DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Shark Dental Devoted Player

They're going to Starro-Endoskeleton them.

Anyone want one, btw? I have like 8 collector's edition Starro Endoskeletons for sale. You can display them proudly in your bank and remember the good times.
    • Like x 2
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You will not lose stats transitioning to Augments.
    • Like x 9
  3. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

Leftover breakfast tacos at 3pm because I worked through lunch.
    • Like x 15
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

He didn't say that exobytes would be the only way to augment however. I would be careful reading too much into the tiny amount of information we have so far. He just said it would be "A" way to do so. The announcement specifically mentioned gameplay, however, so I'm thinking it's more likely we'll get items as drops or boss loot in instances, though people who want to farm exobits will get some benefit from it as well.

It'll be interesting to see how things play out. I have no problem if they want us to level them like artifacts, as long as there IS NO BREAKTHROUGH component. Otherwise they're just monetizing yet another game system and replacing one that used no RL currency.
    • Like x 5
  5. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

We need a feat revamp. Instead of kill x, it should be things like "Defeat boss only after doing x"

Or "Dont touch this console until enemy has done x 3 times"

Or "complete this boss fight without getting hit by x move"

Things a long those lines or similar. Things that make a group have to pay attention, display patience or actually do more than just kill.
    • Like x 1
  6. Plowed In Loyal Player

“Pic/Vid or it didn’t happen!!” :)

Happy Friday!
    • Like x 1
  7. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i just hope plans still drop as rewards. i make some nice pocket change off those, one of the few things left which can be reliably exchanged for cash.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Hi Mepps,

I appreciate you're keeping stuff under wraps for a little while, but when you're able to answer these questions more specifically that would be great:-

• can you provide more details as to what you mean by transition? are the existing mods exchanged for something? slotted in to something? consumed like you do when consuming an artifact to level another etc?
    • What happens to people that might be stockpiling extraction kits i.e. New Justice extract, special forces etc? These costs marks of victory will there be a refund or exchange of some nature?
    • Do the mods have to be extracted first to be able to used to this "transition process or will this "transition" be possible without removal of the mod?
    • What's the deal with exceptional and total recovery kits? are they now going to be useless, what's the deal with them, even more so with total recovery kits, because we paid real money for those?
    Naturally the answers might lead to additional questions, but any additional clarity as soon as possible would be great, the reason I say as soon as possible is because people are still creating mods and if that's all going to change come August, there is no safety in continuing to create mods in game with this level of uncertainty and then that has an overall direct impact on the game for the next 2 months.
    • Like x 6
  9. EconoKnight XIII Legion

We should at least still get the consumable plans.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sooo you create a thread to discuss the announcement...when there's already thread made...to discuss the announcement....... #forumlogic
    • Like x 4
  11. majosea Dedicated Player

NEW SYSTEM: AUGMENTS
    THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT AUGMENTS:
    • This new system will replace R&D equipment mods.
    • Augments will socket directly into your character's body in a new addition to the character UI.
    • Augments will provide stats and additional bonuses for your characters.
    • Augments will rank up over time, similar to Artifacts, so that as you become more powerful, so too can your Augments.
    • Legacy R&D items will transition smoothly into the new system in a variety ways, depending on the item.
    The new AUGMENTS system will launch free for all players beginning this August on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

New Pay wall fixed it for yall
    I guess since players payed money into artifacts this artifacts 2.0 enjoy
    • Like x 1
  12. recoil2 Dedicated Player

oh good other wise i'd have to find 90 exoskeleton class A systems and even those are somewhat hard to find, i think i get maybe one a week if i'm lucky scouring science spire to star labs.
  13. Proxystar #Perception

Mepps, the other thing of concern is this.

The DLC is launching in July.

We need to know quite comprehensively as players what's going to happen with the augment system and how this impacts the existing system before this DLC launches.

if we don't... this will just lead to confusion amongst the player base and will have a direct impact on the game enjoyment etc.

If people are getting new gear in the July DLC, what are they supposed to be doing with mods? making them to put in gear for 1 month? it'll lead to people putting beta's in gear or not modding at all, then having a direct impact on the quality of runs, especially with PUGS.

Just thought I'd give you, the devs, a heads up on what sort of hazard this level of change might have on the player base if they're not informed, especially before that point.

Would be nice to have clear communication, up front well beforehand, ideally not just in the two weeks preceding release that this might get pushed on test server.

Perhaps launching details at the same time as the DLC and putting the augment system on test at the same time as the DLC goes on there, so the augment system has a good long time on the test server, could be cool :)

Thanks.
    • Like x 6
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

All VERY Good Questions..Which i don't expect ANY answers too Till we get to Mid Julyish.

ALSO Has Anyone Else Noticed the Total Recovery Kits were NOT...I repeat NOT part of the Booster Bundle Rewards...
    This could be a sign of the Coming Changes..
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

The other question I have

how many augments are there?

augments per piece of gear? 1 augment, 2 augment? 4 augments?

Are there different augments per role? depending on how many how are these going to be stored? are they going to be taking more bank or inventory spaces? If there's 10 mods becoming 10 augments, is that now 20 (2 roles) inventory/bank spaces taken up with augments?

Edit: Hang on nevermind I see you've said they go in to your body?

Do these permanently stay on your body? What impact does this have on dual roling? are we losing stats in dual role now? are we going to have to compromise stats on one role if we lose overall numbers of mods with a lower amount of augments?

Do you see where I'm going.

currently I might have 10 vit mods for trolling (example not real) which gives me 5000 vit
    I also have 10 might mods which give me 10000 might for DPS

If the augments decreases the total am I going to have to permanently decide between vit and might? and overall losing stats I might currently have?

i.e. 20 mods becomes 10 augments and if I get 5 vit ones that give 2500 vit and 5 might ones that give 5000 might do you see where I'm going with this...

I know you're saying we "won't lose stats"

but... if this is how the system is going to work I am going to LOSE stats.

I hope the devs are not consdering a loss of stats just based on one role? Not contemplating the fact that many players, in fact, all players who want to be a complete player, play both their roles.

Not considering stats on both sides (roles) would be a horrible oversight, so I hope this is being considered.
    • Like x 2
  16. Jensu Well-Known Player

maybe this has been already answered, bur what happens to those feat from Amazon fury 3 and onward where we get feats for make base and gear mods...i know i am still chasing those feats?
    • Like x 1
  17. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I believe the Craft Gear Mod Feats will be Auto Completed and Granted for ALL who have not finished them
    • Like x 3
  18. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

No matter what they do you'll always find something negative to say huh?
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What are you referring to?

(An actual sentence might be clearer.)
    • Like x 1
  20. majosea Dedicated Player

players pay money to rank their artifact
    you know the seal's
    The new system will be the same way
    there has money involved or they would not remove synthetic mods, now crafting mods
    • Like x 3