Cursed Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chrisnoly, Oct 15, 2018.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

I haven't tried to buy the collections for feats yet, but making it so the rare styles can't be put on broker was a step back imo, but if they are under 100mil to complete that's not to bad compared to past style prices
    • Like x 1
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

A word of advice OP: it's much easier if you just stop caring. Stop chasing SP. Forget about feats. Forget about elite.

Just play when you feel like it, only sub if you want to use the broker for style items, otherwise just run event, lol. You'll be a lot less stressed that way, and you'll have free time to try out other games if you seem something you like.
    • Like x 2
  3. High Troller Loyal Player

I'm feeling the force, forcing me to buy in. Must resist!
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

You know I have to say, the many players the OP mentions are certainly feeling the lack of respect as they walk around with the new auras and materials. The Devs certainly dont respect them and you know, there are rights being violated. The people who ask for free auras and materials are treated unfairly. They should be given these items for free, paying no virtual and real currency. How dare these many players walk around with these items and the beggars left with nothing.

Call me. Im a lawyer and Im here to make sure your rights arent violated by being forced to pay for items that you absolutely have a choice in buying or not because its completely optional especially the direction you can go about getting such items. Call me. Im here for YOU!
    • Like x 5
  5. tukuan Devoted Player

Since the launch of capsules I've spent less than 2000 SC on them total. One resurgence and a few stabilizers here and there. To boot that was all from the monthly stipend, TBH I've not bought SC in the last 3 years just subbed.

From that, I've completed all of the gear style feats, all of the emblem feats and 15 of the 38 (pre-CGTC) collection styles. All of that just from a combination of being patient, selling collections when they were in demand and buying when they were in supply.

I've never felt compelled to spend any, let alone 100s of dollars and for the feats I'm unlikely to get I put them right next to other feats I won't bother chasing like elite raid feats and LPVE grinding feats.

I get that they aren't some people's cup of tea and that's fine. What I don't get is how anyone can whip themselves into a fury over them. You don't like em then don't open them. You can complain about the feats but let's be totally clear 18-20 SP (the rare collections) might make a difference if you have 150 or less SP but at over 150 they don't make a game changing difference and again certainly not enough IMO to justify all this gnashing of teeth and rending of garments.
    • Like x 1
  6. chrisnoly New Player

Because there are only a few feats, there are 12 TC's so far, almost 50 skill points, all for something that is paid in addition to the signature.
    • Like x 1
  7. chrisnoly New Player

They are not better, they get much worse, you can not now distribute the items between your characters, the new feats ask you to use everything in 1 single char, this is abusive, drops are still bad because this is the basis of monetization.
    And I do not look poor, I am, I am not North American, I do not pay things in dollars, I do not live full of money, I pay for signing a game for 6 long years, I have the right to use all my alts and to get items that influence the progression of my chars without paying more for it, selling extra items should be optional, is not it. And all you say to defend this is: do not get the feats and feel good for paying and not get everything, because the game does not reward who plays but rather who pays extra.
    And after the conversion of currencies, the costs are too high.
  8. chrisnoly New Player

Mistakes happen because google translates things like this, I'm sorry I do not speak your language fluently

Let me fix it also about another error:
    I am not a new player without merit who has now appeared against those who are here without complaining after years of gambling. You who are arrogant and do not know anything about anyone's life and come here to talk nonsense.

I play 6 years or more, I've been here since the first month of playing on the PC. I have 11 characters, all in the cr 246+, because of this new "Daybreak" tactic of Daybreak only 1 in cr 250, all with more than 300 sp, my main has more than 400 skills, and I claim together to the players who have complained since the launch of the first TC's, it turns out that 90% of these good players have already left the game and all you see now is a small portion of players who realize how empty the server is on a Sunday. But you at the top of your knowledge, never mind that the population is coming down is not it?

my text may contain flaws, complain to google and its translation service. English is not my native language and neither does it double the currency in my country. Be aware.
    • Like x 1
  9. chrisnoly New Player

No, sorry but I disagree.
    You can not will buy EASILY 90% of things, it's very hard to get 50% off the prices are astronomical. those of the new cursed Time capsule cost around 600 million, 200 million each collection, are 3 and I did not even put the value of everything even, added, just by the top and without the gear.
    There are still seals, no one here has spoken of the fact that they have been removed and without it you WILL NOT be able to advance your artifacts.
    This whole claim is because these things you can not "play" in the long run, it's a simple pay-and-win, and for a long time the game prioritizes these sales rather than prioritizing the gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  10. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Oh yeah I've been there and I feel your pain, at least in terms of Google translate. Thanks for clarifying though.
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Ah, thx for reminding me. I need to update my sig!
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I disagree with your pricing, it's far fetched too(plus no one buys the top broker items if there's many lower ones. ;) ) Yes there is that one collection that has the 100+ mil rare piece. That's the collection I usually skip unless I get the rare piece. For the new collections, from the vampire head and the corruption cape collection, I've probably spent about 65-67mil, 30mil for both rare pieces, 5-7mil for the few missing collections, when I opened the capsules (I seriously opened maybe 25) with my saved up stabilizers, I gotten 9/12 for the cape and 7/12 for the vampire head. Gear wise, I spent around 8,...9 mil, also gotten most of the regular set from opening then got lucky buying the enhanced set. Having stocked up stabilizers does help

Yea, unfortunately, seals were made account bound, it may return later in the game if the devs fix whatever it was getting abused for. I do wish to see those come back some time, I got lucky and stocked up on some before they got made account bound, I still think seals of preservation should have a chance to drop in game since the completion seal is around.

Pay-to-win only applies to those who want feats day one, to get it faster. You literary can avoid most of it. For example, in time capsules, if you stock up on stabilizers (running stabilizer event, free monthly 500dbc) and play the broker (sometimes you have to wait to buy things if you want it at a reasonable price on the broker) It's easy to get the current capsule stuff when it's recent, and now second chance vendor also helps some players get things they may have missed in the first two capsule.

However I do understand your pain with these, I'm not much a fan myself with time capsules since I have horrible luck opening them (especially the older time capsule set up before it got changed) I agree with Tybee that they are better in a way now since we can pick what we want, older capsules I always gotten the tactical mods or emblems no one wanted
    • Like x 1
  13. chrisnoly New Player

Hello, well, what I can say is that for me it was never like that and it was not like that for about 30 friends playing for years, long before the TC's.
    I always save keys, I always open on average 20 to 25 capsules, the CT that I spent less was Qwardian, about 110 million.
    This Cursed I opened exact 15 (had opened several ressurgence) of the 15 the situation was:
    Collections: 2/12, 3/12, 1/12 pieces of gear: 1 chest, 1 leg, 1 enhanced shoulder, 1 enhanced boot, 1 purple bligthed aura, 1 purple Blighted aura - hand
    Even though I always open about 20 TC's I've never been able to get enough Fragments to open another and the collections never exceeded 4/12 parts.
    It is a pain to have to stay all day in the broker to make 100 million in 1 month just to buy items, knowing that in about 1 month we will do the same thing, infinite.
    The seals were not 1 but 10 steps dehind. In my league and in several other many players gave up when they were withdrawn from the broker.
    • Like x 2
  14. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I see your point, guess in a way I have some luck finishing most of these dam things, yea for me with my many alts, most collections I miss(not including the rare piece) sometimes is 300-700k. However usually the expensive of the three collections, those common collections are 1-3mil, I can't afford those, and since rare piece it's normal way over priced, I don't try for those anymore, one day I'll get it
  15. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

No offense here cuz I know you’re a great guy, but I’m not sure what his post and our addiction to the IP have to do with one another. ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. LastSonOfEarth Committed Player

It’s kind of sad to see this taken less seriously then it could be. User experience is everything, so for anyone to act like they’ve got it all figured out and OP doesn’t is simply absurd; in both thinking and treatment of a peer. If his/her original post was more eloquent (but more importantly if the forums weren’t mostly just the hardcore fans left over from the glory days long gone) this topic would get the ‘respect’ it deserves. :)

As a professional in not only business consulting, but user/guest/member/customer experience, it’s easy to see the good from the bad and the ugly from a business strategy perspective. In fact, I literally now get paid to tell companies like DBG what they could do to better brand loyalty and user interaction. If you don’t see any sense to what OP said, you’re entitled to miss the point, but it doesn’t mean they’re wrong or innacurrate. In fact they’re simply mimicing the past cries of these same concerns about the direction of the game. The only difference these days is most of those people gave up and took their money elsewhere. That’s not really a victory for any of us, regardless of which side of the debate you’re on.
    • Like x 8
  17. Dene Devoted Player

TCs are not responsible for the downsize in population - there are a LOT of reasons.. if TCs impacted things it was a lot less than ppl thought
  18. JackUSPS Well-Known Player

Your presented facts to back up that claim are impressive.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

I was simply pointing out that the decline in population has been very gradual.. so attributing to just TCs is impossible

(every time a GU changed something in this game there'd be mayhem and threads like this about certain changes killing the game etc - they all contributed )
  20. MajorPrankster Active Player

Any good business person knows you cannot please all of the people all of the time.

ANY choice a game company makes will upset _someone_ that is over-invested in whatever is changed.
    This is human nature.
    Anyone with the right brain chemistry that forces them into a state where they think they 'must have' a virtual item that they cannot attain can fall into metal pothole the OP expresses.

The current profitable mode for games happens to be microtransactions that some people have decided are morally wrong.
    They are, as you point out, entitled to thier opinions.
    Does not mean those opinions are any more valid than the overwhelming number of opinions that fuel the microtransactions.

This whole 'respect' idea seems more and more popular as a rallying cry as of late.
    It's as silly as the rest, IMO.

It's a business to make money that offers goods and services.
    Buy them or not.

Trying to shame a business for making money is like trying to shame a stripper for taking off thier clothes.
    • Like x 3