Counter Immunity Removal

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZEOKEN Well-Known Player

not true at all , but maybe so after this update
  2. Frankzilla Committed Player

Its not if I think its facts I was around and pvping before immunities were you? If you were was you in a good league or in good groups that pvp? There was no scrims pre-made groups ruled the arena why because of teamwork. To counter-act that and bring more towards pvp immunity was introduced to give casual players a blocking chance to survive against these great focus firing teams. Which focus firing was developed well before immunity and now one counter can help you survive being focus fired. It was for the casuals that just que up may not have all the roles or understand kiting or any pvp tactics at all to still be able to enjoy it a bit. Thats facts it cant be refuted blues is no different then the role less buff for ppl who may not understand the game dont have a league and que up for instances to still have a chance so they dont just get frustrated and stop playing completely TRAINING WHEELS you cant argue facts.
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

That's what I meant
  4. Frankzilla Committed Player

Yo sp i've come to conclusion they just dont want to hear that they have been thriving off of a mechanic that was implemented for casuals. They are fighting so hard to avoid the reality of the situation just know there are some thinkers that understand what your saying.
  5. Absolix Loyal Player

1. The early glitches in this game and the hack didn't appear to have any relevancy to whether counter immunity or not. So why would I talk about them?

2. If you want to argue how many sentences the first Last Laugh part was in response to it was 4. I mean the maps were the centerpiece of the DLC, even halving a cutscene new level 30s are directed to to tell the story. This main aspect of the DLC bombed, hard. It is then logical to think that the DLC has failed because of maps complained about for years, not a lesser aspect that has not been complained about. It is like saying Transformers 4 sucked about TJ Miller and completely ignoring Michael Bay's directing. You don't protest TJ MIller if you want the Transformers franchise to improve.

3. The second half is an indirect to your post as a whole. Your post is constructed to be an argument that appeals to ethos, attempting to show that you are an authority on PvP. I pointed out that if someone reading the different positions on this subject and take into account arguments of ethos, they would need to know what Slob's authority on the subject of PvP is. Which if you read the post is unsurpassed by anyone, but Clutch.
  6. Absolix Loyal Player

He has demonstrated that the secrets of the "Blue Cheese farmers" are taught on the Brainiac ship in the tutorial. It is one of the few things the tutorial doesn't miss in the tutorial.

So, one of the first thing the game teaches new players is supposedly the same thing veteran player's are trying to keep so they can keep new players down.

Doesn't it sound like that contradicts itself.
    • Like x 6
  7. Frankzilla Committed Player

Its funny you say that when majority of the pvp community dont have a high school diploma yet. And alot of the shade about this idea is coming from ppl who dont even know what pvp was like before immunity and if they do they wasn't good before immunity. They prolly qued up got destroyed by pre-mades that had great teamwork and welcomed immunity with open arms.
  8. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Again with this? Again with you not comprehending what I am saying. I can't do this anymore. Maybe if there was a crayon font it would help, but I doubt it.
  9. Absolix Loyal Player

An argument that relies on insulting another person's comprehension to attempt to support the claim the argument is making is not a good argument.

Please provide reasons on the subject of counter immunity removal. Not personal feelings about other posters
    • Like x 7
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Damn I'm gone from the forums for 10 days and this happens!? :eek:

Just want to address one thing before I get into the constructive part of my post

Since I've been away you have at multiple points throughout this thread accused me of glitching, abusing the system and even downright falsely implying I threatened physical violence against you. There are several offences of both blacklisting and libel caused by yourself against me which are in direct violation of the ToS, and if you wish to keep on presenting an argument for your side of this discussion than I suggest you refrain from doing so any further in the future. If you think you'll struggle too much with this, drop by my teamspeak and we'll discuss it there and not here.

Edit: Oh you also called me pretentious, we can add defamation of character to a further violation.

Now onto the constructive part of my post!

I'm not sure if there's much I can add regarding the removal of immunity that many other respectable players haven't already touched upon. If someone can post a constructive rebuttal with valid points (simply stating it is "cheese" or is "exploitable" isn't a valid arguement and I'm sure if we were to use the same arguments to the detractors you would also state the same thing) then I will respond in kind.

I will however state what is inherently wrong with PvP and what has been far greater of a factor in reducing the population (both of casual and experienced PvPers alike) than immunity.

Problem 1. Lack of attention and general slowness of turnaround on statement of issues to them being addressed

This is a pretty major one and is certainly one of the main contributing factors on why a lot of more dedicated and experienced players have left both sides of PvP, Legends and Arenas.

There have been several major issues plaguing both aspects of PvP for the longest of time and nothing has yet to be done to fix any of them. Ranging from the outright overpowered nature of Wolf/HL DPS in arenas, to the insanely high healing of fire tanks, the irrelevancy of many powers for certain roles (munitions/quantum/fire DPS for arenas just one example), irrelevancy of tanks in arenas, the overpowered nature of certain AMs, AMs being added into PvP as well as the problem of damage being far too high with hold attacks and just in general.

Solutions to problem 1:

Have someone dedicated if possible to looking into PvP problems and getting them addressed. Having to wait several months or even until a new season for problems to be fixed is too long to keep a thriving community going.

I also suggest having a seperate community council that deals specifically with PvP and only contains players who fulfill certain criteria, which are:

1. Dedicated players who regularly play PvP
    2. Have the game's best interests at heart
    3. Are knowledgeable about the game mode so that they can actually form constructive and informed suggestions/arguments

The best way to know who these are is to simply look over past FNLs, who have been competing regularly and who have been performing well? I know due to the problems me and Mepps have that he would never want me on such a thing, however I don't have to be. This thread has shown MANY people who meet all of these requirements such as RagingNature, Ace1, Absolix, Banished Anaconda, Ogat, Wabane just to name a few.

Problem 2. The general PvP Model

Other than for feats and some base items, there really is not much incentive to PvP right now but there's SO much potential for things to be added. On top of this, there's so much potential for PvP to be further monetised without resorting to Pay 2 Win options.

Solutions to problem 2:

How about adding more "feats" to PvP, but instead of linking skill points to them you provide other rewards? Things like winning 5 games in a row grants you "brawler styles", 10 games "champion styles", five kills in a row without dying unlocks the "unstoppable!" decal to be used on armour etc.

Adding more skins to other legends characters rather than focusing on just one specific character! These could simply be re-used models from characters in the game like alternate timeline versions of batman/lex/superman.

Or take a page out of Guild Wars 2 books and add custom cog animations that unlock for certain amount of wins & also more flashy ones in the marketplace for 250sc?

There are so many things that could be added to the mode I could be here forever listing them!

Problem 3. Lack of information for newer players and solutions

Currently there really is little to no information for new players to learn about either legends or arenas, there isn't anywhere for them to learn the tips and tricks for utilising the counter mechanics to their best abilities, loadouts for the powersets, a statistics page for each legend character displaying their health/loadout and even notes stating all legends have the same power/toughness etc.

More importantly, they aren't linked in game! Look at games like dota 2 which have information about every single character from their basic load out to even each of their innate intel/strength/agil stats (they even have videos accompanying each ability to display them!).

On top of this there could be beginner/intermediate/advanced tutorial videos for each level of player to learn more and more intricate aspects of the system the better they become. Once again these would be far, FAR more useful in-game so people who never use the forums or visit youtube would also be aware of them! I'd suggest you ask some more experienced PvPers for help on what kind of things could be included in each section (and as I know some people are going to point this out, no I'm not saying me either, plenty of other people possess high skill who can do this such as banished/raging/ace 1).

Closing statement

Immunity is not even close to being the aspect of PvP which is driving people away, sure there are people which dislike them (as shown here) but there are far more support to keep them and I also support this. Instead, there needs to be a fundamental change in how PvP is looked after as well as huge potential to vastly improve the overall experience.
    • Like x 35
  11. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Contradiction
    • Like x 20
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I don't know when giggles said full auto is op, but it was a time when it was
  13. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

And to think me and him just has a discussion on insults.....Some people just can't learn.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This thread and topic are closed to discussion until further notice, as the discussion has become entirely non-constructive and there is little more to be said that has not been said already.

Little is more demoralizing or embarrassing than the behavior demonstrated in, witnessed here, and removed from this thread, and others, from the PvP community as a whole. This is simply not how gamers, Daybreakers, or people treat each other.

Please take a moment to consider that, as this discussion *will* continue but it *will not* continue in this manner.
    • Like x 12
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.