DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. rimvader Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  2. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

lol people think Augments are good, just wait until you see the elements of it monetized.
    Folks never learn.
    • Like x 5
  3. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Interested in the Augments system.
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

if that happens then ill get what i can for free...like so many stabilizers per run...and if i cant take it farther i wont...so done with the money money money...and the exclusive crap YOULL ...NEVER...GET...as it keeps piling up...very done opening flashy packaging AND NOT GETTING WHAT I WANT!!!!!
    • Like x 4
  5. RealTegan Dedicated Player

Teen Titans - hrm, no mention of Aqualad in any form. Bleh.

Augments - Why do I feel like we're about to get hit with something we have to purchase to advance our characters? Please tell me this isn't the case, and maybe I'll be less annoyed about this. But at the moment I'm looking at the fact that Seals of Protection cannot be earned in-game and thinking this is just another way to squeeze a few more pennies out of the players.
    • Like x 1
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

How will this impact the total recovery kits I have purchased?
    • Like x 2
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Oh, got another question:

Will you be doing like you did with the stats matter and give us augments based on the level of mod we have? Like if we have goons, it would be an augment that is automatically at T8 level?
    • Like x 1
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Will the existing equipment mods we have be convertible to an equivalent level augment? Will the augments be "dual role" such that we can make an augment that's the equivalent of the DPS mod + Role mod we might use? For example, in my tank's waist I put Dominance & Health... but on the DPS side, it's Might. Are we going to have to level separate augments or can we get a common one that allows us to just build up multiple stats at the same time?

Yeah, lots of questions that can stem from this... because a lot of us have spent time and effort to build up top level equipment mods for both roles.
    • Like x 1
  9. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Sooo Many Questions And All We Get to do is Wait....and Hope
    Id like to know what is gonna happen with our White Base/Tactical Mods.
    Also How will this effect our Generator Mods?
    • Like x 3
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I believe that may have been answered in:
    Legacy R&D items I believe are the red, blue, or yellow mods in those slots unless I misunderstood what that means.
  11. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

What about the feats for r&d?
  12. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Answered on the first page:

• Like x 1
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Yummmm....
    • Like x 2
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Lots of good questions here that we don't have answers we're ready to share yet. Keep them coming, though, so that we can consider and answer them down the road.
    • Like x 9
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Just as long as we don't get Starfire's outfit as a male style... :eek:
  16. Magnificent Loyal Player

The Judas Contract wasn't just one of (to me, THE) greatest Titans story ever told, nor was it just one of the best in the DC Universe, it was one of the best period. I remember reading them as they were hitting the spinning racks and was completely blown away! I'm very excited to see the game's take on this definitive story.

Augments... I'm a big fan of customization so this sounds like a great idea, but why not have both?
  17. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They will probably count towards progressing your augments to a high level or something.
    • Like x 2
  18. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I see people being skeptical about Augments, well right now, from my point of view, R&D is a mess idga* about so consider my arms wide open for that new feature, the last time I enjoyed crafting mods was before we get individual loot, plans were rare, you needed just few exobytes and materials though their prices on broker were interesting enough to play with it, things were much simplier.
    • Like x 2
  19. StealthBlue Loyal Player

I think the point of augments replacing mods, is so you don't have to choose between the new great drop or the stats from the mod. Or have to keep moving the mod from piece to piece as you work your way through an episode.

If we had both, that would be more stats overall, and they're would be a bigger gap between those participating in all systems (gear mods, tacktical mods, generator mods, artifacts, augments, league buffs) and those only using a few or none. Just look at all those systems, some are fairly complicated. New players have a lot to research to figure out what each does, and how to get them.

I'm glad gear mods are going away, and I hope generator mods follow. It was bad for broke that play both roles to make great money for both roles, but it was worse with generator mods. You have to pick which role to set up the generator for, then your other role doesn't have the best stats.
    • Like x 1
  20. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Mepps post clearly states this is a replacement for R&D gear mods. Nowhere is Generator OR Tactial (White) Mods mentioned. There are lots of questions...those two things should not be involved as of today (if they announce something different down the road, then we'll know).