Creative Director Jens Andersen Reveals DCUO's Next DLC Pack, Amazon Fury Part I!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Spytle, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Mermaid Dedicated Player

It's been almost a month and no new news yet! The wait seems so eternal... Cross my tail we get some livestream or something soon...
    • Like x 1
  2. Gobbler New Player

That is precisely why it should stay the way it was. For those of us that spent years running content attempting to get things. And yes spending a boat-load of money on top of it.
  3. ExposedCore New Player

And this is why maybe 250 people at most play this game with there being less after the update. Tearing the game apart is not what made me a fan. It was the way the game worked that made me a fan and that reason is soon to be gone. Another vet lost to selfish and ridiculously ludicrous ideas of development.
    • Like x 2
  4. xxxGREENLANTERN7xxx New Player

They have livestream tomorrow about dlc 10 xD
  5. retched Well-Known Player

So you're idea of play is, finish the raid and get utter crap that you can't do anything with and have to wait until next to reattempt it. So in addition to spending a monthly fee, you're a fan of spending money on replay badges which will also have a chance of repeating this process...
  6. Houdei Level 30

I'm hoping we can get those amazon hairstyles
    • Like x 1
  7. sth New Player

I'm tired of people complaining about dcuo....been playing since November 2011. Been legendary for over 2 years. I'm tired of people complaing about dcuo. You don't like it? Leave. You won't be missed. It's a game and adapting to changes is half the fun. It's what keeps it new and inventive. Otherwise it would be another disc game with mundane content that plays the same way every time. I appreciate dcuo and the developers for keeping us on our toes.
    • Like x 1
  8. Herculine New Player

What orifice did you pull that number out of?
    • Like x 1
  9. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

can some 1 tell me when gu 36 going to release....??
  10. Death Caliber Active Player

Yea,i got more ppl than that in my league alone,not to mention another sister league of 100 or so,i helped build.They have to have between 500k to a mil to even justify putting the time and man hours they put into it.Obviously theres not as many as there were 2 years ago,and thats why it seems as if they get accused of a cash grab everytime they try to offer anything in the marketplace.The less ppl we have the more money they have to ask for to keep up a dedicated server,design new dlc's and updates,and believe it or not they dont work 4 free nor should they.Anyone working 5 days a week or more deserves an hourly wage.Believe it or not,these things arent cheap, and in order to keep us a product,they have to operate this way.They are still giving us the same dedication to dlc's,updates,and servers that they were 2 years ago,but with less than half the population we had then.You cut your profit in half in any other business and tell me how well you stay afloat.Its actually pretty impressive.I personally liked the old days when their were no replays and you had to grind 4 everything you had,and full t3 guys at that time were few and far between,but when u got their you had really accomplished something.MMO's arent intended for everyone with a lil cash or time to be wearing a full suit of the top gear.There is no sense of accomplishment to it anymore because everyone has it.Your actually the minority if you dont.But because we all complained about it,and they feared losing anymore customers,they had to make everything very accessible just to keep the product afloat,and they are still doing it now.The decline in population has really put them at our mercy,so our opinions and ideas are actually being put into action.Yes,everything thats happening now,are all as a result of our complaints to fix something that wasnt broke.Can u honestly say this is a better product now then it was 2 years ago?This game is the way it is now because of us,and we have nobody to blame but ourselves.Honestly the game was much better 2 yrs ago when they ignored our complaints to an extent.Yes we have ideas that sound good off the top of our heads,but every action has a reaction,and most times with the community our reaction turns out negative for the game in the long run.We need proffesionals who can study and anticipate the repurcussions of any changes before they are put in place,because ever since we started asking the opinion of the community and changing the game around that,the game is slowly getting worse.Let the whiners whine,because as our history shows,we truly do not know what is best for us.I understand everyone may not like what im saying,and im not asking you to,but if you ask most players that were here 2 years ago,i think they will,for the most part,tell you its true.Im not saying ignore our opinions,just research what may happen if these ideas are put in place a little more before they go live.And we as the community should think a little more about what we are asking for and how it might effect the game,before we ask for changes,cause honestly,most of our requests are purely selfish.We have more power to change this game than we think,so lets use it to keep this game moving forward before we destroy it with self entitlement,greed,and arrogance.Plz save our game.
  11. Irmensul Well-Known Player

Dude,you might consider using Paragraphing,then Jens might be more inclined to read it if he saw it..
    If I could say anything to Jens it would be like man why have you left out such iconic DC characters as the Atom & others but put in plenty of lesser known ones (such as Wonder Girl)..That'd be it really.
    I might add we need more costume customization options..
    • Like x 1
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

bud they did us so dirty in t5. first it was he who has the most replay gets to be the strongest to do the raid first. then they uped the drop rate a few times on gear drops for the t5 raids. if they raised the drops multiple times and we still had a ruff time getting them how low was the loot initialy set? all low down replay selling tactics. i bought to many replays but i never got more than three pieces with any of the toons i have. not even 3 pieces of dps
    • Like x 1
  13. Death Caliber Active Player

Your probably right,but honestly,how could you see the size of that and not take a look?Obviously you saw it,so it did its job,and if needing to use paragraphing is the only negative response im getting then it must not be too bad in substance.In a world of LOL and LMFAO,im not too concerned with spacing.My intent wasnt to right a spellchecked essay,just to get a point across.Its actually more intended for us,the community,than the devs anyhow.
    • Like x 1
  14. DC-Doll New Player

Oh I knooooow. Funny thing is I think I've been running my tank through AnB maybe only a month or two, no replays, full vestments bit 2 pieces (finished the style, just 2 pieces not in tank role lol), and utility belt. Just rings of OP left.

Compared to the drops in Paradox....Yeah. Once replayed once a day for 3 weeks straight. 0 in 21 end drops even in my role. Not doing that again.
  15. lukelucky Devoted Player

so you agree with buisness a the devs do it? well bud as you said the population is down. THIS IS BECAUSE OF BAD GAME MANAGEMENT BY THE DEVS. t4 operations made gameplay for any console guy awful. u ask any guy who grinded central city and we all know if a raid group was allready on a bounty to come back later to advoid freezing. so over 8 people vs 1 boss in the open world leads to freezing yet they make a pair of operations around this? FIRED should be what the guy who made thi decision heard. who ever over sees this and let this past concept design needs to be unemployed also. hey people make mistakes so lets go forward. the dcuo team just flubbed one and messed up the customers game for months so you need to ace t5.
    t5 was he who has the most replays gets strong enough to do the raids first. the drop rates were set so low they still gave us fits getting gear after the drop rate was raised multiple times. did i mention some idiot felt useing the loot table that is flawed at best to determine when we get our gear. i tell you a huge problem since t3 was the best is the over geared under skilled or skill pointed guys. this is like a year one early year two problem that has gotten way worse. t5 people not sure about pot and recharge? what did the devs you defend do to help this ever. loading screen tips? lol nice. how about if you re do the entire leveling system you ad a level ten tutorial for your powers alt role. how about a tutorial about damage out and how to maximize it? at level 30 how hard is it to put in a game duo that allows you to run with a npc partner. you need to acomplish said tasks b4 you past the mission teaching you the basics of your role.

HEY BUD STUPID DECISIONS AND ZERO ATTEMPTS TO BETTER THE GAMEPLAY OR VALUE FOR LEGENDARY GUYS GOT US HERE. why do day one guys not have a place they can voice their opinions? year one guys also. people with two plus years subed and guys with a year plus needs a spot also. i am not dismissing anyones importance but the longest tenured needs pleased. if die hards leave then the powers that be are doing a bad job. yes currently they are doing very bad.
  16. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

Not the best wording but I got your point and agree with many aspects said here. Central City's basic exclusion (except the grind for Triumph to go get them rings, trink, and necklace was the beginning of the downfall started by guess what....CURRENCY CHANGE!

Soon, it's going to happen again and all the grinders that burned a ton of real money for replays to over and over do MR, ST, and particularly Assault and Battery to get those MOR's for that Scion of Ion / Vestments of Rage (Dropped in A & B, T5's top dog suit) are very shortly going to get slapped in the teeth as the lower levels invade Mogo's Command Center with their 50K MOT's (soon to be uncapped/recapped @ 135K) and buy that former 2nd best suit in the game!

The game was just dying, but, none the less, with some semblance of things potentially getting better. Now it's just dead.

I witnessed the lowest population I had seen in almost 3 years during the infamous Thursday reset day's game play. Could barely get a group in my usual A&B, Paradox, and Nexus Raid-fest because no experienced players were around leading to an epic nightmare of "I know how to play my role, ST*U!!!!" A vast majority of the players in game these days have no idea how to play their role and are nothing more than a bunch of rude, arrogant, and several other expletives that are merely helping a dying game dig its grave.
    • Like x 1
  17. lukelucky Devoted Player

it really comes down to as simple as figure out what has the players who have been here for years happy. what improvements and changes would they like to see. we leveled as slow as possible and tried the hard and easy ways. the vast knowledge of gameing we have is unmatched and needs respected. if you have two and three years in and still are paying to play i would call you the ideal customer for this game. this is the guys i want to feel appreciated and happy with the content.
    imagine how fluid the game would be if we had the bots as legendary. well not the repai bot because that would change the balance of fights maybe. think how much warping would be gone and how many load screens we could advoid if we just could use those bots as legendary. mail, bank, and broker bots available anywhere just because we are legendary. give one year legendary guys one bot and an extra bot per yer of sub. give them all to us and promote legendary sales. enough people who are legendary feels they do not get the bang for the buck they once did. i know there is advantages to legendary and the deal is ok. yes its value is justified, but as is are the sales where they are targeted? is the legendary guys happy with what they get?
    go crazy revamp legendary and make it so attractive people cant refuse to sub up. armories man they could of done so much for the game. ad a second build to legendary and at the very least a few guys who only run one role could then spec into a pvp build. this promotes pvp or the player coould set up a dps build for solo content if they run support roles. at this point i agree population is sadly low and it was as bad if not worse at the end of last year. november was bad. these guys have messed up so often they need to take a loss to show the customers we do indeed matter. i mean as much as i like my 25th century bot and tom bot i think a little appreciation would go along way.
    this game should challange for the best mmo not be floundering because of the people in charge
  18. Mr.niceguy New Player

CR 100
  19. Mr.niceguy New Player

This DLC will probably end in May...