Deserter penalty for declining ninja invite

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by marqbabs, May 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperBell Loyal Player

Why do you except ninja invites if you don't want to do them?

It's because many people would queue up, and when the instance was ready, decline, forcing people who actually WANT to do the instance to sit around while the systems finds other people. That is what hurts people who solo queue. If you don't want to do an instance, don't queue. If you don't want the penalty, don't decline.
  2. Green Lantern New Player

You can turn them off? I'm talking about when I'm doing something and I suddenly get an invite to FOS 2.
    • Like x 2
  3. SuperBell Loyal Player

No, don't except the invite.
  4. AlwaysFumbles Well-Known Player

If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't post. Everything you said is wrong.
    You can't decline a ninja invite.

I guess you can decline it but you are stuck with a different penalty altogether. Your queues are now messed up until you time out.

The deserter fix has nothing to do with people waiting to queue into an instance and people declining to enter.
    The deserter fix really hurts people who solo queue. Yesterday 3 times I got deserter. Twice because I popped into a 4 person and 8 person instance and I was the only person. The problem is that people reopen an instance and leave leaving that instance perpetually open. I also got LSOD yesterday but it did not give me deserter.
    • Like x 5
  5. Green Lantern New Player

Oh I see what you're saying. I thought the guy said you get a penalty now for not answering at all.
  6. mgibson New Player

I get ninja invites as soon as I walk in the door. Nobody sends a tell 1st. They just send the inv. Penalize them, not me. I just logged in. I still got the penalty, though. :mad:
    • Like x 1
  7. SuperBell Loyal Player

Of course you can decline a ninja invite. I do it all the time.
    Yes, you get a deserter penalty for declining to enter an instance that you queue for because it screws with the people who want to do it.
    Nothing can be perfect. Sure, it hurts if you get a dead instance, but it help to discourage people from queuing and declining.

Sounds like you are the one that doesn't know what he's talking about.
  8. I Need powar New Player

This^. if anything this is going to kill solo queue.
    The devs on this game have no idea how to run a MMO.

No you don't decline a ninja invite, you just don't respont to it.
    if you think this will help solo queue, you are delusional.
    Maybe YOU like to be put into a empty instance and wait for the people who join to be right roles,
    but most of the people don't,you know the legendaries people? and the premiums? they pay
    for the game and to that they have to work, therefore they don't have 12 hours a day to play this game.
    • Like x 1
  9. DCUO Anon New Player

• Like x 1
  10. SuperBell Loyal Player

Lol, wow. When you get the little pop up asking if you want to join _______'s group/raid, you click NO.

Do I like entering empty instances? No, but it's rare. But I don't leave either, I start working my way forward and see who I get. And I definitely don't leave if the "right roles" aren't there. THAT was the problem, people queuing and leaving because the group wasn't balanced. AND people queuing and declining, wasting everybody's time. So, good. Don't want the penalty, don't queue, don't decline, or don't leave. That solves the problem, as this update was intended to do.
  11. I Need powar New Player

even if you click NO, you are still in queue, and can not queue for another instance and if you don't accept the invite you wil get
    the deserter penalty.

• Like x 1
  12. SuperBell Loyal Player

You didn't queue for anything. You had a group request. If getting a group request is putting you in a queue, that is something I haven't seen and is obviously a bug. Nothing to do with the validity of the new deserter system.
  13. I Need powar New Player

can be a bug yea, but if i remember correctly even after you press "No" you can still press f1 and enter it.
    and sorry i was bit rude on my earlie post, just that short time i have to play, i would like get queue'd into
    proper instance and not a empty one,and more often than not, you wil queue for lets says FoS 2, just to see
    the entire group saying "no we need healer/troller/tank", and then what? you stay there and force someone else to leave?
    best case scenario(for you), you will have to wait 5min and ask to be kicked.
    if the queue system worked this deserter penalty would not be that big of a issue.
  14. mgibson New Player

Hence my beef with this new system. When the box pops up to ask if you want to join the raid, it's asking if you want to join the que...but it also says you have __ seconds to respond. THAT is the mistake. When the box pops, you have been entered into the queing system. Your friends or whoever have entered you into the queing system. That is my theory on why I got the penalty.
    Short story-> I logged in to find I had a ninja invite to a raid. "I had 0 seconds to respond," but I managed to decline anyways. I go get my mail clean and soda up to go into whichever instance, and to my surprise, find that I have been labeled deserter and am locked out.
    • Like x 1
  15. NexGen New Player

Group invites are not what anyone is talking about.

If three people are in an instance, they can do a /voteinvite playername (or go to their friends list and choose invite to group). When in an instance, these are not normal group invites - these immediately pop up with an instance queue. The person getting invited in has zero control over this, and it can happen without any solicitation or communication. Declining this out of nowhere queue up invite to an instance in progress is leading to a deserter penalty.

You can grief people all day with this now, and no one had the foresight to think of this in advance. You can literally lock someone down and prohibit them from queuing into anything all day long. Smooth.
  16. NexGen New Player

Yup. They queued you up without your permission or choice, but you are the deserter. Bad mgibson, bad! Enjoy your punishment for logging in.
    • Like x 1
  17. NexGen New Player

If you get ninja invited to an instance already in progress (this begins the queue process without your permission or any action on the player's part) and decline, not even entering the instance and not even being queued for anything, you receive a deserter penalty of 10 minutes.

If I am farming bits while waiting for my league or a friend, get a ninja invite to anything but say no, I am now stuck for 10 minutes and have done no actions to incur this penalty.

Steps to recreate: get ninja invited to something because you're awesome; say no because you don't know them. Enjoy your 10 minute break.
    • Like x 1
  18. thenewkidd New Player

We are finding more and more problems with this penalty for PVE...
    If I get called up for "Healer" (when I didn't even choose that as one of my roles)... I'm going to be penalized..

If I go into an instance that NEEDS a healer... I'm going to be penalized for leaving... or I have to wait 5 minutes and ask to be kicked... :rolleyes: (or someone else is going to get penalized for DOING WHAT IS BEST for the team).

If I disconnect because DC Universe decides to live up to it's name and not let me into the instance and just "forever load screen" or simply disconnect.... I get penalized.

There should not be a penalty at all for the PVE side... there is no reason to leave if you have each role in the instance...
    but a 4 dps instance in T3 or higher is very much a lost cause and your DC's buffer isn't going to help one bit, but it will penalize you for leaving...

This should be for PVP ONLY.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kal~el Committed Player

It is very unfortunate that a few bad apples spoil it for everyone else. Then to top it off, those who have the ability to fix and/or prevent it from happening make a knee jerk decision (usually a poor one at that) without thinking it through.

Why did they not just make it a loss in PvP when they leave? Just like if you play chess online and you resign from the game your score goes down.

All they needed to do was penalize the one who left and give credit to the one who stayed.
    • Like x 1
  20. mgibson New Player

Well, on the brighter side, at least penalizing me will add more to our cause. How long do you think it will take for friends to jump on and complain that they can't have a player, because that player is a deserter?
    BTW, heard a possible loophole on how to get around this. I just don't know whether to put it out in the open for fear that the devs will put a stop to it...so...fellow deserters, try to find a loophole. Supposedly there is one.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.