Dead End for Solo and Duo Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Legion_of_One, Feb 3, 2015.

1. OceanicKnight New Player

My son and I are (almost) in the exact same situation. We're both Legendary because we love being able to create our own heroes and fight classic villains. I recently saw a video of Sptyl saying that this wouldn't happen; that the game would not be devoted to groups, but that's not how it feels. If there really is a cap that we won't be able to (reasonably) overcome, then we'll both be spending less on DCUO.

A few months ago, I posted a suggestion that would allow a solo or duo to play through raids and such (fill in the slots with NPC heroes or villains), and was shot down like I was spitting in a church. It's sad.
    • Like x 2
  2. inferno Loyal Player

@legion - technically if you get all 92 gear modded with 6 experts it should be enough to get you to 106. designed that way so you dont need to buy every dlc except the primary when a new tier is launched. But i know the cr calculator doesnt say youll make it but its supposed to.
  3. ChuckLess New Player

Try right clicking on the "reply". Then choose open in new tab/window. That's what I have to do at work for some reason. ;)
  4. Derio 15000 Post Club

No, all while going from lvl 1-30 there are several alerts to do that help you level up. So from 1-30 is completely optional to do solo content and only solo content.

However I have to agree with the statement earlier, with the way the community is now, and how many bad endgame players have infiltrated LFG now, group play is more frustrating. There needs to be a better party finder for people who dont have leagues.
    • Like x 1
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Unfortunately with how people in this game seem VERY hesitant to actually talk to one another in-game, finding a league can be "easier said than done."

Over the years I've lost count of the number of times I've had group and/or league invitations spammed at me. Rather irritating before we could ignore them, too, considering an invite would immediately stop you in the middle of combat (which is when all the invites I got seemed to happen lol). And the vast majority of them came with no comments, no questions, not even a tell from the person sending the invite.

Even though I've been playing since a month or so after launch, I still only need one hand to count the number of times someone has actually talked to me before offering membership in a league. Maybe by the end of the year I'll finally need two hands to count the invites that come with someone talking to me, but I'm not going to hold my breath on that. :D
    • Like x 2
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Try initiating conversation yourself. Possibly with voice.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Not always easy if you aren't that socially inclined in the first place. But in regards to the blind inviters?

As petty as this may sound, if they aren't willing to even try talking to me in the first place, why should I be particularly inclined to talk to them?

Even with the "ignore invites" option in place, the out-of-the-blue invites are, to me, the equivalent of trying to talk to someone by constantly nudging them while whispering, "Psst.

Hey. (nudge)

Hey. (nudge)

Hey. (nudge)

Hey, dude. (nudge)

Hey. (nudge)

Dude. (poke)

Hey. (nudge)

Hey. (nudge)

Hey."

:rolleyes:

It's kinda rude and disruptive, especially the disruptive aspect before the ignore option came into being.

If I get sent a tell while I'm not busy, I'll reply. If I get sent a tell while in combat or busy with something else, I'll wait until I'm done and reply, usually starting with an apology for not replying immediately. I may not be the most social person out there, but I'm far from anti-social and will respond in kind if someone talks to me.

But if someone's going to just spam invites without saying a word? I'll have no problem with not responding.
    • Like x 3
  8. thedemonocus Loyal Player

also if you don't do all the content you miss out on a lot of feats
  9. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not the blind inviters. I agree that people shouldn't do that unless, perhaps, they're best friends of yours.

I'm saying that in general, you might try to put together groups by, you know, asking people. Or joining because your role is being asked for in LFG. It's really not hard. It's what, you know, people do in an MMORG.

As I said, send me a tell on US PC and if I'm not in the middle of something, I'll be happy to run some alerts with you and find the other two (or one if your friend comes) people to fill us out.

Lots of people would. All you have to do is ask. "LF dps & troll for Alert X": not that complicated. I'm sure you're up to it. Even if you're shy.

Also, there are always plenty of leagues recruiting. There's a whole forum devoted to it. (Granted, many are crappy, and you have to go through a few to find people you're really compatible with.) Maybe give one or two or three a try?

[EDIT: Sorry, I realize I've been conflating two players, the OP, and willflynne, so please disregard any part of this that is inapplicable.)
  10. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Yeah, I was kinda wondering why there were offers of assistance in your reply when I didn't remember asking for any. LOL No worries there, probably didn't help that my reply was to a post you made to the OP. :)