Cursed Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chrisnoly, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That sounds ridiculous until you realize that's exactly what happens sometimes. I've seen the "bloody knife" collection listed multiple times then fall off at 225, then 180, then 150 and then re-appear back at 350 for some reason. The issue is that if a billionaire comes in and wants it and happens to see the 350 listing, boom...the price bar just got set higher. The best part is that at the same time the 'Bloody Knife" was 350, the Wings of Sin style you get by collecting it was 150. Some people just don't know how to use the broker.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  2. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I agree that broker prices have gotten ridiculously high, but the laws of supply and demand have not been repealed in DCUO. If people weren't getting that much money for what they're offering, they'd stop offering it, in the aggregate. There will always be outliers, but that's not significant.

I've not averse to listening to proposals for improving the broker, but overall, the laws of supply and demand still constrain the broker.
    • Like x 1
  3. Proxystar #Perception

I still say turn the broker into an auction house.

Take the power away from the sellers and put it in the hands of the buyers.

By all means the seller can set a reserve but this would then put the power in the hands of the buyers who then get to decide what the items really worth through bidding.

If people want direct sales then there's always trade chat.
    • Like x 2
  4. Xibo Loyal Player

My only one issue with Time Capsules is this....

I would end the stabilizer duo and i would transfer them to the old content, for example....

Solos and Duos - 1 fragment each one
    Alerts and Raids - 2 fragments each one

With this measure, we have more people playing old content.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This would allow people to collect way too many stabilizers for free....no way they are doing that, unless you can cap the daily amount you can collect. Nice thought, but will never happen. Better chance of them giving (as some have suggested) members 1 stabilizer a day vs the fragments.

I do agree with dropping the stabilizer duo though. Put it in the vault and drop them like Nth Metal or the other random junk. I guess this would be an issue as the stabilizers are account bound loot locks and vault is toon bound. or just make it a mission we can complete in the watchtower like the 'free' mark you get daily in the events....walk up, push a button, get fragments.....step 3-profit!

Reinheld
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Increase stabilizer fragments to 12, 6, 4 respectively for legendary, prem, freemium.

Add to the loot table stabilizer fragments ranging from 1 to 3 as rare drops.

x2 stabilizer fragments to all vendors for 50 of any marks. 50 MoV, titan creds, gold bonds, etc etc.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Proxystar.. i actually like that idea.

Take the power away from the sellers and put it in the hands of the buyers.:) Just, maybe
  8. stärnbock Devoted Player

i gave in to the cursed capsule and opened plenty, because i think the capsules have improved a lot lately... however:
    i never received any of those hand auras.... is there something broken or is it that rarety again that drove me away?
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You get all of them when you complete their related collection.
    • Like x 3
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

As Mepps said, the hand auras are a collection reward for "Rituals of Alchemy", all 5 runic hand auras are in a cache box that gets mailed to you when collection is completed
    • Like x 2
  11. Brit Loyal Player

Yes, it is expensive. It is a revenue generator. It's what keeps the game bumping out new chapters, which is a big improvement from launch when we actually had gaps of 12+ months without a new raid. This current era of DCUO is so far superior to when I started that, if these are the concessions we have to make to support it, I can accept that.

The content is all doable without the need to accomplish every single feat. The nature of the beast has changed, so that now, rather than players basically needing to complete 90% of the feats in order to max out their combat stats, which was essentially needed in order to run the highest tier of content, we can easily get by doing 50% or less of feats. And the Time Capsules create feats with tradable elements (styles and collections), so their are alternative avenues to complete them. AND stabilizers are given to everyone for free, but twice as many are given to subscribers, so everybody can open some of the capsules, but members get far more stabilizers just from their daily fragments, allowing them to open a half dozen EXTRA capsules every month, as a part of their subscription benefit.

None of this seems glaringly inappropriate to me. Subscribers get value for their money. There are things monetized to buy in the store. The same materials are available freely through normal gameplay, even for free-players. And players are welcome to trade, which fosters a positive player-driven economy. Sure, you won't get a Void Essence without selling your firstborn child, but back at launch there were feats for styles that you couldn't complete without a power-change token.

And in the end, it's all optional. There are so many feats, so many skill points available, that you can quite easily run the toughest content in the game while entirely ignoring whole sections (the way so many of us choose not to PvP). So if you don't like Time Capsules, well, you don't even have to ignore them. You can still run free Stabilizers and open as many as you can for free, and either take what you get, trade it away to others, or sell it all in order to increase your in-game money. And if you don't get every single feat from every single time capsule... that's okay.
  12. stärnbock Devoted Player

thx for the information ^^'