DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. SlayingDaimon New Player

What if there was a mechanic tied into either the pvp trinket or gear that would activage a shield that reflects damage or 10 seconds when hit by npc's that isn't tied down to cool down?
  2. Yallander Loyal Player

All joking aside, what if they just locked inventory after the match starts? This would make people think about what they put in their belts because once it is there it isn't moving until after the match. It would also get rid of issues with switching out trinkets mid match to cycle pets as well as other things. Only downfall is if you burn through your colers, but then again it would require more planning going into a match.
  3. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

i havent went feat hunting yet. al my current sp is from random feats i just happend to do lol
  4. YodaDog New Player

Dude, with all respect, after 15 months, as much as you say you play.. you should have more SP's. He was correct, somethin aint right with your story; ergo, Im not taking you very seriously.
    • Like x 3
  5. phen0mena Committed Player

I think the easiest solution is the best from reading all the pages ITT thus far;

Simply make it like legends; you get the PvP breakout trinket/role debuff protection and that's it. Every other trinket is deactivated.

Solves everything in one pass, offers the least possibility of more bugs, imbalance, etc. Gear and mods are already more than enough. It keeps the base relevant in the new mods, keeps the pets etc unaffected by the change, keeps power-set pets in as should be, everyone is happy.
    • Like x 6
  6. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

--its called the DPad left/right.
  7. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

15 months and about 7 different lvl 30 toons, and whether u take me serious means nothing to me
    • Like x 1
  8. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

how about making all pets except tank pets much easier to kill.

brick, gardian, and turret should still be tough to kil but everything else, especially watcher should be "boom boom boom they're gone"
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

this also would ruin pets in PVE the best solution on here is getting rid of utility belts in PVP and either make it like legends were all you have is PVP trinket or only allowing us one like before the belts which would cause most people to only have the PVP trinket anyway.
    • Like x 1
  10. Yallander Loyal Player

Not really, just reduce their "toughness" and you have this scenario.
  11. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

why take stuff away from pvpers. pets can loos toughness without lossing defence... get it?
  12. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

- FWIW there are two sides to every request for change in Arenas--pets, etc.
    However the people that actually enjoy certain things arent going to bother coming to the forums to post and argue with the enraged mob of angry posters just to defend something that they don't want to see changed.
    most of them are just playing the game and having fun.

Not that there isnt room to make everyone happy, but its a slippery slope when Devs start following the "sqeaky wheel gets the grease" mentality.
    a couple dozen opinionated posters does not represent the full player base by any stretch of the imagination.
    • Like x 1
  13. Drathmor Unwavering Player

thats a vallid point but doesnt do much to prevent all the lag and targeting issues and still removes skill from fights by people relying on pets to fight for them
  14. YodaDog New Player

uh huh.. but you make 4300+ MoTs with ease every month, solely through PvP.. all the while playing these alts all the time which explains the lack of SP's... gotcha..

Look, it doesnt matter. I like your idea about taking away the pet toughness.. That would work. Taking away the belts would work better, IMHO.
  15. Yallander Loyal Player

IDK if it would help lag, but removing pet collision would go along ways in QOL against pets. Ran a Safehouse last night and couldn't get through the doors to follow my target and interupt them carrying the gravitron--was a good strategy, but felt more like I was denied trying to get into an exclusive night club than PVPing.
  16. Drathmor Unwavering Player

lol were they the gothic back up they really do look alot like bouncers at a club. maybe they just forgot to put up there little velvit rope
  17. SlayingDaimon New Player

Another Idea is since the tactics conversion rate is so low make it so that winning legends or arenas drops 10+ tactics for lairs, 20+ 2v2, 40 for 4v4 and so on. If the conversion rate stays the same then pretty much 1 or 2 raids will cover the cost of a full set of t3 pvp when it goes triumph to tactics or worse triumph to strategy.
  18. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

i only play as Orochimaru nowadays and i only played my old toons on at a time as well. i have no reason to lie. trying to discredit me because i have an opposing opinion is an old and dirty debating trick. this side convo is amusing to me, but lets stay on topic. K?
    • Like x 1
  19. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

tru. the breakthrough phisiscs on this game doesnt exest in other mmo games. obviously all thes pets pose a very new prob when combined with these new collision system. removing them from pets isnt a bad idea at all
  20. theTHRUSTER New Player

Not allowing pets to receive heals was a great idea till I thought of Brick for earth . Some earth players rely on Brick heavily for damage transference. Removing utility belts seemed like an easy fix but then I remembered healing arenas with electricity. As a healer I'm never going into an arena without my breakout trinket. But healing with electricity made the pulse devices a necessity. The utility belts really do provide more tactical options, it's just a shame that many players abuse them.