Downtime Daybreak Extended Maintenance - April 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 16, 2021.

1. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Thank you
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I did notice that the grant menu for the maintenance gift did not pop up for my level 12 character; perhaps it has a level requirement. If it does, I assume that level would be in the 20's, as your character needs to be within that level range to do the Artifact Mission so the Seals of Preservation can be used.
  3. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

It has to be something like that, however I have another PSN account that I has a level 17 toon on and I thought I'd give it a try on her and she was able to receive the grant and the previous grant as well(50 badges and 25 marks). So I don't know what's going on.

Another weird thing is that same alt can NOT queue into the stabilizer event with my PC alt, it says her level is too low.
  4. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

You may need to blind queue the stabilizer event with that toon to see if that works. I usually do not queue the stabilizer event on my lower toons because I am too busy getting them through the leveling content and feats.

As far as this gift, I am not sure what is going on either but I appreciate it nonetheless.
    • Like x 1
  5. Stanktonia Dedicated Player

Ty for the gift
  6. inferno Loyal Player

Look at all those wasted Dots. Tsk, tsk, tsk!
    With a dot, and dot here,
    a dot, oh,dots there.
    So much Dots, too much dots.
    Ol' McDonald gots not dots.
    Ee. I. Ee. I. Oooooooo.
  7. Moira New Player

How do I get the gift? I'm pretty new to the game and have no idea what I'm doing lol
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ok. Well, not sure the cutoff, but I'd guess it's pretty low (this kind of 'everyone gets it' stuff is normally level 20 or so...maybe 30). If it were that much of an issue, you know you can NOT accept the gift till the 26th (I know...too late now), then could have worked that toon up to that magic point pretty quick more than likely. I suppose that spot might be something higher like 50, 100 or 200 CR, but I'd doubt it.

I'll admit having the 'gift' icon on the screen for days on end is a hassle, but sometimes it comes in hand. Claiming a gift late is beneficial sometimes...like for the toons I have that are NOT 322 yet, but are going to be there in a few days, I'm not claiming the adaptives till they reach it...so they can get the proper ones, not the <322 event level ones.

Anyhoo, it's 2x source this week, should take the edge off at least. Put that alt on the corner and have it make you your source 'money'.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the stab run is like level 12 or so. I thought it was 10, but when getting a new account revved up one time I could also not get in when I thought I'd be able to....I believe it was 12 though...maybe 15. And when you cross the threshold, you need to pop out and back in to be able to queue I think. I think it looks at the level when you start the session, unlike other journal or on duty stuff where it is available as soon as you cross the threshold.
  10. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I don't think I would be capable of leaving that grant menu up for too long, lol. I already have my HUD as small as possible, and it fades away when inactive as I don't like having things on screen that get in my way. I eventually would have probably just accepted the grant without thinking about it.. :D

But it's honestly not too much of an issue, I know how to grind for source marks if I really need to do so, I just didn't want to bother with it when that time came.

Well it's weird because that toon could run the stabilizer event with randoms, it just couldn't run it with my PC alt that was at end game level.

I tried again when I accepted the grant and it still did not allow them to team up together to run the stabilizer event. The last time I queued for it on that alt, another low leveled character got into the room with me. So maybe it forces lower leveled toons to queue in together, which would be very odd if that is the case as they would be the ones that need a teammate that has access to more of their abilities, sp, etc.

I'm not saying it is 100%, it could have just been chance that I got in with another lower leveled character. But the fact I can't even queue in with my PC alt, kind of supports that it doesn't let them queue in with higher leveled characters.. maybe.

Whatever it is, I'd like to know more about this from the devs. Maybe there is some kind of invisible barriers/thresholds on specific things in the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, seems wacky. I pretty much only run stabs now teamed with myself and have not run into this...however, I don't run any sub 30 toons on any of the accounts.
    • Like x 1
  12. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Yeah same here, I always run my PS4 and PC together through the stabilizer event and all of my active toons are 200+ CR.

It's not that big of a deal for me as I don't really use that account, I just made it because I had an extra PSN account and I wanted to try out DCUO as a F2P player.

I will contact the devs about it to see what they have to say, and I'll report back here if they respond.
  13. The Game Well-Known Player

this made me laugh harder than it should have LOL.