Cross-Faction Grouping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I at least wish we could merge LFG or have a new/separate merged LFG altogether to help with this, if nothing else. I've been having to switch to a hero just to watch LFG there because Vil side always quiet on Xbox
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

HOL and the current area help some as Shout crosses both sides, but it doesn't solve the problem, neither would a cross faction LFG. We need it, but we more importantly need a way in to the run. AQS solves that without the need for adding a few 'queue then leave' people. Queue in with 5, add your 3 predetermined opposing faction players...proceed.

Just last week I was on my tank. There was a few Vil shouting in OW Dark Knight DC for one (I'd guess LFG was coming up short) to do the 'Lords in order' feat. I offered to join if they could get in and inv, and lost interest by the time 10 min had passed as they looked for a 7th guy and a 'filler'. I could have switched to my vil to go in, then swapped once inside, but not till they got that 7th guy first. They either found someone else, or gave up...either way, it's a step we should not have to deal with at all as I'm guessing we could have 7 manned it easy.
    • Like x 2
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

On Xbox, shout chat is rarely used much anymore for LFG purposes unfortunately. Way more used for talking smack and dueling lol. I try to avoid HoL as much as possible; not only to avoid the toxic drama, but since it still is the only area on Series X that I crash in constantly as well.

But yeah I agree, and I'll take anything at this point.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Shout in the 'current' area sometimes garners results...but yeah a cross faction LFG would be better...although, anymore on PS/PC it's becoming the new Trade/Namecalling/Smack/Politics chat as well.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I guess it will be a while before we find out now, since Charon is gone :(

Hopefully not too long before we get some kind of update. It's kind of a big deal, afterall
    • Like x 1
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Well, to be fair we both know that can't be helped lol :p
    Is the villain side just as bad with all that? Not sure much it will make much of a difference. But that is also why I suggested a new Cross-LFG channel of sorts, separate from the current current-faction LFG
    • Like x 1
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I messaged Charon shortly before his last day at DI.

He said that this was the "New System" that was on the Roadmap 2021.

It got approved to enter development but due to everything thats going on currently, it got pushed back. Thats why it doesnt appear on the 2022 Roadmap.

Early 2023 is the earliest we can hope for. Most likely mid 2023 unless the problems at the studio persist over a longer period of time.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't spend a lot of time on Vil side anymore, but no...not as much BS chatter in LFG as shout or trade...of course, not as many villains either, so that's kind of hand in hand. And yeah...I know you were suggesting a 'new' LFG channel....however, I'd guess it would be swamped with the same nonsense. Honestly I'd see Villains pitching a fit over the new influx of nonsense in chat....although really, the new channel would mainly benefit villains. Double edged sword there.
    • Like x 2
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Thank you for this! That is great news, even if it doesn't happen soon. Idk why they removed it from the "future" section though, I really just hope the idea doesn't get scrapped.
  10. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

With all of the upheaval at Dimensional Ink, it makes perfect sense to remove it from the roadmap, because otherwise people will expect it to come soon. And when it doesn't, out come the pitchforks.
  11. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]

the population issue isn't really something they should be pushing aside
    if the OG WOW can break up the horde and the alliance

then we can become antiheroes

fix your game whatever devs are left
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

I'm not saying Don't Do It...i'm saying don't mention it officially anywhere until they can actually work on the project and are close to reveal.
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

A little too late for that though.
    In a way, it was already there on the last roadmap, and thus we were promised a "new system". It could have still been placed in the "future" section, since the future is uncertain, but removed entirely... Worrisome.
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Worrisome would be if they had left it and then nothing came. This is the very reason why they had abstained from roadmaps or dropping hints of things to come. Change happens, but instead of taking things in stride, people speculate the worst with only a few crumbs of information.
  15. Skoll Well-Known Player

Retaining players should always be in the top priorities of MMOs tbh, split servers AND split factions AND split regions isn’t a good idea with even a 100k+ playerbase, let alone under 10k and I bet that number is probably half that on xbox even with a region merge. With so many devs leaving and forcing them to bridge a 6 month gap with recycled content, It’ll be interesting to see the next roadmap…
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's where the worrisome part comes in. If they scrapped the idea entirely. I'm all for slow baby steps but it scares me if they aren't persuing the idea anymore, because right now the population on Xbox (especially Vil side) is ATROCIOUSLY low. If we aren't going to get server merges, cross-faction stuff if the best direction to go about it.

I miss you Charon! I really hope this plan didn't go away when you left.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

For those on Xbox if interested: There is a channel called "Global" you can join in which is a general hero and villain chat/LFG :)
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Hi devs! Just curious, would you just so happen to still be considering this aspect? Or did it get scrapped? Any response would be lovely. Thanks! Happy 4th of July! :)
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Bumpp
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

I hope this wasn't indefinitely put on hold due to the recent staffing changes.
    • Like x 1