Downtime Daybreak Extended Maintenance - April 20, 2021

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Extended Maintenance

All worlds will be taken offline for 24 hours in conjunction with a major Daybreak-wide maintenance on April 20, 2021.

This downtime impacts all Daybreak titles. No changes are being made to DCUO during this downtime.

The downtime will begin at 12AM PT on April 20, 2021 (midnight between April 19-20), and is expected to last 24 hours, until 12AM PT on April 21 (midnight between April 20-21).

We apologize for this long outage and the inconvenience caused by its necessity.

Thank You & Gift

As a token of our appreciation, we have prepared a gift for all players to be delivered after the maintenance is complete.

Here's what you get IF WE DO come up within the expected 24 hours:
    • Thank You Gift (over $25 in value)
      • 2 Unlocked Knight of Vengeance Time Capsules
      • 2 Seals of Preservation
      • 12,500 Artifact XP
      • 100 Replay Badges
      • 100 Source Marks
    Here's what you get instead IF WE DO NOTcome up within the expected 24 hours:
    • Oops! Thank You Gift (over $37 in value)
      • 3 Unlocked Knight of Vengeance Time Capsules
      • 3 Seals of Preservation
      • 18,750 Artifact XP
      • 150 Replay Badges
      • 150 Source Marks
    Note: the gift can be claimed once per account and will be granted to the active character. To claim the gift, players must log in by April 27, 2021.

Update: PC login issues persisted about 15 minutes past the expected downtime. Everyone on all servers has been granted the larger gift.
    • Like x 31
  2. zNot Loyal Player

Out of topic: when will Flashtastic voyage be up on Live servers?

Edit: just seen the patchnotes for the hotfix thanks!
  3. Berza Committed Player

Three long downtimes in three weeks. I appreciate the gifts but would appreciate more to be able to play the game I pay for.
    • Like x 3
  4. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Thanks for the heads-up!
  5. The Cat-Lady Well-Known Player

Thanks for this announcement and for offering two types of rewards as a contingency!

I would hope for the larger set of gifts (not too long over the 24 hours, but enough to qualify for the greater gifts), but I don't wanna get beaten up in the parking lot, so I'll hush now!

RAWR! :p
    • Like x 4
  6. Jonathan Lemus New Player

hola, estan buenos los regalo pero a lo personal preferiria un Episodio ya que soy de venezuela y debido a la economia del pais es muy costoso comprar algun DLC por dificil que sea de creer, ya que sus regalos esta valorado en 25$-37$, con 2 episodios seria feliz o 1 que seria sitema de guaridas..!! :):p
  7. Vicious Well-Known Player

This is brilliant. Servers come up early and people are happy they get to play sooner, servers come up late, people are happy with the extra rewards. I want to root for the "oops" rewards considering I wouldn't be able to play at that time anyway, but I'm going to refrain because I just had a really busy week at work and I empathise with the developers.

Either way, appreciate the notice and the compensation. Cheers!
    • Like x 1
  8. PTFreeze Well-Known Player

mhm ok that gifts are nice but 24 hours thats a loooong time :( i hope its the lasttime this month
    • Like x 2
  9. SilenceSpeaks10 New Player

As much as I hate having so much maintenance work I'm also very glad ya'll are doin it so we can play and not have any hang ups. Thanks for everythin yall do! And thanks for the gifts, they aren't even necessary!:)
  10. Leew New Player

Hmm, just now saw this (after logging in) and I don't think the gift matched either of the two listed. Only 25 source marks if I remember right and maybe 25 extra replay badges. Did the amount go down? I'll double check.
  11. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

psst, the game is gonna be down on 4-20 because you all know what everyone gonna be doin...and playing the game ain't it. lol

Always good for a heads up!
    • Like x 2
  12. ClowninAround Well-Known Player

Look at the date they posted. It's all day next Tuesday. The 25 you got was for the previous small bit of downtime.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brutmeister New Player

to me it is wonderful for sure it will help to keep my motivation and pull me to think to buy a membership sooner than i would think
  14. HalJordan Active Player

Thanks for the heads up, hopefully whatever is broken gets fixed.
  15. Starblast Well-Known Player

I think we should get a rare material also of our choice for all toons that is account bound. and the Ooops! Gift just in case. This way if you don't have one this will help others. OR if you do have all of then cuz ur rich you can trade them or I dunno...something. Just a suggestion.
    • Like x 1
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. seeg88 New Player

so, the team wanted an unofficial holiday. anyone else notice the date? i wonder what else is going on that day o_O
    • Like x 1
  18. Casey Jaymz Active Player

I think it should start today tbh because there's alot of work that needs to be done for instance the renown for consoles crashes the app & I think that's enough of an excuse to get on it now rather than later.
  19. myandria Item Storage

:D
  20. Miss Adora Loyal Player

That's fine, I do have other games to play