Dead End for Solo and Duo Players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Legion_of_One, Feb 3, 2015.

1. BigAl Devoted Player

I highly recommend making at least 2 more friends...then you can run alerts.

(I suppose you can take the "friends" part anyway you like.)
    • Like x 1
  2. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Maybe they can give you a consumable that makes you CR 111.
    • Like x 1
  3. MetalMario Loyal Player

The amazon fury dlc can get you to cr 106 if you mod with plans that drop in it.
  4. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

3 MOF a day?

You can run the solo Iconic for possibly 2-3 more. Than you can run the duo and that can nettle you another 2-4 for each duo.

How are you limited to 3 MOF a day? Are you seriously not playing all the content. I mean that DLC was based on 100% small groups. 100%. The alert isn't hard and can easily be managed by the two of you if you get your 92 gear. The 92 gear will get your CR up to 106 which is required to hit WotL II and from there you can get your CR up to 111.

The AFII DLC even has solo content. So there is that to look forward to as well.

It is not the game but that is limiting your ability to expand beyond where you are at.
    • Like x 3
  5. UltraVillain Committed Player

I engage and have engaged in minimal group content throughout my life in game.....Its not unreasonable to accept that progress is therefore slower than for those that do solo and group content routinely and I have not found any great obstacle in progressing save the short interval of HOP1 (which delivered no solo content).
  6. ChuckLess New Player

That number is completely inaccurate and was taken out of context.
    • Like x 1
  7. RSL New Player

just to be clear... the 'problem' with DCUO is that you can't get the maximum CR when you personally refuse to run at least 50% of the content?
    • Like x 1
  8. ChuckLess New Player

I've been barking about this small/large group content crap since it started.

I was told, by a Dev, that I simply don't have to play those DLC's. They obviously don't care, at all, if we play or not.

And it's not that I don't play 4-8 man content at all. It's not having anything to do while I'm waiting for people to log in and or at odd hours. People log in, don't have enough friends/league members on, then end up logging off.

Not everyone has a huge league and we all know how the PUG life is (especially with new content).

HoP was a complete dead zone for many people. These guys just don't seem to get it.

HoP was not well received by the forumites at all. Even the hard core "raiders" were bored very fast and loved and praised WotL2. The last DLC structure was the happiest I've seen the playerbase in a long time. So what do they do? Make another 4-8 man only DLC. Yeah, they threw a solo in last minute (so maybe they are finally listening) but I'm afraid this will be another 3 months+ of dead gametime.
    • Like x 3
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

The have 2 different types of Content Packages for their DLC, Small Group and Large Group. This DLC is a Large Group, hence ALL the Raids and Ops. MMOs are about Group play, I like Solos and Duos too but its still a Massive Multiplayer game. If you meet a wall then you just gotta a find a way to climb it. Im right now stuck at CR104 and its not stopping me to get into that new content! its a hurdle, now jump over it.
    • Like x 2
  10. ChuckLess New Player

Well you sure can for most of the game.
    • Like x 2
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

For the record, as I'm sure it has been pointed out, you can get to CR106 comfortably by getting all of the level 92 pieces from the vendor and modding them with Mk 6 mods. 106 was the maximum CR when DLC10 was the newest DLC pack.

---------------------------------------------------

With regards to the game's direction and the whole small group/large group nonsense, I think it's time we moved on from that.

Symbols changed the game and you can no longer run whatever content you want to get all your marks. You have to run at least half of your content from the DLC which introduced the set of gear you wish to buy. Large Group/Small group DLCs worked when there was only 1 currency but now it doesn't work and it's time to move on from that.

Each DLC should contain a balanced array of content appealing to every player. Every DLC should contain at least 1 Solo, 1 Duo, 1 Alert and 1 Raid. By all means keep the spirit of Large Group/Small group alive by having certain DLCs, which would be considered "large group", feature 2 raids or DLCs, which would be considered "small group" have a couple of Duos.

Ultimately though, they need to focus on releasing a balanced amount of content. Especially now as they've created tech which allows them to produce elite raids.

T6 has been a success in my opinion. The sheer volume of content is unbelievable. Especially when you compare it to T4. Hopefully going forward with T7, they can iron out the creases that remain and make a start on that goal by releasing a fair, balanced selection of content in every DLC so there's something for everyone to enjoy.
    • Like x 4
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

there is plenty of solo and duo content in this game to be played and tons of 4 man content so easy enough to get a small group together..
    secondly this is a (MMORPG)
    Massively multiplayer online role-playing game

that's the game if your not comfortable playing with groups there are plenty of co-op games out there I suggest you try to find one of those.
  13. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The devs have mentioned that you don't have to play every DLC to advance. If you stick with just the small content items, you can still move from tier to tier. Naturally, it will be slower and it will involve crafting and farming since you're not getting raid drops. As I only have time to have one toon at the top DLC now, I put this to the test with one of my others. I pretty much went from AF1 to WOL2, skipping (for the most part) HoP1. What I ended up with was full 92 gear for both roles modded with VI regular. This inched me into 106. I also have another toon that's partially modded with 92 and she is sitting at 104. Also, by taking the solo route, when you get over the hump, your equipped CR might be a little lower. So it's just a bit more work to get yourself even, but doable. Just keep at it and craft some mods.
    • Like x 1
  14. Derio 15000 Post Club

This is an MMO, join the make a friend foundation. Get a league, or get some friends, run some raids and alerts. This game is made around 4 man content, not duos, not solos, not raids, but alerts.

I see where you are coming from, but at the same time this thread looks like a lonely cry for help. And the devs cannot help you find friends.
  15. ChuckLess New Player

That only means there are other people playing the same game at the same time. It in NO WAY means group play only.

Getting really sick of people that don't get that, and or, use that terminology to mean something it doesn't.

It's one thing to have a lot of group content at end game. It's another to have ONLY group content released.

I've never played any other MMO that purposely excludes solo content.

If you want to keep players in the game as much as possible (which is the goal of any MMO style game) then not having "side content", available at all times, is pretty dumb.
    • Like x 12
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

im not downing duos and solos I love them also I just was pointing out that this is a community based game and the people who only play it for solo content there are many many better suited games that they can play and not feel restricted
    • Like x 1
  17. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Have to agree with ChuckLess here. Just because it's an MMO doesn't mean you need to play with people all the time in order to enjoy it.

Planetside 2 is a Massively Multiplayer Online game yet grouping up with people is entirely optional and doesn't in any way degrade the quality of the game.

There are many reasons that people may not wish to group up with other people or why content isn't viable for them.

Some people just don't "**** at the same time".

"Hey guys, can we run some DLC13 stuff?"
    "Oh hey Tori, sorry we've already run everything and we don't want to replay"
    "Oh okay, well that's me done, see you tomorrow maybe".

Bottom line is they shouldn't just cater to group content.
    • Like x 7
  18. ChuckLess New Player

There are not many people that ONLY 100% play solo.

My issue is having nothing to do other than 4-8 man content. Not even the "hardcore raid lovers" like that. There has to be downtime/casual content for various reasons.

That is essential to keeping people in game and spending money.
    • Like x 5
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

they did give us a solo content with this DLC and its like the old style of solo also were you have to go through several different places to complete it.. and to top that off you get to pick a piece not (random drop) of 98 gear at the end.. so the DEV's gave the solo only and group players a way to get geared enough to run the raids just by running that. so the OP's comments aren't warranted at all he has what he needs to get geared enough to play end game and something to do by his self.. granted not a ton to do by his self but it does exists.
    I personally think the devs did great by these types of players with this DLC
    • Like x 1
  20. Ankh_Legacy Devoted Player

Ok so tell me what word here exactly defines as "you must play in groups".

Massively - Large or imposing, as in quantity, scope, degree, intensity or scale.
    Multiplayer - Denoting or relating to a video game for or involving several players.
    Online - Connected to a central computer or to a computer network.
    Roleplaying - To act out the role of.
    Game - An activity providing entertainment or amusement; a pastime.

This is not really directed at you per-say but you did put it in big bold letters denoting an attitude that I run across far to much and really bugs me.

I see you wrote another response while I have been writing this and I'll add that community is a thing about being communal. This does not mean playing in groups but being able to communicating with one another.

Playing in groups is only one part of MMOs not the whole thing. I do understand how this can be missed sense the idea of MMOs came from people wanting to play with and against their friends more completely than the old 2 player modes of arcade games.
    • Like x 6