DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. kingchris200 New Player

If u don't like pets.do us a favor and quit.or just play legends.stay out of arena simple.stop making these threads.-111111111111111for this dumb thread.pets are fun.
  2. Woodler New Player

lol wut - you just rambled on about how people have no skill :S

You know what takes skill, pumping out more damage than a sorcery healer (or equal damage for that matter) as an electricity healer
    Talk about insecurities...
  3. Woodler New Player

If you don't like reading threads about people expressing their opinions about pets in DCUO, quit life
    k thanks
    • Like x 5
  4. Orochimaru-Sama New Player

+1000000 on this one as well. especially the part about the boring 5v5s. lol same match with same strategy over and over anybody? lol not me
  5. BASSNUT New Player

lol Having had you kick my **** many many times I have no understanding as to why you think sorcs are good lol :)
  6. Woodler New Player

remember everybody telling us we were the minority... :) :) :)
    • Like x 2
  7. Zypher New Player

Mission accomplished.. mostly.

Now its just the hometurf junk.
    • Like x 1
  8. ARI ATARI New Player

the home turf stuff is the biggest issue in pvp

so they fixed the smaller issue and say "the biggest issue is here to stay, get used to it" paraphrased but legitimate.
    • Like x 2
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

sorry but i can kill a watcher with 3 hits, and sorry again, but what is the point of kil the dpers first and let the healer alive? i'm a premade pvper and if i see a healer i kill him first but of course.. if a see his power sourcer (Trollers) i would kill him first and back to the healers.
  10. Zypher New Player

Based on how things have gone.. I'll give 'em the benefit of doubt. A lot of good changes just came in. If this really is the case and the henchmen/sidekicks don't at least get a huge reduction in health/toughness.. we're still gonna be stuck with one big and annoying problem in PvP.

Only consolation would be arranged queues I guess.
    • Like x 1
  11. Woodler New Player

his post was before watchers we re-balanced, sorry

lol at the rest of your post - there is a difference between playing a dps in a premade and being in a premade fighting other premades, more than likely your in the later :), sorry
    • Like x 1
  12. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

DCUO Now:

Player: Hechman i choose you! *throws the TrinketBall*

Hechman says: Heeeech.

Player: Hechman uses your "Orbital Strike" now!!!!!!! (i know it do not make sense since hechman isn't responsible for "Orbital Strike" but keep reading).

Hechman says: Heeech MANNNN!!! *ULTIMADEOMGCRAZYAREYOUKIDDINGME? damage from the sky*

End.

but yeah... i deal with it, i'll buy hand of fate and home turf soon, just to not to be outdone in pvp.
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

really? i am reading this thread now xD sorry.
  14. Hawnter New Player

Go play pokemon then.
    • Like x 3
  15. Aqua New Player

Changed my stance on this, all of home turf minus the mods need to go away in pvp.

Pugged a couple matches last night while gathering collections and they all went exactly the same: I beat the daylights out of a player or two or three at the same time in tank stance no less and of course as all of them are about 50% health I get synchronized orbital striked, henchman descend from the heavens and supply drops are scattered everywhere.

Apparently all that is needed to beat good players these days is 9000 marks of triumph.
    • Like x 1
  16. YodaDog New Player

I agree to an extent. I'd like to see all the Home Turf removed as well. But that aint gonna happen and just to play devil's advocate...

A. Those trinkets have a very long cooldown. What you describe above can only happen once per match, realistically...

B. You too, can use Home Turf trinkets. So can your friends.

Now should you have to PvE your buttocks off to get all the PvP goodies? IMO, no you should not. But thats a different problem and overall Im very happy with what the devs have done here for PvP.
    • Like x 1
  17. Battle Man Committed Player

That's what truly breaks my heart about it too. It's not the actual pets and orbital strikes, etc.
    It's that we've now totally blurred the line between skill, and time spent.

A player can now just grind away at PvE and actually get an advantage over a skilled PvPer who spends all their time PvPing.
    They can just take all their PvE earned toys into Lair Battles and bank a ton of Marks in short order to go toward PvP gear.

Ultimately it all works and caters to the majority, as it should, but it's at the expense of my joy.
    I'm really starting to lose my motivation here, and that bums me out.
    • Like x 1
  18. Aqua New Player

Yeah likely will never happen but I'll still stand by the idea.

And the match dragged on it happened about 3 times lol

And yeah the easiest thing to do would have been to get a group and steamroll everything, but pugging should be somewhat as viable as premade pvp. Lately hometurf has made it so it is imperative that you be in a group to win a match, I'm probably one of few people who will be able to endure the abuse from hometurf items, if a new player goes up against the kind of odds I do when i pug matches I bet just about everything they will quit, we gotta expand the pvp population all these instant win buttons are not helping.
  19. YodaDog New Player

Completely agree. And I too used to pug arenas all the time and now never ever do, for the same reasons..

But I do think these changes will increase the player populations and give newbies a little more hope and motivation. These fixes they made, while not exactly what I would have done in their shoes, are definitely a positive step for PvP..
    • Like x 1
  20. phen0mena Committed Player

Well said.

My biggest issue with it, is the attitude of these players.
    I see you, and your league names. Don't talk like you are elite because you are beating players with all your toys and tricks. Don't lie and say you aren't using them either.

I remember before these came around, and you were scrubs then, and are still scrubs now. You simply have Game-Genie's winning your matches for you.
    • Like x 1