Work In Progress Development Update: Anniversary Event!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

A fear of CR discrimination is not a good enough reason to not produce challenging content. CR discrimination can be completely avoided by:

- Joining a good league
    - Having a good group of friends
    - Making your own groups and deciding who to bring with you
    - Improving your CR

There are no workarounds for tough, challenging content. It has to be created by the people creating the game.

Survival Mode is a good way to test our gear, but Survival Mode is also only available 4 times a year for a very short period of time. It's also somewhat stale in the fact that it never changes. Same bosses, same tactics. There's also no storyline behind it, which limits interest.

This event concept would provide an ideal way to challenge the players with story driven content, without infringing on your ability to progress. Therefore, even if you are discriminated against and don't want to use any of the previously mentioned methods to avoid that discrimination, you aren't blockaded from progression.
    • Like x 5
  2. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One says will villains and hero's be working together against the Anti-Monitor?
  3. DCUO Post Loyal Player

Will the Anti-Monitor be using his wave of antimatter and resetting everyone to level 1? :D
    Maybe goes as far as a reset to Jan 2011? :eek:
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No, not at all.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Your take is essentially the opposite of what we want to do with these events. Episodes are end-game progression, and we're working to make the elite versions of content challenging for that core audience + survival mode for in between.

This event is for everyone - fun, accessible, cool rewards, and, again, for all players.
    • Like x 8
  6. Pults Loyal Player

Okay.
    What about alts then, will they be required to grind out the low gear sets as well to reach the CR to unlock them at their full potential?
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 3
  8. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

OMFG!!!!..............Awesome, Awesome, Awesome........#MAKINGDCUOGREATAGAIN!!!
    • Like x 2
  9. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

So how is this a gift to reward you legendary players that pay monthly or yearly fees for their loyalty! Instead you are kinda spitting in our faces.
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Yeah, not to burst your little bubble there, but that's not gonna happen, lol. All they said is they're moving 3 (out of 12) powers to the test server soonTM, to see how things are going. Expect another at least 3 to 5 months before the update hits live at the earliest. That said, the idea of new content in January is very appealing, so thanks for that devs. Just please make to keep p2w gear out of the upcoming time capsule this time, and also tell people what things are rare, and what are super rare so they don't throw money in the garbage.o_O
    • Like x 2
  11. Thunderbolt Dedicated Player

I love all of this. Can't wait till January.
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This gift is for everyone who plays, celebrating the anniversary of the game.
    • Like x 4
  13. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I'm actually with the folks who are disappointed that legendary members apparently aren't getting an exclusive legendary only gift this year. It seems that the company doesn't value membership? Please let us know if you have decided that membership is not worth the trouble, so everyone can unsubscribe.
    • Like x 2
  14. Here2Help Devoted Player

Oh I know, I meant nearly being ready for some testing! :D
    • Like x 1
  15. rawlings42 Well-Known Player

Yes but do legendary members still get their exclusive gift(item,trinket,style)????? No word in your update on that. In fact your update implies that isn't happening.
  16. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Explain this logic please.
    • Like x 6
  17. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Hey T. I get it. But, GOME,.....is challenging. OLYPE is not too bad. However, GOME is being ignored by many. I think this EP did a great job of implementing mechanics. Now, I do agree that we should have content that makes us want to break our controllers lol. Yet,the 2 Elite pieces are quite nicely done.
  18. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

Breathe B.......Breathe lol.....
    • Like x 1
  19. Sivulla Dedicated Player

But can we get a character selection background screen with Anti-Monitor?
    • Like x 6
  20. bmce84 Loyal Player

so your solution is to instead of discriminating players based on their CR, you have a specific group of people to run content with, pretty much discriminating everyone for everything.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.