Cursed Time Capsules

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by chrisnoly, Oct 15, 2018.

1. chrisnoly New Player

The lack of respect for the many (yes you know there are many) that ask for the end of feats in the capsules reached its peak with the cursed time capsules, now not only do we have more than 3 skill points linked to them as we have, once again feats of opening capsules, that's right, we are forced to open to do feats, more than that, we still have to make more collections of drop rate impossible, until today I have never completed any collection of them without the broker, the items are in absurd values ​​and abusive like wings of destiny, sandstorm aura and phoenix material, void material and all others, but what's the problem? Who cares?
    The devs have no respect or interest in players, subscribers, this is now a game where the subscriber has no rights, voice, opinion, is a game of only: buy, we oblige, buy, if you do not buy, you do not ! Or buy or get away!
    And so the vast majority of leagues are empty today, there are no players for regular content even on a Sunday. The villains' side is a ghost town.
    But what matters, we have the gold sellers to the hills getting fed up, we have a few Americans buying T'C the hundreds, we have the hackers!
    They matter, no matter what they take, I say, I can be banned ... It's incredible.
    I did the math, it costs around 600 million today to buy everything these cursed time capsules have brought, 600 million! Have not any developers seen this yet? Do not you care? Do you think this is easy to win?
    I did not raid this week, all day in the broker and I got ... 30 million, LOL! 30 million do not buy 1 of the parts of 1 of the collections that has 12 parts!
    That is to oblige the players to buy keys, you force us to do this or to leave the game, and many have already left ... How long? How much longer do we have to endure?
    And it is getting worse, before we had some feats, some auras, we could use more than 1 character, after all the game gives us 16 slots to make characters, why not have at least 3?
    But now, the game tells you: it is forbidden to have more than 1, everything is for only 1, rewards, rewards, redeem items, items bought ON ACCOUNT, collections that give OP items are an insult, you are lucky, playing every day will do 1, maybe (not sure the drop is crap).

You can not upload your other char, you can not even spend the time capsules! LOL did you KILL the secondary chars, did you destroy them and why? To buy, buy, buy! Abusive, absurd, shameful!
    Where are the topics about seals of completion?
    You talked about problems but I do not see a line about them, no one has complained about you forcing us to go to the Market place to complete the items or you turn off the complaints?
    What sadness the directions that this company gave to this great game, what sadness to see the lack of respect from you developers to the players.
    Long live the Time Capsules, as long as 2 or 4 players can afford it!

Rip DCUO! Dead after long years by a team that respected nothing but monetization.
    • Like x 3
  2. Malachyte Devoted Player

Very angry over a game and a few feats...why ?
    • Like x 2
  3. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Time Capsules are better than ever.

Between increased drop rates, more items added, choices we get to make on our own, etc.

You sound poor and sour.
    • Like x 9
  4. DoctorP2 Well-Known Player

Meh. So most people will not get a few style feats. Who cares? I know I'll never get the phoenix material or void feats, or the sandstorm aura, or a dozen or so other style/TC collection feats. Not a big deal. I don't pvp, so I don't get any of those feats, and you know what? I can play the game at the top tier just fine, tyvm.
    • Like x 8
  5. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

The lack of respect?
    I'm so tired of people playing the "respect card".

You buy the time capsules, you pay for the chance at the feat and the chance to get ahead other players, you only cry a-foul when it backfires.

There's no "respect" to be given. You people knew what you were buying when it comes to Time Capsules, and by all accounts you DID get what you paid for.

It has feats, it's always had feats since it's first introduction to the game.

It has cosmetics and materials.

It was always RNG, and RNG is RNG.

To me it seems like the only reason people hate on time capsules is not because there's feats in it, but it's because the feats aren't guaranteed.

If Time Capsules were another guaranteed route to get ahead of players much like Replay Badges is, I guarantee there would be far less complaints.
    But nope, it's always "There's no respect for the players"card around here.

If the backlash for TC's having feats was so big, people would wise up; and not cave into pressure to buy the feats and cosmetics before it goes away. But the opposite effect happens, and really..... The people who buy these things and continue to buy time capsules have themselves to blame.

Can I blame the developers for keeping feats in these? Sure.
    But I can also blame the players who keep insisting on buying these things with feats in them as it is, and then complaining about it.
    • Like x 7
  6. Schimaera Devoted Player

Meh, as well. Most of the feats are super easy to obtain. Enhanced style is getting cheaper and cheaper by the hour. Same goes for the normal style.
    Mats and Auras are cheap as heck. You can purchase the cheapest of every type and you would not pay more than 1,5 mil to get the 25pt feat.
    Vampire-Rare-Piece is like 18mil, that's nothing. Wayne Collection is a bit higher but still ok. Aura-Collection goes for a hundred mil or so. Yes, expensive, but you might have figured it out by now - there will always be an expensive collection. That's half a skill point you miss, if you don't care.

I saved through the whole Resurgence event and then some, opened around 80 with stabilizers I farmed (not with money) and am just missing the Philosopher Stone and the Vampire-collection (which I bought).
    By doing this I collected several doubles of green collections going for 16mil+, a few double enhanced styles and multiple materials of which I am saving the most til the capsule vanishes.

It is not hard to do that by just playing the game. The capules get more fair every time and while they are still RNG based you pretty much always get something worth selling. By doing that and selling just the capsules for the first two days you make enough to get that missing piece.

Also, since I've found nothing in that regard in the Terms of Service, it can be also save to just get a few more accounts, buy some Replay Badges (which you use to unlock stuff on your main account) and then just go in the stabilizer event with these accounts. There is nothing in the ToS that forbids you of having more than one account.
    So either spend nothing and bide your time, play the broker smart, get some accounts to get more keys or just let them be.

The devs already stated multiple times, that they are not doing away with feats and that the capsules are here to stay.

Besides, I personally just do the TC Feats because I like to have all feats. Yet the easy feats make new players catch up a bit faster -either because they decide to get a few TCs because they think styles are cool or by the broker. Nothing wrong with new players getting their SP up to max out their role. There will be idiots that require 450sp at some point for elite but they are ... well ... idiots. No harm done (in my opinion).

As for the "they force us to open them capsules". No they don't. Feel free to do so, or don't. It's all the same to us.
    And saving 15 stabilizers isn't that hard. Easy feats and a few mil ingame cash if you really don't care about what you get from the capsules.

It has nothing to do with a lack of respect. It's a business and it is run like one. They always have to weight the work they have to put into something against the outcome they expect. Many of the things players ask for here on the forums are cool ideas but would often require so much time and effort that the devs are just not willing to invest in it.
    Styles on the other hand are something way more players like - that's what the numbers tell them - and as long as this stays true, the capsules will stay. And if a capsule isn't received well (for example because the chances are too low or the items in it are not received well), the capsules will change again. Who knows, maybe they will then implement something as limited Marketplace purchases of rare items for 4000DB. But they will not go away from something that makes them good money.
    • Like x 2
  7. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

There is not force to buy stabilizers.

But the fact that the capsules aren't only for fun, styles and bonuses still leaves a bitter taste in my feelings for every TC release. Ranting and raging about that is a bit too much though....
    • Like x 1
  8. Jay Smeezy Dedicated Player

Dare i say it?......oooooh i cant resist.

YOU DONT HAVE TO OPEN THEM AT ALL! Problem solved. Mepps end this thread!
    • Like x 3
  9. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Kinda funny how people keep saying this even though there are some players have already begun their ninth year...

(PC Beta started October 8th, 2010 ;) )
    • Like x 8
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I despise time capsules.

I do.

But they are optional, even if they have skill points associated with them. There are a ton of feats I will never get, because I refuse to play certain pieces of content that I do not enjoy.

I still am able to complete instances without the SP.
    • Like x 2
  11. Brother Allen Loyal Player

DC has been deemed dead since the first month of live play. :p.

Seriously though, DC has only ever been legit "dead" once in the entire history of the game and that was the month it was offline because of the hack attack against Sony. I had just started getting into DC too right before that attack. I was so happy when the game came back online the following month. lol
    • Like x 4
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

If I had a dime for every time someone has declared DCUO dead, I'd be able to buy enough stabilizers to get all of the items from natural drops.
    • Like x 8
  13. Ralph Hinkley Active Player

It has nothing to do with respect and everything to do with revenue. It takes cash to keep the game going and yes it even needs to have a profit or what's the point to keep going and not move onto something else. Subscriptions are great but I don't think that has been making it for sometime now and they had to look to different ways to generate funds. So far the best they have right now is TC.

Sure they could just put the items on the market place but unless they have a feat attached to them I won't buy them. I don't come on here to play dress up. My character has had the same look for probably over 5 yrs minus an aura here and there. If they did decide to do that then all you will get is how people are buying feat poit's and they would be right.

I could be like some people and not buy stabilizers as i have over 400 skill points now and only get more to make it easier for my team but I like being able to play the game and it's my way to help support it along with my sub. So like many have said there are plenty of other ways to get skill points besides this as I don't even have them all but still have way more then needed. So buy if you want or don't and move on.
    • Like x 2
  14. tinoman Dedicated Player

I would really like that if you collected time capsule styles they are free to unlock on a alt characters. Because if i want negative speed force on 3 characters i have to pay in-game cash or real cash. 3 times. Which is crazy based on the flash bio drop rate. Hopes and dreams. At least be able to redeem on all characters thru marketplace redeem tab. Just throwing out ideas don't hold me to any flames.
  15. nawanda Loyal Player

It’s possible to pick apart the original post, but it’s not possible to pretend that there isn’t a lot of anger about feats in time capsules. It’s disingenous to deny that anger exists and that it is real.

It’s also disengenuous to pretend we are supposed to just ignore the associated feats. For two reasons:

1 - the game existed for 5 years in a form where we were encouraged to try to get ALL feats, and people are angry that this is now about something that is not actual gameplay

2 - with the reduced content release schedule, time capsule feats make up around 50% of all the feat points that are introduced into the game. Surely any fair minded person can see there’s something awry and divisive about that.
    • Like x 6
  16. Ralph Hinkley Active Player

I'll agree with you when this game first came out getting all the skill points was needed. That's not the case anymore the game has gone way more casual and we're not spending hours in a raid. Since coming back I haven't even seen a normal version raid that we haven't been able to just run right though on the first day.
    • Like x 1
  17. nawanda Loyal Player

Yeah I agree about the normal content being unchallenging, but there is still the elite content for those who don’t want it to be quite so easy. Most DLCs have at least one challenging elite feat worth 25/50 points. It’s a complete mockery that the typical TC has something like 8 SP of feats. It’s not enough - not nearly enough - to be a well organised and skilled player - you also have to either get the credit card out or become a part time broker hound, if you want to be a top end SP player. Which takes me back to my original point I guess.
    • Like x 4
  18. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

You can easily get 90% items via the broker after a few days, if you don't want to open them.

After opening tcs with my stocked up stabilizers, I buy what I'm missing to get to 90%. (Normally, for me, 90% is finishing two of the collections, the gear feats, emblems/artifact related stuff), I keep running the stabilizer fragment event daily and start saving the stabilizers.

Normally you can get 15-20 free stabilizers before the new capsule hits, then use those stabilizers on the newer capsule
    • Like x 1
  19. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

Sorry but that original post was so long and full of so many typos, grammatical errors, I just could not get through it. I gave it an effort, but I just couldn't take it anymore. I don't know why people (especially "new" players who have no merit to complain about a game that's been going on for several years, that they just started playing vs the ones that have been here much longer and have put up with it without complaint) have to create these rambling error filled threads that only comes out as senseless whining. As Smeezy said, end this thread please.
    • Like x 2
  20. Awsome Well-Known Player

This^^
    Not a single penny has to be spent on stabilizers. You get approx 12 a month. 2-3 months go by before the next one drops. Thats 24-36 stabilizers (not counting the bonus 3-4 stabilizers you will get in the TCs themselves). You open 15 to get the 15 feat and you have 9-21 stabilizers left over for next time. if your are lucky with what you open, you will only need to spend around 20-30 million on the market to complete what you need. Use the unused stabilizers to sell on the market to recoup your cost.

Rinse.

Repeat.

Not that hard.
    I am not a fan of time capsules, but the hate is getting ridiculous. Not a penny needs to be spent to get what you need. But if you want to speed it up, don't forget about the free 500 DBC you get as well. If you want to buy 20 more stabilizers, you can do so every four months.
    And, on the other hand, if you want to throw the company an extra $20 dollars to help support a game we all love, this is a good way to do it.
    • Like x 3