Creative Director Jens Andersen Reveals DCUO's Next DLC Pack, Amazon Fury Part I!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Jafin 10000 Post Club

How are my dates off? Obviously I couldn't remember them off the top of my head (that would be crazy) so I went to the DC wiki to get them. According to that WotL Part 1 was released on the days that I mentioned. If it's wrong then fine, like I said I obviously can't remember them off the top of my head.

As for my "guarantee" I stand by it. Larry Liberty already said that DLC 10 will be released between GU36 and GU37 and we typically get a new GU about once a month. GU36 has already gone into the second week of testing so it will most likely hit Live next week (yes I am aware there have been exceptions where GUs have stayed on Test a little longer than two weeks, but most stay on for two weeks). My prediction after that is that DLC 10 will hit Test maybe Friday of next week, stay there for a week and a half or two weeks and then get released for Legendary subscribers and then for the rest of the community within a week later.

I don't know why you're talking about OC and when that was released, it has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm guesstimating when DLC 10 will be released due to the fact that they made the announcement 2 weeks ago, which suggests that it's close to completion.
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

We have not seen any T6 vendor gear yet, only the stuff that will be on the rare styles vendor. We still have yet to see the actual vendor gear with stats attached.
  3. DC-Doll New Player

Then what was the video that SmileB4Death posted around the 30th?
  4. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It was exactly what I said in the post: the rare style vendor gear. There were no stats attached, they were only styles, like Vestments of Rage. I am talking about Tier vendor gear with stats attached such as Scion of Ion, The Last Aurochs, Kryptonian Commander etc. Unless of course those three styles are there as a mistake, which is possible, but the fact they all cost 70MoF each rather than the standard 40-60 suggests that there is still at least one set of actual Tier gear we have yet to clap eyes on.
    • Like x 1
  5. DC-Doll New Player

In all fairness, I finished the Vestments style after about 2-3 runs. Granted I bought one missing style piece off the vendor, but it's safe to say others can say about the same?
  6. DC-Doll New Player

Agreed. Used to spend 30-40 bucks a week in replays for Paradox. Not to be the best, but simply for one piece of on role 88 gear. THEN I'd be happy. Not doing that again.
  7. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

as im sure everyone else is wondering when is the release date?

its been on test for what? 1-2 weeks now... all due to the combat mechanics side of the GU,, how long do you all needa work on that before you realize that idea is garbage to start with? just give us T6 and WM and leave everything else alone, and just put it in works to buff the other powers.
  8. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

You do realize that Amazon Fury is not on test right now o_O
    • Like x 3
  9. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

yes but the developers can give a "estimated" time to when they believe it will be out for all to play.
  10. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

so we have some kind of time frame to look forward to
  11. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

I'll give you the answer they give to everyone else

Soon.
    • Like x 3
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's not wise for them to do that just yet as if they don't deliver within that time then people will complain, as usual. I firmly stand by my belief that we will have AF Part 1 by the end of April.
    • Like x 2
  13. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

By the way don't think I'm being rude in any way from my responses, I will clearly state if I am frustrated or disagreeing with anyone.
    Hmmm, I don't know, I mean they have their plates full with all the power balancing they are going to be doing in the future, and they also have to get WP system on internal test and finish all the animations for it plus the other parts of the DLC itself ie. content.
    • Like x 1
  14. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

to me soon would be by end of april or even mid april at the earliest but thats me as im bored AF and looking for new content to do
  15. NewAgeHLDPS New Player

I dont :)

as everyone has their opinions and voice, their allowed to voice them as they please.
    • Like x 1
  16. Celestial Paragon Dedicated Player

My suggestion on that would be keep grinding out those Feats until you have no more left to do, It not only helps your character get stronger than the character already is and also gives you something to do, If you don't want to do that I would suggest exploring the opposite faction. If you are on USPS come hang out with us lol, We'll cure your boredom in no time :).

There's lots of ways to cure boredom in this game you just have try them.
  17. TrueOlympus New Player

Can you please consider the changes presented in the Thread below? The new styles are kinda(extremely) similar to the current game Amazonian styles. They are also too similar to each-other as a set.

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...smetic-request-for-revealed-t6-styles.198856/

Edit: Also, are you guys aware that the armor on these sets are not all the same hue? Meaning that red on one of them look different than red on another. That has to become consistent. Hell, the Peltast style set(far left), actually has a different red hue/texture on its chest armor and on its leg skirt armor. Clearly two different metallic textures. If the hues are not consistent throughout all the armor pieces and gear sets, the numerous looks of which you speak of, won't be so numerous.

Please make them consistent
    • Like x 2
  18. Valsmurf Loyal Player

yes, please! I have no idea why they put sleeves and tights on those. If you google roman soldiers or roman hoplites or w/e you will find 99-100% of the images do not have those silly looking cloths under the armor.

And that's for the males, if you google Amazonian warrior, the amount of skin showing on those female outfits is staggering :O

I know Jens said he personally wants to go away from the sexy and revealing outfits, for reasons we may or may not agree with, but common, this is a video game! What's the main demographic for video games? Young males who don't mind revealing outfits, quite the contrary. On top of that this is a comic book based game, and who is the main demo for comic books? Yup...

And it's not just revealing female outfits that sell well and are appreciated by young male players, also outfits for male characters which show muscle definition are very appreciated. Muscles give a sense of power and strength, which is why 99% of superhero outfits in comics highlight muscle definition. Do you think Sly Stalone, Arnold, Vin Diesel or The Rock would be action movie superstars if they weren't so muscular? Their films are directed at young males as well.

We ask for slim-line, form-fitting outfits because we like to see our bodies, and the definition of our muscles. Regardless of whether you play a male or female character, skin sells. Reducing the bulk of tier armor but covering up the whole body is entirely missing the point of what we're asking for..
    • Like x 2
  19. itsopnerfit New Player

Given the lack of content will it be free dlc?
  20. Tazzaxe Dedicated Player

$15 a month the the amount I've enjoyed the game isn't much to ask. I wouldn't mind an answer on the ETA though.