Cr relevancy&Source marks.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Lord Jareth, Apr 19, 2019.

1. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

There is drawback but all these posts about im quitting the game if they change these marks is the biggest joke of 2019, everyone is acting like its some serious change but all it does is present some minor inconveniences.

Your example about the AF3 gear, besides the OP items the cost of the gear has been astronomically reduced to where running just the JLD weekly's would be enough source marks to purchase an entire gear set. The OP items were never apart of normal episode progression thus why when the mark costs were already reduced for previous episodes months ago the OP collections weren't impacted then just like they aren't now. In terms of income you'd make more from selling the exobyte caches that drop from 1 enhancer than you would selling the auras from the Deluge vendor, that is a terrible way to make money in game.

If a player is coming back to the game or looking to skip ahead an alt to engame content the still have 3 entire episodes worth of content to run, if you were missing the blackhawk style from earth 3? fine its 104 source marks for the entire style feat and you have 3 episodes of weekly's to run to get those 104 marks so in less than 1 week you'd have the entire style feat done. Don't really see a big issue there? oh not enough marks to finish the RWC style feat? i'll just wait till next week when I have enough marks to get that in one shot as well.

There doesn't need to be a long pro column for this, could the devs have achieved the same results by just increasing the MoV cap? sure but then we wouldn't have had the reduced mark costs which are much more beneficial to players getting old style feats than still having to run multiple weeks of the episode just to get the feats. Old content is already irrelevant, this change doesn't really change anything. Currently on live if I run a Spindrift or TTB what do I get? some useless crowns that I can't use? what am I going to do buy a aura that sells for 2mil? buy some gear and get some exobytes that are only work 4k xp? awesome ideas. Players are still going to run GCZ and PANOE/ESC to get the rare loot chance regardless so them not getting useless marked bills they can't even use doesn't matter.
    • Like x 2
  2. Dene Devoted Player

Anything people need/want will still be there and be much cheaper - yes, you will need to be more savvy about what to get and when but that is it
    • Like x 1
  3. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

There will be much less people playing older content. Daybreak keeps shooting themselves in the foot. Don’t think they even have a pulse anymore. Each update is a sign they are out of touch with the community. They literally shunned whole communities that made their game active. We want SM. Is it happening? Nope. We need PvP fixed. Is it happening? Nope. I quit putting the 2k a year I use to pretty much give Daybreak. I don’t even pay for legendary anymore. They really do not deserve my buck or yours when they remove or ignore existing parts of the game or try to milk playere. Sooner people realize this, Daybreak will attempt a u-turn but it will be too late because people have lost patience and trust woth them. Source marks will definitely make me not want to play or give them money. Dig that grave Daybreak.
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Tell me Arqueiro if you are CR262+ which is max cr for Atlantis and just beginning JLD cr why would you ever need to be running Olympus, Gods of Monsters, Ultimate Solider, Justice for All, The Escape, Spindrift Station, The Threat Below?

You tell me why would that player need to run that older content? To get rare loot drops like in gotham city? they can still do that, to get OP collection drops? they can still do that, to get feats? they can still do that, because they are helping someone? they can still do that, because they are bored and have an exobyte enhancer running? they can still do that.

There will be just as much less people playing older content as there is now. All this GU does is take away the rewards that those players would already find useless like the episode specific marks. The gear for salvage and any collections are still there.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

You said it right there....there is little reason to run the older content...a 2-3 Mil aura or to buy some gear you can salvage(or prestige)... this change reduces that thin margin to 0.

And yes...I also mentioned elsewhere that PanE and ZooE will get run for the cape or trinket. Not sure what rare drop you are getting from ESC or ZooR...a collection piece?

I guess my main objection to the change purely by the numbers is that if they see that reducing the gear prices was needed due to this change, why no reduction in the collections/styles? I know people who still don't have some of these and they were on when the content was relevant. You are saying it will become easier to get them done when pulling from the same mark pool as everything else MoV is already used for? Don't see it, unless they are increasing Source mark drops above and beyond the current MoV ones.

And no...I'm not one of those saying "Ill quit the game...grumble...grumble...." That is indeed BS. Just saying it seems like a needless change that no one was asking for that will detriment the ability to group and run the older content even further than it already is.'

BTW....The Starro auras actually sell for 5-10 million regularly(white solar is currently 7Mil in broker), and I can farm one up with about 10 min a week for 3 weeks in Starro land while I'm waiting to queue up for something. The Atlantis styles...same thing. There are 5 style pieces for feats in there that will likely sell well after relevancy...and the clock is ticking on that DLC too.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  6. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

I used Deluge as an example because that is what one of my characters is working through right now. As I mentioned when I talked about getting stuff from the episode, it can be hard to find a group to run the missions. Now it will become harder - people can buy their Deluge stuff by running JLD, so they will do that, and just go back to Deluge for the vendor (as long as they need to). People coming up will have less chance of finding a group because there are less people wanting to run that content.

I thought that the point of episode specific currency was to ensure that players only got rewards for an episode by running that episode's content. I guess that's no longer considered an issue.

And no, not planning to quit the game because of this. But it's one more baffling decision that seems to have come out of nowhere to address an issue that doesn't seem to have been an issue in the first place.
    • Like x 2
  7. Tygerfyre Committed Player

Previously, we would have gotten episode marks, which could be used for remaining styles, overpriced collection items, and in later episodes, materials and auras.

So if we are not getting Source Marks from that content, and those vendors are still charging Source Marks, we now need to grind stuff that is still in relevancy even more than we already do, to acquire source marks to go back and spend in old content. Keep in mind that those same Source Marks are the ones that currently pay for things like your base mods, and the huge numbers of catalysts we spend MoV on with Constantine. So now you've added old content items to the list of places those Marks need to spent, while simultaneously limiting the number of places we can get them, since there are no Source Marks to replace the episode marks we used to get.

Aside from that though, this will likely make it harder for anyone of any level to play that content, as people are simply not going to play it without there being at least some kind of usable reward. That's completely understandable, but self-defeating in the end, as it makes it harder for new players to progress in the game, shrinking the player pool for all of us.

Keep on making condescending comments though. Those always go over well.
  8. Arqueiro Robusto Well-Known Player

Simply put. No one will run old content anymore. And you answered most of this at the end of your video. Newer players will suffer because no one will ever queue older content. gl.
    • Like x 1
  9. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

I left off the E from gcz but obviously that was the man-bat commando trinket. The rare item from Escape Elite final boss was the Hyper-Functional Visitor's Helmet which is so rare there isn't even one on the broker, not that I liked the style and there was no feat but none the less i've sold them for 80mil+ in the past they usually would sell 10-20mil less than the Ultraman Cape.

For the collection costs they don't consider the op item as normal progression and that is something above and beyond etc, they have never once reduced the costs of OP collections after the fact, it was only ever done during test server. Considering the unchanged prices on the collections being the only real objection to the source marks I would want to see them reduced just to put those fears aside. But considering the prices for some of the older OP collections especially the RWC ones I doubt the few hundred source marks is going to be the main cause of concern for players trying to get older OP items.

In terms of the prices on the items, for 1 you can still technically sell them all the same with source marks and even increase the price to account for its harder degree of farming now, and secondly there are plenty of other ways to supplement the loss income. The clock will tick on every DLC but considering we have this one for probably another 3-4 months then a month on top of that before they even think of adding Teen Titans to the source marks relevancy it is an issue long on the horizon.
    • Like x 1
  10. Shark Dental Devoted Player

• Like x 1
  11. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Demonstrably false, at least at the moment.

If the devs opt to change pricing for all vendor rewards to take into account this change, it's a totally different story, but that's definitely not the case right now.
    • Like x 1
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Well you give me plenty of opportunities to make such comments, screenshot/add up your mark currency window right now on live server. I haven't stepped foot in a deluge raid in 6-7 months and all the other content and i'll still have 389 source marks from episode specific marks. Now lets take a look at your examples. You need 39 catalysts (390 source marks) to level an artifact from 120-160, yea that's alot of SM but that's also 560,000 XP so how many artifacts are you levelling up my friend? Yea its alot harder to get than SM and if you are paying real $ for that XP you can also pay real $ to get replays for SM so that point doesn't really hold up. Let's look at your second example the base mods. That is 35 SM every 60 days, I know man players will struggle to keep up that 35 SM every 60 days now after gu94.

They've reduced the amount of places we can earn SM but they've also drastically reduced the largest cost of the episode marks which was the gear. It's only 104 marks for a full style set now which is a huge reduction from what it was so all the marks players save now by doing that they can put towards the 35 SM base gen mod upkeep.

There's already no reason for endgame players to run old content unless they have a nth metal detector running lol, any actual rewards are still dropping in the episodes after gu94 so there will still be plenty players running GCZE and PANOE
  13. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

How would this GU94 impact anything to do with running old content for feats? Just because players don't get some ultrabucks they will refuse to run escape for the Anti-Monitor feat?

Not that it can be proven but no, whatever reason if some 260+ CR player is going to que up Ultimate Solider raid he will still que up after GU94 because the ultrabucks wasn't incentive for him to que anyways, he had some other motive for queing that raid which will still remain after gu94.

If you are a newer player you can just purchase the item while you are still the relevant CR, once you move out of the cr relevant window you can still purchase whatever item you wanted with source marks. You can earn said reward much faster because instead of running 2 raids for crowns you can run 6 raids for source marks. So if you really really wanted that orbital strike you can get it alot faster than you ever could normally under pre-gu94. If you wanted to keep buying those to sell for in game money there are plenty of other ways to earn said money so cutting off 1 revenue stream any good player will just find another.
    • Like x 1
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Actually, no there will be less people running certain content because although there are numerous reasons to still run some content, where a reward is present there will also be swathes of content abandoned by players that would otherwise have run it for nothing more than the episodic specific currency.

Im not saying this system is completely awful but to be fair i think you're just a little guilty of glossing over some of the negative flow on effects this change will have.

You're entitled to your view and you've laid it out clearly but let other people have their say too, we're all paying customers ;)
    • Like x 3
  15. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

People are welcomed to their opinions as normal but i've seen more comments about quitting the game over this change than other changes in the past lol. Some end game player isn't running ultimate solider for some war bonds, what are war bonds going to get that player? The only argument that can be made is when Teen Titans falls to the source marks because there are like 1000 creds worth of cosmetic items there which will be a legit concern for players who haven't earned them yet because they weren't tradable like the Atlantis cosmetics. It's not that im glossing over the negatives, its just that everyone seems to be hyping up the negatives more than anything else.

Should there be a reward for old content sure? what realistic expectation would we get like 3-5 source marks? Am I going to waste 25-30min of my life on dcuo just for 3-5 source marks? never lol then it becomes time spent vs reward where we would never get 10 source marks from old episodes because the devs would than have to raise all the source mark prices accordingly and then it just makes this GU more convoluted.
  16. SkullGang Devoted Player

This is a fight you can't win Daybreak. No one is in favour of these changes.
  17. Proxystar #Perception

See this is the part where you're projecting based on your personal position rather than trying to put yourself in the position of someone different to see an alternate perspective.

It doesn't matter why an end game player might need war bonds, perhaps they're finishing off style feats, perhaps they're finishing off other things who knows it isn't for one of us to just decide you shouldn't be doing it and berate them as to why...

At the moment they can farm all that stuff independently with that change they no longer will be able to do so and they'll have to split their spending choices between everything, which arguably speaking will actually slow down the progression of someone catching up unless pricing heavily reflects which i acknowledge you're trying to do.

But it's worth pointing out raising the cap to 999,999 doesn't mean more marks are suddenly available it just means we're not pressured to spend them.

You've also pointed out that once this flows through to titan and Atlantis the issue will get worse which is why it's important to have the system correct in the first place.

The system itself isn't so much a villain as the details, getting the pricing right is most important and yea threatening to quit is an overreaction.
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Proxy this is where you having no clue what the actual changes are is projected. Finishing old style feats? All the style feats have been reduced in cost by 78% its 104 marks for an entire gear set down from 480. Why on earth would a player not want this change when he can farm that style feat in 1 week worth of current content for source marks? So I am wrong for not putting myself in that players position? I personally would like only to spend 104 marks that I can farm from 3 separate dlc's instead of 480 marks which I can earn only from 1 DLC. Do you know how long it would take to farm 480 marks for a style feat when you can only run 2 raids every week, a 4 mark alert and 2 or 3 weekly bounties of 8 marks? alot more time than it would take to get 104 source marks.

Say a player has 300 war bonds and hes missing the riddled with crime entire style feat. GUESS WHAT LOL he can now use the 300 war bonds that were useless to him before to pay for his entire style feat. I think that's a pretty good change from being placed in the position of a player dontca think?

There's lots of time to fine tune the system before episode 32 becomes source marks which is still many months away cause we'd need an entirely new DLC to release. There isn't a reward great enough to justify running old content for the sake of running old content. If a player has that much time on their hands that they willingly run 8 DLC's worth of daily's/weeklys and raids every single week to get marks then they really need to invest their time more wisely getting a job, where then they could just buy replays to run current content for source marks.
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I think you've failed recognise my point probably hung up on the fact i used a word like project you no doubt immediately too offense too and just got on the defensive.

If the pricing is done right then it could make it a little bit better but like i said that's why the pricing is important and you'll no doubt see ive said as such.

I'll remind you again i said there was some sense in this system but pricing needs to be correct

It might take a while to farm out 450 marks whatever that might be that particular player needs but its at present independent of what marks of victory those players get, which is also limited by the way.

This means that those players now need to choose between what they're buying, whether that be even older gear, whether that be catalyst caches, whether that now be also buying a greater range of gear and styles that otherwise would've been independent.

It might take a while to get 400 marks but those marks were for specific rewards now it's all being bundled up.

Also theres always going to be a little benefit at initial conversion but im ignoring this because it's not an ongoing feature of the system you're not always going to convert your war bonds to source marks, that's a red herring.

Again im not opposed to the system but I do think the pricing is important I'd like to see it all in place now not tweaked later if that even happens, it's like closing the gate after the horse has already bolted.

Funny i want this system right from the get go and you're telling me to sit back and relax i seem to recall a certain someone getting all wound up about other things like the artifact system not providing what they need from the offset etc and me telling them to relax it'll sort itself in time.

Makes me chuckle a little :)
    • Like x 2
  20. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Are you trying to tell me to read your responses backwards in comprehension? I respond based in the order of the arguments presented to me. You started your reply with the fact that I wasn't putting myself in the position of another player to give me an alternate viewpoint. Then you went on to try to rationalize why an end game player may be running old content. This is where I started my response mocking you for not completely understanding what GU:94 even does and proceeded to mock the viewpoint of the endgame player running for styles.

I will continue to mock your viewpoint that the player can still farm independently because that is grasping and the thinnest of straws and actually you surprised me by continuing to have such a weak viewpoint because it's completely without merit. Just because a player can farm an episode independently is completely moot because the time in which it would take them to do so is drastically increased vs the new system. If a player is farming JLD raids for current gear and feats what are they going to use all those source marks for? its 35 source marks every 60 days for the base generator upkeep, its 10 for a catalyst but really how many average players are levelling 140-160 rank artifacts where they would need excessive amounts of source marks for the cache boxes.

Ignoring the initial conversion is also a very cute way to try to grasp at legitimacy of your argument when all you would need is 105 marks of any combination of ancient coins, war bonds, marked bills, ultrabucks, atlantean crowns to have enough to purchase the entire style feat they were missing or 132 marks if they wanted the elite style feat. That's a pretty ironic part to just "ignore" because the whole argument of players in this thread is that old content gives no rewards for the styles they need where the entire style they are missing can be purchased Day 1 without any hassle because of said conversion.

The pricing is in place, the only prices that didn't change were the OP collections but precedent has already been set there because the OP collection prices didn't change last time they reduced the vendor costs of the older episodes. Also if a player came back and needed OP item for the feat they will have a much harder time getting the collections than they will trying to save up for the 375 source marks.

It's irrelevant to our conversation if you are for or against this GU:94, I haven't in my posts nor my video said I am either for or against the GU all I am doing is highlighting the weaknesses everyone has against the system change where everyone is ready to grab pitchforks and march down to Texas.

I am also not taking the Proxy patented "Wait and See Approach" to GU:94 as you did to artifacts, we still had to wait months to get a proper controller artifact and the artifact I had in question the controllers Entwined Rings of Azar is still by the widest margin the worst controller artifact ever conceived by the development team so the Wait and See approach doesn't really apply to that because we've waited and its still as completely useless as it was back then as it is now.