DCUO Development Update - January 2023

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 11, 2023.

1. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A lot of styles drop at random all over the place now....
    You could still get styles even if we had loot locks.

You also would still get gear even with loot locks. You would just have to play different missions as opposed to spamming 1 mission over and over.

You could still farm for feats.
    You do get feats even if loot locked.

For example.... the new Pride Bounty.
    Being loot locked did not stop people from getting the defeat Pride 55 times feat.
    Heck I did get the feat... ;)
  2. Proxystar #Perception

There's still a lot of styles that come from singular places , restricting players to loot locks limits their ability to farm specific instances and numerous feats associated with them, so in that respect you're not entirely correct.

This also includes things like the man bat commandos or the ultraman cape in PANe, the dark robins, list goes on.

Loot locking instances is detrimental to the player, because it isn't just about the marks.
  3. SHEPHERD Active Player

Still no PS5 version. Great....

I stopped playing (again) back in October. I'd just came back after a long time away and found it impossible to play multiple characters with how much more grindy each individual character's progression became, but left again when the disgustingly greedy game decided it wanted to eat two weeks worth of my time earning marks for repeat failures trying to level an artifact. They really don't want people not paying for ******** boosters to stop the rigging on breakthroughs. Only willing to try it out again when a dedicated version for new gen comes around and... still nothing on that front. For the whole year.

Not sure what EG7 is doing with those funds, but considering the former 'owners' of the company were tied to Russian oligarch scum (Columbus Nova), it's not a stretch to imagine that's still the case, just using different shell companies. You see the same in other titles on the F2P market, like with Gaijin and War Thunder. Now with the war going on and the complications on that side of the world that arise from issues tapping assets and transfers, well.... and then there's the habit of ex execs leaving to go work for Chinese companies. <_<
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

There is an "update" to PS5 to where it no longer causes a hard shutdown of the system. I'm unaware if any of your political stuff is true in regards to who invest/benefited from the game. Where did you see that information?
  5. SHEPHERD Active Player

• Like x 1
  6. myandria Item Storage

There will be PS5 updates UNTIL Sony announces a hard date to deprecate the PS4; this is the method that DI has used in the past when this game moved from the PS3 to the PS4.

Sony is just starting to recover from the effects that COVID had on obtaining parts necessary to build enough PS5's for the consumer market. If I remember correctly, the PS4 was supposed to be deprecated this year, but that got pushed back to 2025. If the economy recovers and people start buying/asking for PS5's in greater numbers, then Sony might change that date in my opinion.

I think this is the year that Sony will start "nudging" more game developers to make games solely for the PS5 and/or limit PS4 game capabilities for new games; this has already been done with NBA2K23. This would put Sony on schedule to deprecate the PS4 by 2025, if not sooner.
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I finally got my new PS5 last week and set it up Saturday. That thing is HUGE! Make plenty of room for it lol. And set aside a good chunk of your day to re-download your games. DCUO and FF 14 each took 2 hours separately to download.

I can’t believe the PS4 is going to be 10 years old this year. Mine was an original for Christmas 2013 lol.
  8. myandria Item Storage

So true! This is why I think that Sony will wait to see how well the PS5 sells this year. I'm planning on buying the console version, as I have a lot of games on disk, including FFXIV. I have the limited edition FFXV PS Slim and I got an extended hard drive for it. The only work around for those long download times that i can think of is to hard wire the PS5 with an ethernet cable to the modem for direct internet access.
    • Like x 1
  9. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

ABSOLUTELY! You definitely need an extended hard drive with the PS5. I got a 4 TB one from Amazon. I think it’s a Toshiba? I got the one that was Amazon’s Choice rated.
  10. myandria Item Storage

Ahh ok good to know; I have a 5TB Seagate that I got from Costco when it was on sale for $90.
    • Like x 1