DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Incineration Inferno Active Player

I want to thank you for this update and very much looking foward to it.

With that being said, and I really hope I'm either reading into this to much or it's just a typo. PLEASE tell me we are NOT GETTING ONLY ONE RAID AGAIN.

I cannot speak for everyone one this game only those that have been in my circle since day one and we have always hated only getting a single raid because you burn out of the content way to soon, replaying the same raid, over and over again .

Everything else sounds incredible just hoping it's 2 raids from here on out in the game like it has been for many years except here recently.
  2. Eve YouTuber

I never seen them release info on one than one episode at the time for a update. Though they did hint at "A very dark episode and one that is not dark" so I believe Dark Crisis is happening (Recent event in the comics) but that's just what I get from the hint. Yeah, Emotes will be monitized but It was obvious. As long as they are not giving any feat points It's cool.

I think that if they stop mention seasonals some players will get confused thinking they aren't hapepning. Could cause outrage.
    Also if they release too much information and then go back on things, pitchforks would come out and I don't think they really want it.

Oh and, Mr Mepps said on my Anniversary stream that they plan to release updates to bases this year, what they planned to do last year and couldn't, if I understood correctly. So looking forward to that. (Although not mentioned here.)
    • Like x 6
  3. Eve YouTuber

He replied above that It's one raid and we are getting open world raid bosses like in Wonderverse\Legion of Superheroes :)
    • Like x 2
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Right now, the plan is yes to Elite Plus.
    • Like x 6
  5. Incineration Inferno Active Player

How , sad I must have missed that, then my hopes for this dlc won't be very high on the enjoyment scale once again.

Thank you for the update my friend.
    • Like x 1
  6. CJG335 New Player

This and will we be seeing another Bundle Remix or the Artifact updates later this year too?
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We haven't determined when the next next survival mode will launch.
    • Like x 4
  8. Vikaluka Level 30

About emotes, are they going to be in time capsules just like skins?
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

So were about to start being charged for Emotes

"that's why they were removed from the game makes perfect sense now"

why let us have what we already had when they can charge us to get them back and whatever new ones they come up with"
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I had the opposite impression. I found the Developer Update gave us just enough information about Ep. 45 to get us excited while not spoiling the story for us until it is ready for release. As we get closer to release, the y hype for Shock the System will build. It is standard marketing operating procedure, release a tease to wet the appetite and release a little more the closer to product launch.

I play FF XIV. We have to buy a lot of the emotes on the Mog Station, usually between $5 - $7 US depending on the emote. That’s expensive to me. But players are willing to spend that kind of money on emotes which is why Square releases more for sale. I don’t know if emotes will be monetized in DCUO, as you stated all we know is we are getting the ability to collect emotes with newer animations. Depending on the price, I admit I would be inclined to purchase an emote if it was really something I wanted. FF XIV prices are too high I feel.

New client software for. PS5 and XBOX whatever, I guess they prob wish they could give us a hard date on it but it must be a very technical thing to create with great difficulty. They have prob had a lot of setbacks that frustrated the programmers but they are still working on it and they want to deliver a fully functional client as soon as possible to us too. It’s hard to wait. I know. I want a PS5 but atm I can’t get my hands on one, they are always out of stock.

As far as details on the future next DLCs, I’m satisfied with the info we got. I want to play Shock to the System when it does come out and focus on it. I’m just glad they have plans for future content. It’s like I’m excited to be getting the iPhone 15 this fall, I don’t really need to know about the iPhone 16 that comes out later on in the future. It’s nice to know there will be another one.

This Developer Update is about disclosing what is coming while managing expectations. A failure to live up to expectations can be devastating to the success of a product and cause ill-will towards the Company.

Just have patience, the good stuff will come to us, we just have to wait for it. We have Sins of Black Adam and the Anti-Monitor to enjoy right now. Make the most out of the present. And have fun. The future will take care of itself.
    • Like x 3
  11. Eve YouTuber

In addition to my previous comment, Mepps mentioned this on my Anniversary stream about Base QoL Improvements and he is going to make sure we will get them :D Go Mepps!
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can think of one person who must be reverberating with excitement.
    Nice anniversary this year. Happy with the results.
    • Like x 5
  13. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So excited can't wait. 2023 is looking good and bright. I mean I been asking for emotes for many years and now we're getting new ones. I hope one day we can finally have animations that allows to sit on chairs and what not such as in your lair or league hall. To allow us to interact with the environment you have.
    • Like x 4
  14. Jcal Dedicated Player

Wouldn't have guessed that emotes would soon be our new thing. I'm indifferent towards the news. No doubt these emotes will be highly monetized.

The typical DCUO premium price (to me) just doesn't fly with something like emotes. Some players go to great lengths to acquire their favorite Auras, Materials, Accessories, and Skins because these styles are awesome and because these things are visible on characters 24/7. A 3-5 second emote in a Booster Bundle or a Time Capsule, yeah... that's not the same thing.

And that's likely how this is gonna go unless the team FINALLY opts for the Marketplace route. A whole bunch of emotes readily available in the MP for $5-20 sounds like something that would catch on. Standard emotes, Seasonal emotes, Premium emotes, limited time emotes; you could have a MP tab full of these.
    • Like x 4
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

looks like you and I read into the same thing from their little comment about emotes :D
  16. Lt Skymaster Dedicated Player

Agreed feels like we’ve reached a status quo where we get dlc and scheduled events and thats it instead of saying what will the future hold what can we be excited about
  17. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd argue that something that impacts gameplay is more of a golden goose to some people.
    • Like x 3
  18. JDIRS Well-Known Player

It would be great if the devs freshened up and balanced a few abilities or combat mechanics. There are definitely a few really substantive improvements that could be made with comparatively little work and development resources.
    • Like x 1
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

How'd you guys manage to get Ebon in the game? He isn't a character in the comics. He was made up for the cartoon. Is that a sign of warner discovery (DC) loosening the reigns on the use of properties? Is the future bright for the House of EL logo to return?
    • Like x 1
  20. Alexios New Player

I’m excited for next gen console stuff. But I’m curious if you guys have plans to ever allow characters to transfer from 1 PSN account to another as an example. I’m asking this because I have a family member who uses the account that my characters are under that I’ve had since the beginning and I don’t want to really restart completely over because I’ve had so much time and effort into everything I did under that character.
    • Like x 1