Dear Jack Emmert - You Answered my Question, Here's my Response "Perception".

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BumblingB I got better.

If they removed the feats from future ones and just these 3 has them it would be fine.

I also don't care if they rolled my feats back, but as proxy said, there would be outrage.
    • Like x 4
  2. Nodens Dedicated Player

EXACTLY.
    • Like x 1
  3. Nodens Dedicated Player

Sounds like a good idea to me, but I wasn't in it for the feats. They would have been nice frosting on the cake, but to be honest, I really, REALLY wanted that phoenix aura.
    Look what happened, though. After we all made this public outcry informing the devs of how F'ING stupid they were for making the Cosmic material only available by spending a lot of money on a lousy RNG lottery, they went and did the same thing, with even smaller odds of getting the Phoenix material.
    I didn't mind spending money on this game when I was actually getting something out of it, but these F'ers have turned the game into nothing more than a crapshoot, and loaded the dice. Screw them.
    • Like x 4
  4. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

How are you guys going to feel when they release the styles and materials on the marketplace (only when sales on the tcs drop and not before of course) and everyone can get the feat with a simple click? Then the devs will inevitably act like they did us a favor by placing it on the mp and the usual brown nosers will sing their praises in the streets not seeing what really happened, being that this was the plan all along. Suckers.
  5. King Smoker Well-Known Player

For me the best idea that the devs had was t4.You had 78 gear from the vendor four styles to choose from. Along with the norsemen gear from the raids which was 79 slightly higher but not a significant difference. They have made some changes in the right direction at least in gear wise. I would still rather they lower the cost of gear in the vendors. if they wanted content to last longer they could have made the dps and support style different thus making people get both for a feat. i do understand the unbalanced stats jump they had in every tier but what i was referring to was that being t6 and going back to t2 content and trying to solo a raid and you'd get killed by an adds was a terrible move buy the devs. i was glad when they adjusted it. i think its a big issue content wise when you are max geared from the tier before and are beating the new tier's raid in 15mins ex: Olympus.

yeah i was bummed out too when they previewed the new UI just to put that on hold. As for the auras they have put two aura boxes up in the marketplace as a poor attempt but they know that they can make much more making it rng than guarantee. im all for adding more cosmetics to the marketplace. as for bring back items that were said to be exclusive would not be fair to the people that got them knowing they had to get it now or it would be gone. i would really like to have the the hoody and 2 face and batman head style and feat from back from the hack or the og batman from the dcuo disc along with the other exclusive preorder goodies people. you just have to look at it from their point of view. you can't always have it your way in life.

At this point in time the only thing that rng is a really a big factor is in cosmetic items. booster bundles don't effect the game itself. time capsule are the thin line between being "pay to win-ish" just because they have feats tied in to cosmetic items. without the feats the time capsule items would plummet in value thus making more accessible to players in the broker. A suggestion i could see as a middle ground would be making the time capsule loot table just like the lockbox table giving you an option of: a tactical mod, provision box with the chance of getting a rare collection, new style box, or emblem box. So you would choose one of them and you would still get your regular collections. Or make it so 1 in 10 boxes gives you something rare so you at least know if you open ten you are eventually going to get something soon. i can promise you this they are not going to get rid of tcs and booster bundles they make dc too much money to just let these things go. the reason they sell so many is because people want those easy skill points. remove the feats and watch how many people start buying them. i love auras and materials i usually buy most of the booster bundles with in game cash. making money isn't easy as it once was due to the disgusting amount of bytes you get in the tcs. but their are many ways to still make money in like selling old collections etcs. thanagarian war plaque or superboy plaque rubbing. selling complex mats. selling seasonal base items, lockbox styles or auras.
  6. King Smoker Well-Known Player

id be cool if they release the style in the marketplace but not the feats.
  7. King Smoker Well-Known Player

id be willing to lose those feats under two conditions 1) no more feats that involve paying money to complete 2) make those styles exclusive to the original boxes. example all the future crusader and qwar and amazonian time capsules still have the ability to drop all those style but when those tcs return the the style would be different kinda like tcs 2.0

this way ppl that didnt get the feat are on equal footing again. and the people that lost the feat are feeling to cheated since the only reason they spent money was for the skill points on the style.

out of all the style thus far i only like the future crusader.

no matter how they would handle it people will still be unhappy
  8. randomkeyhits Dedicated Player

Interesting thread!

Been watching Neverwinter look over at DCUO and see that here we pay to run each instance (RB) and then see them say "We'll have some of that" with the dungeon key changes and the backlash from players because they already pay for TC keys and fund the game from a rather well appointed market place.

Then I watch DCUO look over at Neverwinter and see how players drop cash for TC keys and then see them say "We'll have some of that" and end up adding pay for progression to SP and also show up, at least what players consider it to be, stupid levels of RNG.

For myself I think players can only accept so much wallet gouging and need various aspects of the game to at least seem to offer them downtime on the $$$ outflow. Both games seem hell-bent on reducing the downtimes to the detriment of both.

Sad times that leave me distrustful of both Dev teams.
  9. Menelaos Dedicated Player

Proxy, that OP was brilliant.
    Likely the best post I have ever read online to be honest.

Regards,
    M
    • Like x 1
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This answer was in response to a specific question about 2018. Our license extends well beyond that.
    • Like x 3
  11. SheerFaith Committed Player

Somehow those Time Capsuls are...I dont know...but everytime opening one is like a punch in the Face.
    • Like x 1
  12. Revafall Well-Known Player

Mepps why did the Q&A livestream playback get removed on twitch?
  13. cassi Well-Known Player

He said it. I heard him as well as my husband. He said I like P2W ....plain as day rewatch it....
  14. cassi Well-Known Player

STO is Star Trek online. It was a fantastic game until Jack started his heavy P2W tactics there. Jack came from STO to DCUO. He implemented TC's in STO and it killed the game....STO is but a shell of what it use to be...DCUO is getting the same treatment as STO did under Jack's influence. TC's over there are just as rare to drop items as here. You can buy hundreds over there without ever getting 1 item. And the market over there is blown as well. TC's came with Jack.
    • Like x 1
  15. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Ever play COH? same stuff there...
  16. light FX Steadfast Player

Like i said, im not saying u were lying. Just said i didnt hear it. I could of missed it. And no1 can rewatch it. The video is not in the archive on dcuos twitch and not on yt either. Hmmm ;)
  17. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

thanks.
  18. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Where is the recent Q&A video.. im trying to watch it via twitch and youtube. I cannot find it anywhere.. anyone?
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

That's jack Emmet. Mepps sounded like they learned from our outrage. He said they had variants they were discussing putting in thenmarketnplace and if memory serves me we then saw the aura packs appear. Maybe that parts off but I remeber thinking after the uproar it sounds like they finally learned the lesson

Lol nope
  20. Harlequin Devoted Player

I'm guessing they reviewed the video and were suddenly like
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.