Devs honestly what is your vision for pvp?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Schnoz, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schnoz New Player

There is obviously a problem in the pvp community people aren't happy. What do you guys, the devs, think about pvp and what are you doing to change or make it better? I feel that the gamers and the devs could actually get somewhere and make the pvp part of this game fun and amazing if you gave us your vision and some ideas or some things you're already working on and we could give you some ideas on that. Instead of people just posting a bunch of angry threads.
    • Like x 2
  2. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Some people are happy, some aren't. You don't see "happy" threads because there's no point to them. "Angry" threads, however, tend to explain what's wrong and what needs to change.
    • Like x 13
  3. Master Play Committed Player

The title +1, I'd like to know this as well.
  4. Schnoz New Player

It's not all about the angry or happy im just saying it would be nice to know what they see pvp as and where they want to take it and if they'd give us an idea I think that it could go a lot further if they'd allow us to add input
  5. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Most of the problems with pvp come from the group of players they listen to on the fourms .
    • Like x 19
  6. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

;)
  7. Apexpredator2470 New Player

I would just like to see pvp get as much attention as pve does its not right pve gets everything while pvp gets nothing hardly I have even considered quiting because of this I do not fine pve enjoyable only pvp I would like to be able to see pvpers cr be as high as pvers is for one and maybe some mor pvp dlcs
    • Like x 2
  8. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Not many people pvp if they did then they would still have daily and weekly lockouts on pvp that you would have to reset with replay badges about the only pvp stuff you going to see is maybe a new set of gear twice a year if your lucky and Legends characters so people will buy the for legends pve stuff.
    • Like x 5
  9. Itazuki New Player

That is the problem.

They obviously don't have a set goal or vision for PvP, this is why they change the whole of PvP so often. And this is the exact issue...There needs to be a standard, a goal, some sort of guideline for them to work off of on how and where they plan to go with PvP in DCUO. They currently don't have that, and we get the mess we have now.. Where PvP feels like some type of beta for a game.
    • Like x 6
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They did that and people absolutely hated it and it actually drove more people away.
    • Like x 3
  11. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

They just loosed to much time on Nerf and removed everything if they had a plan it killed long time ago in the process
  12. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

The Devs need to give it to us straight, so that players will know whether they wish to invest more time here or move on to find another MMORPG environment that has the type of PvP they crave.
    • Like x 3
  13. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

This is the single greatest post I have seen in all of threads these forums contain. You are very astute.
    • Like x 3
  14. Mediocre Atbest Level 30

Absolutely spot-on!

Unfortunately one of the devs, who tends to make PvP changes, seems to think the sun shines out of certain players arses, so I wouldn't expect changes any time soon...

...Unless of course Columbus Nova sees what is going on and decides change is needed, we can hope.
    • Like x 5
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

They dont, and since the powers arent balanced yet, dont expect anything anytime soon.
    • Like x 1
  16. furrinator New Player

I feel like they've played with pvp too much take it back to how it was when it was checkmate gear or just after dlc6 (because i enjoyed using consumables.) For me pvp is a cycle something becomes op they nerf it something else becomes op. That was less of an issue back when pvp/scrims were fun. Additionally its pretty clear how the community has reacted to these changes as i dont know about other servers but pvp/scrimmages scene is dead on eups. You'd be lucky to get two scrims in one night.
  17. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

us pvpers ask that it be legend-like deal with it ...
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

I didn't. I actually wanted the HT cheese and PvE items gone. I'm fine with them adding in different types of PvP consumables and even things like HT provided they don't turn it into a pay to win mechanic.
    • Like x 2
  19. LeRassTyphon Well-Known Player

Anyway
    Anyway the OP asking but i m say there is no PVP perspective in them devellopement everything done is PVE friendly to prove that fact
    last example are all those AM they dont take count of PVP gameplaystyle
    • Like x 1
  20. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Actually Quantum's AM did. They adjusted the damage of it separately in PvP from PvE. Ironically enough Mental's is fairly well done for PvP but it sucks in PvE when you'd normally expect it the other way around.

Gadgets however isn't really PvP viable due to EMP splitting horribly.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.