DCUO Teases Teen Titans and Augments this Summer

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

How about doing this... not spend more money and play the game?
    • Like x 1
  2. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

will we have to put in our white tactical mods in the augments too? And will they become permanent like our mod stats are going to be?
  3. PSYL0CKE X8 Well-Known Player

u are still going to have to farm exobits
  4. Kuno Loyal Player

I need a tease or a stream & test soon. It's been too long since we had a big episode (Earth 3) so for me it feels like 8 years.
    DoS not for me (rewards issue) and I already played Starro to death last year sooo... SHOW ME THE NEW EPISODE!!!
    • Like x 2
  5. 6ix9ine Well-Known Player

2 questions

-Will the latest mods from the teen titan episode turn into Augments?
    -will we get free augments?
  6. Cosmic Psycho New Player

how about fixing all the god damn bugs in the content we have before releasing more bug filled content? do you even read submitted bug reports? what am I saying of course you don't otherwise there would be no bugs...
    • Like x 1
  7. SparklingMayo Well-Known Player

Free? If you have a free $14.99
  8. Djem So New Player

Regardless of whether one's stats are increased by use of artifacts, equipment mods, generator mods, skill points, augments, or elite affinity generator mods, it appears to be the case that there is very little incentive to improve one's stats. Regardless of the extent to which a player increases his or her health, for example, or dominance, the player's performance in combat appears to remain unchanged. Perhaps there should be additional strategic value directed towards the stats:

• For dominance, as opposed to simply increasing the strength of one's shields marginally, perhaps there could be a mechanic where as a player increases his or her dominance by a specific amount, the percentage of all damage absorbed by shields could be increased. In other words, once a player has achieved sufficient dominance, they could absorb 100% of incoming damage with shields. In this way, there can exist a strategic advantage to increasing one's dominance. Absorbing 100% of incoming damage with shields implies that so long as a shield is applied, all damage directed towards the user during the duration of the shield will be absorbed. Such mechanics as these may prove necessary as the content intensifies. Assuming that a player has achieved the 100% absorption of damage from shields, additional investments in dominance would simply be made in order to satisfy dominance requirements for raids. Furthermore, bosses such as Black Manta in Spindrift Elite can ignore shields, therefore rendering dominance futile in this raid. However, limitations of this nature are a result of one's necessity to strategize accordingly.
    • As for health, perhaps there can be a bonus where a player can reduce the total amount of damage received from all sources by a specific percentage. This percentage could increase as players increase their health pool. The maximum amount of damage reduced could be 50% in total, which of course is a percentage that can only be achieved once a player obtains a sufficient quantity of health from their investments in the game.
    So long as there is a considerable reward for continuously increasing one's stats, the expectation is that players will be more inclined to invest time in the game. Two examples of "rewards" were written in the bullets above, one for dominance, and the other for health. Additional rewards can be created for the remaining stats in the game (might, power, precision, vitalization, and restoration). Assuming that there are no such rewards created for one's investments in their stats, all features that will involve the improvement of stats such as artifacts, generator mods, skill points, elite affinity generator mods, and augments will be of little consequence to one's performance. The premise is that so long as the reward for one's time investments is marginal, there simply cannot exist any desire to continue one's investments in the game. By typing "dcuo forums" in google, entering the forums, clicking on "Powers, Weapons, and Movement" under DCUO Discussion and clicking on a thread titled "Potency of Affinity Generator Mods (from activation of elite gear)" found on page 2, it can be observed by reading the entire thread that once again, an upgrade system must operate on strong incentives. In this way, more players will invest time in the game.
  9. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Just a quick question and maybe a suggestion?

Can the tactical mods be included into the permanent body spot? I really dont like having to spend 20 MoV to take them out. (Only because sometimes I forget I need to take them out and end up spending all 200 MoV...)
  10. MastersGL New Player

I don't suppose with the whole 'new and returning characters'...there's any chance we'll see either/both Wally Wests?
  11. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

If the gears trash im done
  12. DCUO Post Loyal Player

• Like x 1
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Not quite the perm & muttonchops I remember on Joey, but he's looking great.

It's probably too much to hope that it'll be up on Test tomorrow, huh? :oops:
  14. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

no drool/whine inducing DoS III teasers yet?
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

DoS Part 3 has been on test for a while now. It goes live next week.
  16. StealthBlue Loyal Player

17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

18. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

19. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

20. Krossssss Well-Known Player

Can`t log in :( on ps4 us server ..... help