DC Didn't Kill The Game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by UnleashedBrevard, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Killed? Game is not dead, but the population has dropped tremendously since years ago because reasons said above (pvp, cr relevance, Am, wm etc.)

I think what would help this game for once is if daybreak give us more powers without powersets, if players want shadow powers, use the iconic to add a few there so others can make a loadout and same with wind, venom, elastic etc. More styles that are not time capsule exclusive, there should always be multiple options to get a style, gear or trinket, and pvp need touch ups update after update and I think when it comes to narrowing options to progress etc. Players get fed up and move on, dc has a record of limiting both character customization, progress and engagement.

I think if daybreak changes there priority to what I've mentioned above, new players will be more interested, and may help the population once more.
  2. Wiccan026 Loyal Player

I forgot to make one more point which Kara reminded me of (because it goes along with that same train of thought).

I don't think anyone can sit around and say that the population hasn't dropped to a degree. While we can't see those numbers (nor does one truly need them in order to make this point) unless you are getting an influx of people to make up for the ones that left eventually a game will have problems that can lead to it's demise.

So of course the answer is the same as always DC is not dying nor is it currently dead. Does it have a few things that they should try to rethink to ensure this game is here another eight years... you betcha.

Oh and as for the world of WoW comment, to my knowledge (I have never played WoW myself) they do something similar to the FF franchise MMO's. They may have a DLC but that DLC lasts x amount of time and they still constantly add content during that time (and add things at all levels not just "true end game") that is given without any extra cost other than the sub. So trying to compare DCUO's DLCs to a system like that well let's just say it isn't accurate for you to call that a fair comparison in order of turn out (should have made this point earlier since no one made it, didn't think of it til now).
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  4. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Mepps and devs...can we pleaaaaaassssse have feats in TCs?

There i am the lone one....lol!

Just kidding, i think everyone should be able to have a chance at all Feats for skill/stat points!
  5. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the game is already dead.

those of us that really love the game are in deep denial.

as can be expected for me to say its the revamp that drove people away this year with pay to win tactics and a lack of enough engaging content rounding out the trifecta of fail.

we aren't getting anything but the barest minimum.

i wish it werent the case. i would love it if the game was a success.
    • Like x 1
  6. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Who one here is a PC player and remembers what it was like before & after GU 47?
  7. Knarlydude Loyal Player

:p
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

9. UnleashedBrevard Committed Player

Never Winter was a great game but man them servers had more Rubber Bands then the rubber bandman had bands I had to quit that game before it just got to be to aggravating to go back to DC to see they have a lot of the Never Winter options in the game now lol the boxes the artifacts what are they reaching for next that they really don't need to they need to let players enjoy the game so many complain yet they got the CR and the a little of the SP but the actual grind of the game the search for items and the playing th earn them is missing.
  10. Zeo Committed Player

I was one of the players that left the game in GU47, I'm kinda surprised to see those kind of topics, even before of that time people was saying that the game was dying.

I am a PC player, for me the most detestable reasons was by limiting PC players, by investing in old plataforms like PS3 (at that time, I believe that they droped the support ages ago), the freaking money cap and skills tied to feats.

Those last two was considered sacrosanct by the community and never should be spoke out, even if I used the legendary status for 2 years (I played 3 years in total), but the money cap is totaly game breaking.
    Skill points related to Feats not only don't make sense, but it's a total boredom to make, forcing some kind of grind for the players that don't like of this kind of things, Feats should be medals and nothing more.

Also, waiting more than 1 hour for get a group on auto queue isn't fun eighter, people ALWAYS complained about low villain population was and how they should merge for missions, since there's almost no difference between hero and villain missions, a lot of people gave many interesting ideas but the Devs heard none and continue to insist with those awful ideas, nobody wanted their villain walking on the watchtower, they just want to play the game normaly.

Also² don't come with this LFG BS, people was demanding absurd high CR for the players, for making relatively easy content, not to mention "If youre not X power I don't want you on my party".

One of their mistakes was to say that they would wipe other kind of currencies to just use triumph marks, but then create others afterwards, so what's the point?

Also³ I hated the extra grind that they made us to do on the festivals, too much time wasted on those pointless fights, urgh I just remembered the non skipable cutscenes, I'm glad that I left the game.

Edit: I almost forgot to mention the old Booster Gold voice, why they changed? T_T
    • Like x 1
  11. SasquaT Dedicated Player

Heh just cheack king of MMO WoW .They started in 2004/2005 and they still got few milions subs its not hard to guess why :)
    Some how vets dont quit and new players coming to the game why is that ? We got so many other games but still WoW is nr 1 .
    Heh more then 50 % of DCUO community came here from WoW i remeber when i asked on chat or TS what other games you playing many said WoW .
    DCUO became next version of Sims maybe thats why people dont want to play this game anymore .
    Lets cheack economy in this game its totaly broken and its becouse DC .(they cant get rid of hackers ,glitch abusers and they added TC even if 90 % people h8 it)
    Lets cheack PVP in this game its broken as well from how long ? and its becouse DC .(they cant get rid of hackers and they cant balance it for how long )
    Lets cheack grind in this game :
    from economy side there is no economy so lets talk about ours toons progres :
    Well all who was farming feats like crazzy becouse they want to be OP some how lost interest becouse guess what we dont need to be max SP to be OP but devs call that update SP matters buahahahahaa.
    What about gear ? I guess people get tired of farming marks , elite raids becouse 2-3 weeks after you get new dlc with similar elite raids and a bit better gear .
    So for me new content is like cool new stuff but im runing it like 2 times and i get bored .( becouse there is no economy and no point to grind )

Now this game is all about styles,materials,auras,base items so you can say its new version of The Sims and not everyone like this game and for sure many start playing DCUO not becouse The Sims aspect .

Oh yea and now Toxic problem you need to anserw yourself all i wrote in this post is Toxic or maybe its Truth ( dont forget Truth can be Toxic as well )
    • Like x 2
  12. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Yeah, Neverwinter still rubber bands from time to time, usually during peak hours (which is hard to tell when is peak hours).

Despite the problems, Neverwinter has though they still manage to have plenty of people spending crazy amounts of money on non-trivial items.

I mean to be Dragonborn is like $70 and you get a +10 additional damage but it really is not needed.

They charge for mounts but they also have a way to purchase without real money yet many pay real money.

People moan and groan about the cost of items here on DC, the OP said paying 14.99 is to high.

Neverwinter is 9.99 but, the equivalent to the artifacts over on neverwinter can be a crazy amount in comparison.

Most that would agree with the OP would quit if DC had neverwinter prices.

I have friends that dumped over 500 in less than 6 months on neverwinter including the sub, and I only spent roughly 50-60 bucks and basically caught up and gained a rare mount from their equivalent TC.

DC has its rough spots from time to time, to each their own.
  13. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Ribbet!!!