DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Pingvinozavr Dedicated Player

Are there any plans to add themed Vault(or even a regular one) for events that do not have one?
    • Like x 3
  2. KnightFalz Active Player

I'd rather have a new power. That makes everything already made seen in a new light which makes more of a golden goose to me than that planned.
    • Like x 2
  3. inferno Loyal Player

I'm not. 1 raid means 10 marks instead of 10 marks each raid. 1 raid means longer runs which may be fun for the first 3 or 4 times but running the same raid week after week for 3 to 4 months? Having 2 raids also means that one can be normal and the other can be challenging; one short, another longer; one rehashed environs, the other new.

I would rather have more choices, more options to choose from than less.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

does it tho? we would have those feats tied to certain mats that isn't tied to feats or collections which can only be bought through mtxes, I believe we are getting more feats.

regardless If they were tied or not to those emotes there would be no difference.
  5. myandria Item Storage

No problem; keep up the good work with recovery and I hope you get well soon! :D

As for the hypothetical "combine the two Black Adam raids":

1) I assume the marks would be doubled and the renoun nearly doubled for elite because two raids are being combined.
    2) The loot drops should be the same, if not more than the two raids separately.
    3) No. This should not happen because we have had raids where you have to teleport between a few areas and they were still 87 replay badges to unlock.
    4) Since the raids would be combined, there would be less feats because some of them can be combined into one feat. This also means more valuable feats; more 25 to 50 point feats and less 10 point ones. For an elite version this should be the case regardless. So, instead of 20 feats with more than half of them at the 10 pt level, combining these raids could give us 10 feats with only 3 at the 10 pt level max. In my opinion, this may motivate more players to replay the raid to get those higher point feats.The feats are redundant more often than you think; they are just reworded for another character/content.
    5) The same players that complain about Patchwork and Flashpoint are the same ones that show up when they are the chosen "Spotlight Content" for that weeks' event. So I suggest playing that content for yourself and then see if you agree with them. I agree that the counter feats are high, but, they are not as tedious as "Typhon's Monster Hunt" is.

The issue lies within the player base itself; so many players want to finish content quickly and when they do, they complain about having nothing to do. When the devs give them content that is "supposed" to last for awhile "Patchwork et al," then they complain that the feat counters are too high and that it will take too long to complete. At least with Patchwork you can run a train to do each boss back to back to get those feats; you don't have to spawn camp to get them.

The only feat I found worth taking care of early is the bug squishing feat in Infernal Kandaq; that one is boring and tedious like the Typhon Monster Hunt in my opinion. 700+ bugs to squish to complete the feat...sheesh.

6) The devs have been very good about fixing glitches in a short period of time since you've been away; I would not worry about being stuck with one raid in case of an issue. Also, the devs have been implementing an "Elite Plus" version of Elite raids to keep max geared players busy.

You do have a valid point about end game players not having enough to do when they've finished everything they want to do. What would you suggest to the devs to extend the game experience of the "experienced" player?
  6. Drathmor Unwavering Player

What? is this English because I don't understand what you wrote at all.
    Ill reiterate so at least my point is clear

if they tied the new emotes to feats it will further the pay gap because
    that will then be more feats behind a pay wall than there are currently
  7. Mo Kenway Well-Known Player

No it doesn't let me make it simple for you, There's feats yes? those feats are tied to certain collections or materials, tying a feat to emotes isn't gonna affect how the pay gap works to get a specific feat.

We already pay hundreds of dollars to complete a collection or a get a mat, do you get it now? Its all RNG we cannot decide wether if we will get the collection done unless we pay till the RNG gives us what we wants.

So lets say you get a Emote from the capsule but you don't get a feat from collecting it, doesn't that mean you are just restricting people from getting feat from a wider array of items?

People pay hundreds and they don't get a feat for it seems kinda stupid really, a single skillpoint isn't gonna make a difference.
    As long its RNG there's no difference at all you can't decide how much you have to pay in order to get what you want from the capsules which doesn't increase the pay gap at all, its all about luck at this point.

And having feats behind collections does not mean that daybreak originally planned to make the feat specificely customer friendly by making it attainable through repetitions of a certain task
  8. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I would like to hear a date of when you guys are going to stream it on Twitch.
    • Like x 3
  9. Eve YouTuber

Probably when they announce the exact date, I am looking forward to a stream and hear about their work on the episode! Maybe they can introduce more Devs, aswell, this way.
    • Like x 2
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Yesss would make my day for sure :)
    • Like x 1
  11. Skoll Well-Known Player

I think they’ve forgotten the twitch password…
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Last stream was two months ago, so not really. They streamed the UI changes they did
  13. Skoll Well-Known Player

Huh, 5 streams in 2022 compared to 23 in 2021. Could have fooled me. Maybe not so much as forgotten it but more of misplaced :).
    • Like x 3
  14. Eve YouTuber

I do hope they will do more this year, the engagement with the community is super important.
    • Like x 2
  15. Bathroom Dad Active Player

I laugh every time you post like you know what their plan is from one post.
    • Like x 1
  16. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Cmon man! We are getting new emotes and artifacts! All the while ps5’s are hard crashing repeatedly, and they just keep telling us the fix is coming like they have for the last 2.5 years!
    • Like x 2
  17. Bathroom Dad Active Player

Hooooooly crap. 2023 for DCUO is going to be a bad year for players. First DLC we get is just one raid, and open world boss style content that mirrors Patchwork? Yikes. No update for current gen consoles to resolve crashes? Yikes. No news of a future powerset they are working on? More yikes. More artifacts and Allies? Oh brother….. What are we getting though? Emotes. EMOTES. THAT WAS THE SQUEAKY WHEEL DB DECIDED TO ADDRESS???

If they try to monetize emotes… or worse monetize AND attach feats to them, we need to speak up more as a community about what we expect from them and this company.

I honestly can’t even put into words how bad this 2023 preview looks to me as a consumer and player.
    • Like x 9
  18. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

The roadmap looks pretty clear to me. The game is headed right off of a cliff. It's going to be one rough year.
    • Like x 7
  19. Bathroom Dad Active Player

I’m not one who has been saying DC is dying like some have for years, but I think it’s finally time to say that it’s peaked, and now we are definitely seeing a plateau in creativity and quality of gaming experience. Which in turn doesn’t incentivize players to invest in it as much.

The game needs a massive expansion to its world. Idk what that should be, but something needs done to keep things fresh. Other wise this rinse and repeat mindset they are stuck in will inevitably lead to community shrinkage (lol…. Shrinkage).

I mean honestly, the fact that they openly are telling us we are going to do open world patchwork style bosses again…. After it was widely despised….tells us how little they listen to us.

OR

the fact that they’re focusing on emotes… something that has absolutely nothing to do with gameplay…. Over fixing the PS5 crashing issues is beyond me. That is a top priority issue with ALOT of players. But ah yes… let’s make sure our characters can dance in silly ways while our current gen systems are breaking trying to use a twelve year old game.
    • Like x 5
  20. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

I agree 100% with you. I've never been one to claim that "The end is near", but it's getting harder and harder to keep that thought out.
    • Like x 4