me it should be like that if you wanna run a weapons playstyle cause you can't have both great might damage and great weapon damage at the same time there needs to be a trade off. I would like to see some other ranged combos get a buff so theres more versatility but i think for ranged weapons you will be looking more at WM combos instead of regular combos. I'll prob be going over the WM combos today or in the next few days so i'll post back my feedback after those tests.

I wish i had more time to leave more detailed weapon feedback but between work and live server i do what i can :D
    • Like x 1
  19. stärnbock Devoted Player

I am all for this ^
    most weapon masteries are awkward combinations and don't fit well... I hate all ranged combos into bow for example... If you could clip away those, then that would be awesome! Also:
    It would help avoiding to have the last hits before WM weaker...
    • Like x 1
  20. L T Devoted Player

I just tested unmodded with 1 skill points spent in weapon mastery and all combos clipped with Quantum's inspiral wave. Like you I found hand blasters to be good but I found shield good also with roughly similar parses. Solar flare and scissor kick did about the same damage for me... But in a real run you'd clip SK with a stronger ability.

Staff's new combo produced decent parses, but not as good as HB or shield.

Clipping rifle taps also did pretty well. Full Auto spam was also OK. Those were the best ranged attacks I found for rifle and dual pistols-- including wm combos.

Bow was disappointing. Arrow storm wasn't horrible but was below.

The other weapons could do decent ranged damage but only using the wm combos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.