Daybreak layoff 70 employees

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, Dec 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelg Always Right

I think it's funny anyone would care what Smedley thinks about how a company should be run, LOL.
    • Like x 5
  2. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

sorry laid off people =( and right before Christmas
    • Like x 2
  3. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

After all, he is the inventor of one of the Epic Fails in MMO buiz. And a lot of fails not so epic ;)
  4. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

If it was the truth, then why delete it? o_O
    • Like x 1
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I knew this was coming when I made a thread about the nantworks investment into Daybreak a couple months ago.
    Here are a few links below. If you dig further you will find that they are making all of the Daybreak games mobile except for DCUO.
    https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co.../sd-fi-nantworks-daybreak-20180906-story.html

https://www.bizjournals.com/losange...forms-game-publishing-venture-with-stake.html

Here is another interesting article that might help shed some light on things.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/artic...studios-creates-new-joint-publishing-division
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Because publically tweeting about the restructure of a company even if he intends to raise awareness probably isn't really a smart idea, the last thing the laid off employees probably want is attention when they're going through an employment issue.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

They've probably pulled the plug on it and decided to pull the plug on a few other redundant roles at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  8. BƖack Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yeah they guy at Nantworks was suppose to join the board of Directors within a couple months...That was back at the first of Sept. I would assume that he is there now considering that Daybreak people were let go and zero talk about Nantworks people being let go.
  10. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The fact we actually have one of those to put on is kinda unsettling right now.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Not really Drama but real concern. I have been with games at the end and a couple just pulled the plug without notice.
    IMO, players have a right to be concerned.
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

LOL, I forget why that was released. Was that after Sony spun of SOE?
  13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

I thought it was an April Fools thing.
    • Like x 1
  14. BƖack Dedicated Player

I didn't mean players, but the Company.:D
    • Like x 1
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

It was but I cannot remember if it was because people were tripping about Sony selling off SOE.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

I wouldn't read too much in to that suggesting he somehow has control would be asserting he has an extent of dominance/power over the direction of the board.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, but I'd need a link to some sort of factual confirmation.
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

The only true sign this game is ending...

We log in and everyone gets the Back From The Hack Feat and the Batman Cowl to go with it....

...and then get the Feat "Enjoy it while you can."
    • Like x 4
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

ahhhhh ok, gotcha. What sucks is that the people were laid off right at the first of Dec.
    • Like x 1
  19. Proxystar #Perception

but only if you pay $5
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Don't take what I am saying as the gospel or as factual but................

I've been in the middle of deals like this and know from experience that this is what usually happens. New investors get what they want because its usually written into the contract before they invest. The company bringing in the new investor usually if not always bows to the needs/wants of the new investors because they need that money. In the end it's the investors money and........... there's usually an out (time clause) for the investor if the company bringing them aboard does not satisfy their needs/wants within the allotted time.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.