Devs honestly what is your vision for pvp?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Schnoz, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Hey hey hey...I'm almost always respectful. :p
    • Like x 5
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's true, you're probably the nicest one of the bunch of us :p

I guess for the sake of being on topic, I wouldn't be opposed to adjusting the timings for certain windows such as blocking, however the .35 second delay on block breakers would need to be reduced to match. My main concern would being how it effects rolling though. Right now the window on block breakers lasts just long enough where if you roll to bait out a block breaker for you to lunge it.

In addition to that when you're breaking out from crowd control you can't do anything for a split second due to the breakout animation.

Shorten that window by too much and it'll turn into a situation where it's increasingly hard to play against anyone with high reaction times due to a lack of adequate ways to counter those players. If they adjust one of these things they need to adjust them all and I'm curious how they'd do that.
    • Like x 1
  3. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

You done opened the biggest can of worms...

It's the same song and dance every time a new season of PvP is on the horizon, if we could have some clarity on what the development team is and isn't capable of doing regarding certain mechanics, the parameters for the discussion would then be set and we all can discuss PvP within that framework.
    • Like x 1
  4. Schnoz New Player

Can you post a reply to this forum with a list of things you think need to be done and your ideas?
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

He actually did earlier on in it when he first responded.
  6. SirMuttonChops New Player

The broken crowd control system does remove a lot of skill and boil things down to whomever was able to CC the opponent out of their combos will win.

That being said, anyone who thinks these counter mechanics don't require skill, but are "cheap tactics," probably doesn't understand the definition of skill very much. Being able to bait your opponent into making themselves vulnerable is a mind-game that takes practice and patience. In any game, if you can predict a player's moves (like, in a card game understanding big combos and playing around them), or being able to force them into making a play (like a boxer forcing his opponent's guard up in order to expose another target), that's called skill.

Not a cheap tactic.

Here, try this:

http://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime

My reaction time is around 280-320, obviously the average being 300. Maybe understanding your reaction time as compared to other players a little better will give you a clearer picture as to why all the good players disagree with you about the counter mechanics.
    • Like x 7
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Lots of opinions and good information here. Lots of insults, too. We'll close this discussion now and review.

If you had more opinions on the subject, consider keeping the conversation insult free next time so you have more opportunity to express them.
    • Like x 11
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.