Cr relevancy&Source marks.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Source marks will be replacing all the marks in the Game from what i am understanding there is no limit on these marks well it's 99999 (dont ask me to show the math).

But it got me wondering with the System being in place removing the MOV and the new marks from our current episode.

So basically my question is this" will CR Relevancy finally be removed that way we can achieve/obtained Source marks from all content, or will it still be around and if so what would be the reason?

Since These new marks are around the Entire game in the near future.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Source Marks and relevancy work exactly the same as MoV do now.
    • Like x 2
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Well I guess if you want to take advantage of it you need to run all the old stuff now that has a 2nd currency because after the game update there's zero reason to.
    • Like x 3
  4. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

So those that mean episodes 27-31 won’t grant anything for players past the cr range? Before we would still get special currency, just not MoV. Any info on this yet? Since special currencies are getting turned into source marks, I’m curious, but don’t wanna feel driven away from the episodes if I don’t get anything out of it
    • Like x 5
  5. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Wait, so how do we finish old styles ? We can only run the new content ??????
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You misunderstood. Source Marks are only replacing Marks of Victory. The system of the new/current Episode having separate marks will continue.

It's just simplifying back to "Marks for current content" and "Marks for all other (non-seasonal) conent."

Although I'm just guessing seasonal content will still have its own marks; perhaps not; it would be useful to have that issue clarified.

But the main point is that the current content will continue to grant marks unique to that Episode; they won't grant only Source Marks.

When the current Justice League Dark is superseded by the next Episode, the rewards for JLD will be changed to Source Marks. But not before then.

Etc.
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Perhaps im missing something isn't episode 32 teen titans if we now no longer get unique marks for that episode we can no longer farm creds to buy stuff from that vendor to sell and we're locked in a much smaller relevancy window in that regard... I'm failing to see how that's better.

Perhaps im wrong but if im not i don't really like this at all, i mean what can you do about, nothing, but i certainly don't like it.
    • Like x 3
  8. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

OR and hear me out, you could just drop the whole relevancy nonsense altogether. I don’t think I’ve ever met anyone that actually likes it.
    • Like x 10
  9. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m getting nasty flashbacks to GU47 from this revamp the way it is right now, having to run the latest content and nothing else to catch up on old content stuff.
    • Like x 2
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It has been said before, but relevancy exists for a reason. There is a problem if it is possible to burn through the earliest content in order to earn rewards from 30 episodes later.
    • Like x 3
  11. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

I get that but why not ATLEAST get less marks than usual(AKA get 4-5 marks from a raid instead of 10) running older content instead of getting nothing? I hate helping my friends running older content because I am not getting rewarded for it, its a complete waste of time for me....
    • Like x 1
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You do get the alternate reward box and shots at one mark.
    • Like x 3
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Except we still have unique currency for the highest few episodes.
    • Like x 2
  14. Brit Loyal Player

I'm confused. It seems as though the Developers are reaffirming that there will still be Episode Specific currency. Still a need for Ancient Coins and Ultrabucks and whatnot to purchase their respective gears.

If that is the case, then it would appear that the only changes occurring is that Marks of Victory are being renamed Source Marks, and are going to be allowed to stack above 200.

If they are phasing out the unique Episode currency in favor of Source Marks the whole way through, only keeping the specific Episode Currency in the newest Episode, then yes that would reduce the total amount of marks available, but in reality it wouldn't actually effect the player.

For Example: Currently, you run Panopticon at level: You get Ultrabucks to buy Owlman suit and MoV to buy, well, Catalyst Caches.
    You run Panopticon above relevancy, you get no MoV. You do still get Ultrabucks, but they are only useful to by the no longer relevant Owlman suit, or maybe some random furniture.
    If Ultrabucks were converted into Source Marks, when you run it at level, you would get Source Marks to buy the Owlman suit OR to buy whatever random thing you would normally do with those MoV that have been irrelevant since AF3 (probably Catalyst Caches).
    And when you run it above relevancy, you get nothing. However, you no longer NEED those Ultrabucks, because you can unlock that suit style with the same Source Marks you were already getting by running your actual at-level content.

Basically, it's just the same effect as if those suits were finally shuffled over to Vendor 00 and Vendor 22: you could unlock them with the piles of MoV you get from relevant content, instead of being forced to waste time on something where nothing of value drops, just so that you can unlock styles, with those style unlocks being throttled slower due to an arbitrary bottleneck in the amount of those old marks that was earnable. And the "lost marks" that we suffer from having those episode specific currencies removed, those marks were never the actual MoV that we could do something useful with. They were Episode Specific, only useable for that one specific suit, and maybe a few pieces of furniture or a Collection item that you only have to buy once. Opening those things up for purchase with Source Marks (the MoV equivalent) should make them faster and easier to get, so players playing catch-up have less of a slog.
    • Like x 2
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

This is still extremely slim motivation to run old content. People wanting old styles and feats remains the real reason people run what older content that they do.

I certainly could be wrong, but I think approximately no players say "oh, boy, I sure do want another alternate reward box!"
    I still think that DCUO giving us significantly more motivation/reward of SOME sort from older, out of relevancy, content, would be one of the largest possible contributions to keeping the game healthy that DCUO could possibly make

Lots of players WANT to play older content. They just want to feel like they're getting SOME kind of worthwhile reward for taking the time to do so.

I think it's safe to say that if you could find SOME truly significant way to reward people for doing old content successfully, without it being relevant to progression (thus alleviating your concern abut just giving Marks), innumerable players would be thrilled and delighted, and you'd see a great deal more playing of the game take place.

I urge y'all to please consider creating SOME kind of worthwhile reward for old content beyond the lame Alternate Reward box. Are there any players who play old content because oh boy, alternate reward box!

How about granting 20 quarks for each old instance/mission? That wouldn't affect progression.

But any idea that constitutes something desirable and doesn't affect progression will do so long as it provides real motivation, not a lame idea like the Alternate Reward box. (Which would work if it actually contained anything desirable enough to motivate people to spend half an hour on an old raid.)
    • Like x 4
  16. C3alix Committed Player

No offense, I think it's obvious some of you haven't been on DC longer than 5 years. What's going on isn't anything new.

After the update:
    MoV = Marks of Source
    Episodes 27-31 = Marks of Source
    Episodes 32+ = no change

This means you can run content in ep. 29 and purchase anything with those marks in the episodes 1-31.

This is a HUGE plus for those that want to get vendor collections in older content.

lol there's a reason why Paradox Wave isn't a walk-in anymore.
    • Like x 3
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Nope, that's not what's going on.

Yes, that's what's going on.
  18. Proxystar #Perception

This is incorrect, they've got lots of stuff on the vendors now that can be farmed and sold your position entirely ignores this reality.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

Paradox wave isn't a walk in because it was broken no other reason.
    • Like x 5
  20. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I think they're saying that everything now on the currency-specific vendors will now be available on all vendors, but that's just a guess and could be entirely wrong.

The amount of ambiguity left in the webcast was over-strong. If there was other mention of non-style but currency-specific stuff at all, I missed it.

And that's what seems still not entirely clear: will EVERYTHING on the current currency-specific vendors be moved to all vendors everywhere, or will JUST the gear be moved?

I kind of assume the former, because how else could people get all those old collections and such, but I missed if this was actually stated at any time. I hope I'm not just engaging in wishful thinking.
    • Like x 1