Dear Devs and Jackster

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheDarknessWithin, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I think this is the best option. Since they are giving us all that so we can make our own lanterns without being stuck to the standard uniforms ,i.e, "have to wear X to use the emblem", for instance, having the mist auras be exclusive of some clothes would be counter-productive and we'd fall into the same problem back again.

I'm guessing the mist auras will be a material to apply to clothes so we can make our own custom lantern uniforms.
  2. MAXILIANO Loyal Player

I will give a consumable for guessing what I want so much to this game ...:D
  3. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I'm someone who has merged over to Neverwinter as well. It's sad to say that Neverwinter has shown to provide more in a matter of a week than DCUO has in over it's course of 5 1/2 years. And all of it's content including every upcoming DLC is free. Why are we paying so much to play DCUO again if an MMO like Neverwinter provides more for FREE? If only Jackster can revamp DCUO to be on the same scale of open world and queue instance content as Neverwinter. Welp, we'll see in 2017 won't we?
  4. Wallachia Devoted Player

Medical Cross Emblem?

No, wait, that's me.
    • Like x 1
  5. BigAl Devoted Player

You said hollow weenie.:p
  6. megamanzero Loyal Player

what has he done
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

Solar was a big fan of City of Heroes and Champions Online from what I can gather, and apparently Jack "ruined" those two games. I think that's what he is referring to.

Personally I only played CoH for about 4 months many many years ago and I have no idea if Jack even worked on it at that time. I will judge Jack by what he does here and now, not by what he has done in the past, and so far everything I've seen him do or have a hand in has been positive. Well, apart from the Ultimate Soders, but I think the devs got the idea with the frosty reception those got.
    • Like x 1
  8. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Does Neverwinter allow you to create a superhero character and interact with DC Universe icons like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman? THAT's why some of us are playing this and not some other MMO.
    • Like x 2
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That explains the Time Capsules.

I got some of them boxes in NW...... and though that DCUO took inspiration from that.

Did not realise that Jackster was literally the guy who was behind them boxes in NW.

In NW..... I got about 10 boxes in just a few hours.

So that would mean spending about $12 every few hours to open them boxes in NW.

Let's hope the price will not be as steep in DCUO for them Capsules. :eek:
  10. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

You can say that, but apparently THAT's not enough to keep everyone around. What do you suggest they do to fix that? Maybe, taking a few notes from Neverwinter would be a good thing for starters.
  11. RealTegan Dedicated Player

You asked why we aren't playing Neverwinter instead. I answered.
    • Like x 1
  12. RealTegan Dedicated Player

That was the point I was trying to make. The question was why anyone would play DCUO when Neverwinter was so much better... I gave my reasons. I have no issue with Neverwinter, but I can't play a superhero in the DCU in it, so I also have no interest in it.

And I absolutely agree with both of you that there are things DCUO could learn from other MMOs, but, like you say, in many ways the devs hands are tied behind their backs. Any time you are working with licensed characters, there are hoops on top of hoops to jump through just to get basic things approved.
    • Like x 1
  13. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

No, I asked why are we paying so much to play DCUO as it offers far less than a free to play MMO such as Neverwinter. Along with that, I insisted that DCUO should make some major changes if those DEVS want ALL of us to continue doing so.
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No. This will make the ones I have and trying to sell not worth as much, lol.
  15. tinoman Dedicated Player

I contemplated playing that as well since one of my leaguemates has left this game for that one and does not plan to renew membership till next year.
  16. Backseid Devoted Player

Ohhhhh. I didn't know there was another game involved.