DCUO and pets.....

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Mista E, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Woodler New Player

what have I removed? lol I just said the watcher shouldn't be able to do all those things simultaneously....

I would remove the watchers ability to juggle for beginners, I also think powers like shared fate and sacrificial offering could be adjusted in healing stance.

I'm more than aware of how sorcery works - don't worry about that :), before the watcher was buffed very few people used it anyways (that's not to say that I want it nerfed to become useless - I just want it adjusted and for it not to be stacked with other pets which wasn't really possible not long ago anyways...)
  2. Giggles Loyal Player

They can just make it one pet power/trinket at once. For example, say someone brings boo, the iconic drone, the summer pet, and a watcher in their load out. Say they summon a watcher, ok they get to use it. Say they try to bring out boo while the watcher is out, boo being summoned causes the watcher to unsummon. Say they try to bring out the drone, then boo is unsummoned. So on and so forth. It should work this way for every single power set.

Each person can only use one pet power or trinket at once. I think pets are annoying, but in moderation they aren't so bad. If I had my way they would be gone forever, but I do understand others enjoy using pets and I don't want to ruin their fun, as they say different strokes for different folks. If one power set can use a pet and another power set can't, they should be able to use a pet trinket if they choose to in order to balance out the split damage. I believe this is a good middle ground for everyone. Also yes, Henchmen are 3 pets in one trinket, HOWEVER it is on a MUCH longer cool down than any other pet, so it balances out just fine with this idea, same goes for sidekick and it's cool down.
    • Like x 2
  3. Woodler New Player

this is exactly what I'm calling for.
  4. BASSNUT New Player

humm so you would take away a classes skill would you take away say gauss grenade or Strafe run from other classes that dont have a pet if they use a trinket?
  5. Woodler New Player

Nope, just like we are not calling for powers like WoD, FR, SF or CoP to be cancelled :)
  6. Happy Cat Well-Known Player

After the first 30 days of this DLC release you see the pets a lot less. Most people wasted all the marks they saved up for them and now they cant afford them because they need to buy gear or something, lol because raiding is now your job to pay for your house.
  7. BASSNUT New Player

ohh so you just want all Sorc healers to play one style of sorc one with out pets? so what would you give the class to replace the loss of summoning a pet?
  8. Woodler New Player

You would only be able to use one of your power pets at one time, which is the case at the moment anyway... I'm not sure you're understanding the proposal. 1 pet per person at each time, each additional pet (albeit trinket or sc) you summon a new pet it will unsummon the last...
    So this would affect all powersets the same considering they ALL have access to a pet :)

I have already posted ideas of where Sorcery could be buffed - you should try reading ALL of my reponse :)
  9. SlayingDaimon New Player

How it works at the moment is:
    Unlimited duration.
    Power based sets summoned with power cancel each other.

Limited duration.
    Power based pets summoned with super charge don't cancel other pets.
    Trinket pets from seasonal content share a cool down.
    Trinket pets from mainframe are have their own cool down.
    Trinket pets from marketplace or drops have their own cool down.(could be wrong about this one.)

So basically if they just slap the same cool down on all trinket pets we have to deal with henchmen, supercharge pets, and power pets and whatever new gimmick is being abused with the 3 remaining trinket slots. The best way to deal with this if they don't want to give bare bones arenas would be tossing a mind control aura/AOE power in the missing spot on the iconic power section that can't be overwritten.
    • Like x 2
  10. SlayingDaimon New Player

I've got tons of ideas for the summoning tree that are inspired by anime abilities. Basically the ideas center around using crystals, glyphs, totems, and fields to stack auras. It's not relevant for this thread at the moment but basically variations of soul well only attached to your character.
  11. Zylo Committed Player

Sorcery has 2pets. a dps pet and a healing pet. y the heck is the healing pet doing damege? ppl say you can kill them easily with 3-4hits. I call bs unless your blessed with crits. takes me way to long to kill them. Even the accomplices as well all because they can heal themselves.
    • Like x 1
  12. Zypher New Player

The major beef with sorcery is the watcher.. I've played all three healing powers. Sorcery is the only one where the pet is scaled by your combat rating and does heals/damage out accordingly. This is inherently unbalanced but the watcher is the only thing that makes sorcery an even viable healing power. Without it sorcery is utterly useless while healing.

The damage being dealt by the watcher is out of line with the other 2 healing powers in my opinion. Electricity and nature do not have a pet (at 89cr) doing constant ticks of 100+ damage (plus heals) over time to players in modded T4 PvP gear. Its also why sorcery is one of the hardest power sets to duel currently unless you're a controller (and even so, these guys typically lose to sorcery healers anyway). The damage done by the watcher should be reduced by about 30-35% in my opinion. I'd leave the healing alone and tweak the damage.
    • Like x 2
  13. Woodler New Player

I don't necessarily agree with the whole sorcery would be useless without it. There are a few ways to play sorcery that I rarely see people utilize but are very effective. I would advocate a few powers in the summoning tree to be altered though...

I most defiantly agree with the second part of your post though, thats a big thing - the damage you are able to do as a sorc heal is ridiculous especially in comparison to electricity. And to bring back in relation to this thread - that is 100% because of the pet like you mentioned...
  14. phen0mena Committed Player

How long have we played this game now? 3 years this I think?
    I love how my powerset was the weakest healer, etc for 2 years, now it's all everyone talks about because of the watcher.

It's like a train wreck, I can't stop watching but it's all so wrong.
    • Like x 3
  15. Zypher New Player

I do think you can play sorcery without the watcher but at the higher levels it just doesn't make sense (healing and power-wise) to not use it for example competitive 5v5s and T4 raids. It's a huge bulk of the total healing out, keeping you alive and in a lot of cases, the damage out as well. The difference it makes is just too significant in my opinion.

Yeah, that's pretty much the only thing I'd change.. the damage dealt by the watcher while in healer role.
  16. Sektor New Player

It's exhilarating being a troll and getting your faced smashed in by a healer in under a few seconds. Don't allow Home Turf pets in any arena or duel globes, please. It's okay in open world, but in an arena and duel it shouldn't be usable. The same goes for supply drops.

I can hardly imagine what goes through the minds of the people who don't have gear higher than T2 when they step in Arenas with people flooding the place with pets, supply drops, and that beam crap that follows you everywhere for a few seconds.

PvP is so ugly right now it's no wonder why PvE has more people playing it. Quack Quack.
    • Like x 5
  17. Woodler New Player

I was sorcery the whole time, part of the problem with sorcery was people didn't know how to play it (many people still don't).

I agree it makes no sense NOT to use the watcher, but you'd be surprised what you can do without it... Whether or not sorcery guys want to admit it or not the watcher is imbalanced in terms of how much damage it allows a sorcery player to do in healing stance (especially in comparison to an electricity toon - part of the reason I'm not electricity toons atm... nature can still do decent damage IF they use gorilla)
  18. Zylo Committed Player

The change is that it shouldn't do damage in the 1st place. They have a dps pet for that already.
  19. phen0mena Committed Player

To be quite honest, I could care less if it dealt damage at all it's so miniscule.
    If they take that off, it's a non-issue for either side.

I crushed a troller last night in an inner sanctum match. Guy didn't debuff me once, didn't counter me at all either.
    Bet he's one of the folks here somewhere complaining too. It's like these trollers think we just roll over and croak when we see them.

Since coming back, I've really noticed the 'skill' level of players is way down. The use of gimmicks, tricks, etc is waaay up, and the losers of matches are whining waaay more.

Fought 2 Hal Jordans in the same map legends right after, and literally all they did was try and spam that AoE nuke thing he has.

It's pretty sad. I think ya'll are grasping at straws here. If the watchers damage is a concern, ha, whatever, go ahead remove that leet damage. The train-wreck continues.
    • Like x 2
  20. SlayingDaimon New Player

Level 10 - 29 arenas > Level 30 arenas.
    • Like x 2