Cross-Faction Grouping

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Jan 26, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Bump :)
    • Like x 1
  2. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, that's what I'm very worried might have happened.
    • Like x 1
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I feel like this should have been a priority :/
    It would immensely help the population issues, bring the community together better, and still ties in with the lore of the game.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Would be beneficial. Even an LFG channel that is cross faction would be helpful, as a placeholder could be used to Queue a raid/instance for the villain seeking to join.

Also, considering it's often enough that villains are doing bounties with heroes, healing/reviving them would be a nice function to add if we can't get grouping yet.
    • Like x 1
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah exactly. Charon had mentioned it as a "baby step" toward this direction on page 1 of this thread:
    There hasn't been any word of where this motion stands, however :(
    • Like x 2
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That would be more frustrating than helpful i believe, unless it shows Hero or villain next to the name and even then you would get players from the wrong faction to try and join a group. Also i think that there are still some instances left that dont have cross-faction support. If thats the case it would be even more problematic.

A cross-faction Lfg channel should only happen once everything else is sorted out imo.
  7. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yes, that would be the idea, to see (V) or (H) like they did when they made Shout and Say chat cross-faction in which was pretty recent. That was also one of the mentioned "baby steps" toward the long term goal. I've already suggested that they could even have a new "separate" LFG tab for cross-faction. This alone would help tremendously while we wait (hopefully) until the real system finally comes around.

As for instances that aren't cross-faction, there are only a few like that, not enough to worry about any more than we already do currently.
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, until we can group, I doubt it will amount to much. You don't see a lot of groups being formed for raids in OW or HOL shouts and that's cross faction already. Granted it's zone specific, but still, the few shouts you see for a group, I never see "hold up, I'll get on my hero toon so I can switch later back to my villain once we are in". The bulk of time time I see people switch in run it's a league or group of friends where 1 guy switches to an alt after getting in. Generally not an 'open call' person who joined randomly.

Unless we added AQS....then you could just enter with 6 or 7 and invite those opposite faction players after you are in.:D In that case X-faction chat would be great.
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I don't know about PCPS, but Xbox definitely needs something (anything) done to help. Especially for Villain side. Yesterday (reset day), I was on for 5 hours running weeklies/maintenance for 6 toons (at around noon EST to 5pm) and Villain LFG was completely blank for the duration of it. The only one who posted it in was me, trying to form a group for TSW reg, to no avail (zero responses). Sure, I made use of a semi-cross faction custom channel to grab attention, but it really shouldn't be that way, since it still doesn't reach many :/

The struggle is real.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Again (a week later now), 3pm on a Friday afternoon and couldn't even get a TSW reg started (no responses in a completely dead villain LFG), had to switch to hero and ask them eheh. Still barely got it going, but better than nothing.

P.S. I was also solo queued for Event Mode on an alt after that, and even that took an entire 30 minutes to pop, just to be declined, but that's a different story entirely XD
    (It eventually did and I looted Enhanced Emblem Batman Who Laughs finally, yay)

Still wish I knew if they were considering looking into these things or if they decided to just toss the whole idea after Charon left :/

(Especially since supposedly it was the "new system" that was on the dev timeline at one point)
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Devs, please look into making a new separate Cross-Faction LFG (or merging like you did say/shout chat). I will bake you cookies! Thanks :)
    • Like x 1
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

[IMG]
    Beep boo bop.... BUMP XD
    • Like x 1
  13. Henoshock Well-Known Player

Even on USPS villain side is pretty dead at the moment. I've resorted to visiting every phase in HoL and shouting hoping heroes aren't AFK if I want to run random stuff.
    • Like x 2
  14. GermanM Committed Player

This could help a lot, the problem´s to find group sometimes are great even in hero side, i cannot imagine the villain´s life in this aspect, i hope dev´s could make this possible.
    • Like x 1
  15. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

It's a rough life, for sure :p
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

la bump des rêves
  17. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

Reported for resurrecting a dead thread, which is against forum rules.
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

...what? This thread is not dead.
    • Like x 1
  19. Eve YouTuber

That would be more relevant to threads from previous years. It's not a dead thread
    • Like x 1
  20. Dubb Lantern Well-Known Player

If it’s dead enough to need a bump, then it’s dead. If it’s not dead, don’t bump it.

Either way, bumping is against the rules.