Deserter penalty for declining ninja invite

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by marqbabs, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Senshirou Committed Player

This is just going to make me play other games. I'd rather deal with the occasional death in another game than a 10min bs wait to do something in here. If this stays in PvE I will drop my sub and the same goes for a few people I know because this is, in fact, ridiculous.
    • Like x 1
  2. Rooney Well-Known Player

Having a penalty at all is absolutely ridiculous, if someone doesn't want to stay - don't force them to, I don't want them there either. This garbage NEEDS to go, if they want to leave let them leave. Simple. I don't care if it's for PVE or PVP, a deserter penalty is a TERRIBLE idea.
    • Like x 3
  3. thenewkidd New Player

The "loop hole" is already being IN the instance and inviting a friend in to it (whether they are a deserter or not) they will get in.. but other than that.

It's only been a day since the update and I feel the affects on the game...
    This penalty has ruined PUG (so far as what I have seen).
    mind you this is only for PuGs that I have seen....
    *Queue times are longer to get into games now because no one wants to "desert" if there isn't a healer.. so they are going the "premade" way... which isn't a bad thing.. it just means you now have to premake a group and those that normally "PUG" will just slowly stop queuing up.
    *PVP is still the same... people are still leaving and I'm still joining in the middle of losing matches (jury is still out to see if this gets better).
    *Devs seem to want to get rid of PuG all together and force people in leagues and rely on "friendship" than doing things solo.

These are just observations and though I do feel a bit annoyed that I cannot just Queue up for an alert because people are afraid of not getting the roles needed in them... I will just have to make due and go the Premake route so I can guarantee the roles needed in my alerts...
    Good Bye mister PUG.. you will be missed.
  4. crownclownking New Player

lol i just got a deserter penalty for not answering the queue window fast enough lol makes queuing for stuff a hassle really
  5. thenewkidd New Player

The problem is in PVP, it is not that they leave and it only affects them... so therefore who cares... but that's not the case.
    They leave.. I then come in and replace them... I might be working on a Winning streak feat and if I lose I want to lose based on MY merit and not because I just happened to get placed in a game 2 points away from a loss and then now have to start over on my winning streak.

Something needed to be done to prevent this... The Deserter penalty isn't it... personally (if I were to desert).. the 10 minute wait wouldn't stop me... however, if I start the PVP match I will finish it (win or lose)... but if I get transported in the middle of a mass invasion of our spawn area and I get knocked out as soon as I join the match... I'm leaving.. I'm not just going to respawn over and over in knockouts when I didn't even start the PVP match.
  6. Aradif New Player

"Beatings will continue until moral improves!"

I think there's been plenty of examples where the penalty is unfair, PVE or PVP. The timer adds insult to injury when you disconnect or the group is so bad leaving is appropriate.

Slightly off topic, joining a queue and being put into other players' failed or deserted matches needs to stop. There already was a disappointed or angry group of players and then you throw a not yet angry unsuspecting player into a total waste of time.

The deserter timer needs to go. Players already having time wasted by bad circumstances now have to endure 10 more minutes of punishment - all during a service we are paying for. Well, I won't be paying anymore until it is gone.

The least you could do is add 10 minutes on to the end of subscription expiration for each desert timer experience. - JK
    • Like x 1
  7. mgibson New Player

• Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Fixing these bugs is a top issue for us. Details can be found in Spytle's thread above, and we'll let you know if we need any further information.
    • Like x 1
  9. myandria Item Storage

If the game auto ignored invites when you are working in a menu or if we had an option to ignore invites (like we do for duels) then there would be no "ninja invite" issue. Why should I see an invite pop up and forced to answer it when I am working on something else, like my inventory or my loadouts, for example? I went through a similar situation.

I had just bought a new piece of gear and was in my inventory menu. I was about to select it when an invite suddenly came up for Khan and I ended up selecting by accident to join it instead of equipping my new gear. Of course, I immediately left and got the deserter penalty. If the invite had been blocked when I was working on something else, I would not have seen the invite or recieved the penalty. I did not want to join the group or the instance; it is not fair that I have to stop what I am doing just to accept or decline an invite when I do not want it at that moment. Ignore options, in my opinion, also needs to be implemented into the game.
    • Like x 1
  10. LisaLoeb New Player

Is there a way to say 'no' to a ninja invite besides ignoring them? There really needs to be a 'press _____ for no' so it goes away.
    • Like x 1
  11. Trinidad James Loyal Player

You would think we could block any or all invites. but nope. -.-''
  12. Objeckt Well-Known Player

I was putting together a group for a T5 raid, got a random instance invite from someone already in FOS 1. I ignored it, but got stuck with a 10 minute deserter penalty anyway. Not cool, group wasn't happy about having to wait 10 minutes for me to queue up.
    • Like x 3
  13. Objeckt Well-Known Player

Didn't see the other thread about this, glad its being looked into.
  14. SuperBell Loyal Player

That sounds like a problem with automatically queuing you into an instance that you didn't ask for than with the deserter penalty. Too many people queue for something then decline, or just leave because they don't like the group make up. So I"m fine with them getting a penalty.
  15. Jax Prime New Player

Truely do not understand your point. There are a lot of people who PUG and on the PS3 side, there are multiple DCs in most instances. Punishing people who have done nothing wrong to get back at a small group of deserters is rather harsh, regardless of how you try to sugarcoat it.

Also, you need to realise that people randomly invite others without asking them for permission or like everyone has pointed out, with no communication whatsoever.

GU25 & 26 are seriously horrendous.
    • Like x 1
  16. DCUO Anon New Player

Fortunatly for those affected, the QA team and Developers are not.

***UPDATE - I have the answers I need for this, thanks. No further info needed on it in this thread.

That would be incredibly unfortunate and I would love to know the circumstances. Do you mean declining a queue that popped, or simply declining an invite to a group? Or is it declining an invite to an instance already in progress? I think I have heard of the later in a thread and need to point that out to QA to repro.
  17. SuperBell Loyal Player

This is where I think people are getting confused. People are talking about "ninja invites", not part were you get asked to enter the instance. That's not the ninja invite because you already excepted to join their group, their group just happened to be in an instance in progress. I have not read anywhere that states otherwise.
  18. SuperBell Loyal Player

Yes, that suck about being DC'd. There is no perfect system. But there are a lot of people who queue and decline, or just straight up leave. That is a problem and that is the whole point of the deserter penalty. That was my point.

Yes, fortunately for them, they are looking for a fix. But also fortunate is that they aren't getting rid of deserter penalty for what it was intended for.
  19. SuperBell Loyal Player

Yes, that suck about being DC'd. There is no perfect system. But there are a lot of people who queue and decline, or just straight up leave. That is a problem and that is the whole point of the deserter penalty. That was my point.

Yes, fortunately for them, they are looking for a fix. But also fortunate is that they aren't getting rid of deserter penalty for what it was intended for.
  20. DCUO Anon New Player

Sir, I hope you find your joy again. It seems the issue at hand, are separated by player styles and content preferences. Yet for whatever style or content it be, a poor experience is an amicable emotion I can relate to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.