Development Update: Age of Justice!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilkyPawz Bunny

Ummmm not really :p:p
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Why not? Please explain...
  3. SilkyPawz Bunny

Well for 1: if you really want to be technical, you can't Queue up for it under Duo's..lol

It's not complaining if they don't like something it's their opinion, everyone is entitled to express them, could also be a personal preference of what they prefer.

I could go on an on but I know your busy quoting more people...La La La :p:p:D:rolleyes:
  4. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Nope try again, you can get 100 likes doesn't verify your logic lol, so um keep liking his post guys, I didn't say stand up to bullies I said to tell bullies to leave the poor alone, kinda like the third party freedom fighter , in no way do I apply to the same action that you started, since my posts were in defense for the sakes of people disagree and not be insulted for it.

Your weak at analogies and I need to work on them?, you cant even tell the difference from a third party defender and the actual victim/hypocrite gg lol.
  5. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Was it really necessary to be condescending at the end? Nevermind that...

I get where they're coming from...thing is that while their feedback is valid, it comes without giving consideration to a few things.

We went through a long period without ANY open world content (the last we had was in Halls of Power 2) when we entered the monthly episode era. On top of that, that period saw us having only 1 alert per 3 month cycle, while giving us 2 Duos and 2 Raids within that cycle. People begged the Devs to give up a duo or even the only solo we got just so they could try to squeeze in an extra alert for the sake of variety. Now mind you, up to that point data showed that alerts were the most popular form of group content...likely due to group size and time commitment.

Then came the end of Monthly content and a return to Large Content (meaning all content dropped at once versus smaller chunks monthly), heralded by Amazon Fury 3. In AF3 we got one alert amongst the 6 pieces of content. People gave feedback asking if it would be possible to get a second alert in a future episode, to help break the monotony of just that one alert.

They took the two biggest complaints and decided to give us 2 open world areas with daily solo missions AND 2 alerts (which means more marks and more opportunities for gear on a daily basis). So now we have people upset that we get no instanced solo and no duo.

The general feedback is fair for the most part. Thing is that some people are stuck on that point and can't seem to want try this configuration first before claiming it to be bad. It's not like all episodes will be like this from now on. Also, for whatever reason the company has decided that we will only get 6 pieces of content per episode (Elite raids don't count). In order for them to have fit that duo in they would have had to drop an open world area or a raid. Both of those options would have come with a reduction of Marks earned daily/weekly....and would have had even more complaints. Until such a time as they reverse their 6 pieces of content decision, these are the sacrifices we live with.

Something else that needs to be taken into consideration: they try to put out content for the majority of players, and with the proliferation of gear between episodes, events and time capsules, it is entirely possible for people to get an adequate set of gear to DPS in for those that play mostly/primarily support. So they can easily farm the two open world areas at their pace or team up with up to 7 others and stay in support role as opposed to struggling by themselves in an instanced solo or watching the revolving door of DPSes leaving because they refuse to "carry" a support role through a duo.

TL;DR: Consider past feedback about content structure (and what people found lacking) before complaining so harshly about what they tried to accomodate this go around.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

If you are telling a bully to stop picking on someone, you are, by definition, standing up to the bully for them. Get a grasp on the english language please.
    • Like x 1
  7. SilkyPawz Bunny

Not condescending in anyway shape or form, it was putting light on the situation with humor ! As for the rest of your post I could not be bothered reading it!
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

My bad for reading the last part that way...please accept my apologies.

As for not reading the rest, you couldn't bother with the 'Too Long Didn't Read' portion? Damn...oh well...hopefully it helps othera understand what's going on.
  9. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Your ignorance is worst than I thought, what does language and logic got to do with eachother, I'm not standing up to the bully since I wasn't bullied, I am defending the victims of the bully from third parties perspective and view, people insult players on these forums who disagree or critique the game in a non-welcomed manner, I on the other hand seek justice for both parties to be equal lol.

Justice is blind not heartless. Lol
  10. SilkyPawz Bunny

Apology Accepted :D
  11. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This is going to by my last post regarding this.

a requisite of standing up to a bully is not being bullied personally. If you are defending others from the bully by personally involving yourself with the bully, you are standing up to the bully, regardless of why. You are trying to parse things entirely too literally. Which is why you need a better grasp on the english language.

If you had it, you'd know that "the usual suspects" is an idiom, or a saying.

If you had it, you'd understand why the parable of "the boy who cried wolf" applies to this situation of the same people ALWAYS complaining.

If you had it, you'd understand that your analogy is bad, because you're not defending anybody from anybody, you're just determining what is and is not okay to complain about, which is a role you are neither suited to, nor did anybody appoint you to. What you're doing is the same thing as people complaining about complainers. you just complained about he complainers of the complainers.

That's what made your position hypocritical.

Oh, and for the record, I never complained about the serial complainers. I simply pointed out that they were here in full force.

Have a nice day and enjoy the last word you seem determined to have about this.
    • Like x 1
  12. KidSuperBoy Well-Known Player

Howdy everyone!:) I am so so excited about the upcoming "Age of Justice", DLC.:cool: I just saw the live-stream and there's a lot that peaked my interest. First I did notice the difference in the map layout, I think it's very exciting and makes for an excellent change of pace.;) Secondly, the time torn fabric looks awesome and I'm looking forward to the prospect of enhanced vendor gear with the time-torn visual highlights.:D Lastly I think it's perfect timing with Wonder Woman opening the very same day.;) Thanks a million Devs!:cool:

Main Avatar: Superboyistic 191 CR 192 SP Power Ice DPS/TANK. USPS Meta Hero.League: USPC :Justice League 3001, Future DC Legends, Leader.
    USPC: Future Kal 190CR 240 SP Ice DPS/TANK.
    Alts Include: Guardian El, Guardian Kal, Future Blurr, Kid Superboyistic, Lantern Kal, Kal Starchild, Future Superboyistic,, Clarky Kent, and Super Spaceboy, Quantum Kal, and Superboyistic.
  13. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

And the forums is a mirror of what you have described from the looks of everything.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Except that this is all false. First, those people CHOOSE to play only one role...they CAN play both but for their own personal reasons choose not to play their DPS side.

Secondly, the same people that you'd be helping in a duo you can easily help in the open world. Why is that so hard to understand??? The ONLY difference is that you're not randomly queuing into an instance...that is literally it. Oh...I think I get it now though...instead of helping them with one little throwaway duo, you're afraid you'd be stuck with the player for several solo missions. You just don't have the guts to say it. Otherwise what could possibly make this so difficult???
  15. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Lol.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Um...have you seen the many threads that have popped up about people abandoning duo partners for having the gall to queue up in their support role??? Claiming extra hardship because of this configuration is just bologna. If the Devs set things up right, it might actually be easier for them in the open world because even if they're not grouped up with someone they could still get an assistance...much like people do in Typhon's Monster Area or in Starro's Central City. If there are people running a weekly mission, they can group up with them or at the least tag along with the individuals/groups out there

Plus healers have ZERO problem running Alerts and Raids whether they have friends or leagues, and in most cases, the same goes for Tanks. Trolls might have a harder time getting into an alert in pre-made groups, but they still have the option of queuing in and taking their chances.

Look, if you're disappointed that your favorite type of instance is gone for one episode, that I can understand....even if it's not the end of DCUO. But all of these false claims of extra hardship when some people already have it bad is just people trying way too hard to make a mountain out of a molehill. It's ONE Duo that at most would have provided 1 mark and 1 piece of gear. Meanwhile these open world areas will provide more and so will that extra Duo. With all the "feedback" they're getting from people before they've even tried this episode, i'm sure they'll go back to a duo and only one alert.
  17. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So without actually knowing me you feel confident enough to call me a liar...even though whenever i'm out in open world areas I help whoever I can while running my own things...ok. Believe what you want, doesn't change the truth. Despite this community's well earned reputation for being unfriendly and unhelpful, it's not completely true that people won't help. I see it out there every day that I play.

Answer me this...what have these support only players been doing during Amazon Fury 3 and the Starro event??? Are they only running the duo??? How much time are they spending waiting for a partner that will stick around in the Duo??? Insults aside, I do get the point, you're the one who wants to go in circles claiming that somehow support players are getting a raw deal with one duo missing even though they're getting an extra alert which means more marks and more gear than a duo, plus an extra open world area which also means more marks.
  18. DAangerGrey Level 30

Lol @ This community. Toxic as ever!
    • Like x 1
  19. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Anyone that's played this game for more than a year could tell you that Trade chat has been an absolute cesspool since at least 2013 or so. I took it out of all of my tabs...and once LFG was implemented, I took off "shout" as well (since it was on its way to become the new trade chat). You can't use that as a metric for anything other than to prove how bored those morons are.

Yesterday while I was in Starro Central city, a few people shouted for help with Applied Science...I offered but no one took me up on it. So I continued with my missions. People do help each other in the game, despite the toxic idiots who infest the chats. If you wish to focus solely on the negative, that's your prerogative...but I know that I help when I can, and see others do it as well. In the meanwhile, there are TWO daily resetting alerts with at least 2 gear drops and marks, and of course two raids in the upcoming Episode. The second Alert alone will more than make up for the lack of a duo for now.

As is, all this outrage isn't going to change what's coming...the episode will be here in less than a week. If there are THAT many perturbed duo lovers/support only players, they can go to the recruiting section of the forum or just form alliances in-game...they can also join leagues. There are solutions to the immediate "issue" of no duo...but please stop pretending it's an insurmountable problem. There are MUCH bigger issues in this game than that, and again as I said before, after all of this "feedback" i'm sure we'll go back to 1 of everything and two raids that everybody loves so much.
    • Like x 2
  20. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

I get you man, but all I can say, is why are you bothering with this guy? He's not interested in hearing anything that doesn't agree with his view of things. He's enjoying his self-pity party, and you're ruining it by pointing out that his complaints are solvable by, you know, not cutting yourself off from half of the game by only playing in support roles.

Literally everytihng he's complaining about is a choice he makes not to do something, and expecting the Devs to make sure to design the game for people trying to tank and heal through open wolrd solo mision. Because you know, that's a significant amount of the game population worth spending time and resources on.:rolleyes:

You can't change this guy's mind, because he doesn't want it changed. He just wants people to agree with him so he feels like his position is the right one. Confirmation bias. That's all he's looking for.

Just like the other guy, defender of serial complainers for the sake of having something to complain about himself.

Save the energy I know you put into this game to make it a good experience for others for those who you can actually convince of something.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.