Counter Immunity Removal

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by CosmicIV, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remander Steadfast Player

See that's the thing. This is the Devs' game. They don't have to prove anything to you. If you think something's wrong, you need to prove it to them. That's just the way it works. I didn't make the rules. ;)
    • Like x 1
  2. Ogat New Player

I did, I also fully intend to follow Your advice and get some scrims going on test, once I get the time and some people on test to test with, today or tomorrow depending on my other obligations.
    • Like x 1
  3. Fies Committed Player

In regard to Mepps post that is my concern too.
  4. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

It's been stated several times why it's being removed, if you can't be bothered to either find it or accept it, that's on you.
    • Like x 1
  5. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

That's the thing, even when you do only 1 of 3 things ever happen. 1.(the most common) nothing happens, 2.they think you are being non constructive and ban you , 3. They change it. I ranked them in order of most likely to happen.
    • Like x 8
  6. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Lets take a look at the reason's mepps gave , "Removing immunities may encourage team-based play rather than one player carrying a team. Removing immunities removes a barrier, and invites new players and non-pvping players back into a PvP that more resembles the rest of the game, a game that is diverse in tactics, in powers, in knowing one's powers, in attacks, in teams, and is more than just a sometimes exploitable immunity farm."

1. Removing Immunities MAY encourage team-based play rather than one player carrying a team.
    First of all he used the word "may" so they don't even know if that's a legit reason or not, second of all I fail to see how removing the ability for someone to not be countered again for a short duration because they successfully countered someone else inspires "team play" nor do I see where PvP was all about 1 person carrying a team because of it. That's quite honestly one of the most bogus reasons I've ever heard them give for changing anything in this game AND it wasn't even a for sure reason, they "think" it will promote more team play.........give me a break.

2. "Removing immunities removes a barrier, and invites new players and non-pvping players back into a PvP that more resembles the rest of the game"
    NO not even close. This change actually makes PvP resemble the rest of the game EVEN LESS!!!!! These immunities are taught on the ship and you can't get off without learning them. They also exist in almost every piece of PvE content in the game and work exactly like they currently do in PvP. Removing that from PvP is just going to make it harder on new players because they will be in one part of the game getting counter immunities and then jump into PvP expecting to get them and don't, then rage quit because they feel there is no reward for actually countering someone.

3. "Exploitable immunity farm"
    This right here shows exactly how little the devs even know about this mechanic. The only reason there would even be an "immunity farm" is because the other team is too stupid to realize what they are doing. If you are allowing a single player to farm immunities off of your whole team well you deserve to lose.

So please do tell why this is a good thing. 36 pages and all you and other supporters of its removal have done is danced around giving reasons.
    • Like x 9
  7. Frankzilla Committed Player

Lets just make this clear immunity was only added to the game to help casual players ok. Now those casuals that it help are the die hard pvpers now and their training wheels can be taken off. Yes I hear all your emotional disagreement but its simply that your personal feeling with no literal facts behind it. I've been playing and pvping for a long time you also liked that one long post ace 1 and company agreed with on that note i'll use it with facts. At the point when there was no immunity in the game he said the game sucked false, the game was still pretty fresh and only a certain group was able to master the combat system so soon. Ppl where angry that they weren't able to get off there channeled abilities and other things without being interrupted. You know how it goes hit the forums tears all over the place and counter immunity was introduced to help out the casuals at that time. Now that is facts you and others are so call great die hard pvpers, on here debating about the training wheels put in the game for casuals. Without taking anything away from yall skill lvl but thats the issue while its for the casuals the good players that didnt leave after the change and the ones whom developed after. Have keen pvp comprehension well beyond any casual so while it helps a casual a die hard masters it learns how to manipulate it therefore exploiting something thats not for them in the first place.
    • Like x 1
  8. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Not nearly what I was talking about, but you know that so I'll allow the deflection and attempt at humor. Funny though, those "secrets" you listed right there have been in the game prior to Blue Immunities and you didn't even mention them. Good deflection attempt.
  9. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

Sorry, Felsa. You lost me on the way to the In and Out.
  10. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

At this point, I can attribute any reason I feel and get the same results, denial.

It doesn't matter the actual reason because it's not good enough for the dissenting crowd.
    • Like x 1
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

SP, if immunities are being take out of the game, then would you please post the alleged secrets that you've been referring to?
  12. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

That's the spirit, don't post a reason because you think it will be treated with denial.........thats the real reason you aren't posting it.........not because, you know you don't actually have one. If you can't take the time to write something worth reading why write at all?
  13. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Actually no lets be clear, immunities were not added for the casuals. They were added to make situations like a 2v1 and 3v1 not a guarenteed loss. It was a way to help EVERYONE out not just casuals or hardcore pvpers. What it essentially did was make it so you had a fighting chance in out numbered situations. It WAS NOT soley implemented for "training wheels for casuals". Incredibly ill informed post right there.
    • Like x 3
  14. Frankzilla Committed Player

This right here is the problem your gonna say the ppl whom created the mechanic dont understand it, clearly emotional and not logical what so ever. And to answer your question of why, because immunity was put in the game for the casuals at the time it was created. Its was never intended to be mastered and manipulated by the top tier pvpers.
    • Like x 1
  15. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

It's already been said, the burden of proof here is on nobody. Valid reasons have been given by players and mepps alike, you actively choosing not too accept or acknowledge them as reason enough is on you.
  16. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

There is no manipulating being done and again no it was not added for the casuals I already posted above why it was added. And this isn't the first time the devs have done something they don't understand. If that was the reason why.....I didn't see that reason given ANYWHERE or even hinted at in Mepp's explination. To me, that is just YOUR personal reason, which if that's what you think ok, but no that is not why it was added.
  17. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Mepps can be quoted directly to the contrary of your assertion.

I'm finding it very difficult to believe the dissenting crowd has any leg to stand on, it's like climate change denial at this point.
  18. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

I'll be honest I didn't read all 36 pages so if a reason was given other than Mepp's obviously delusional explanation then provide it.
    • Like x 1
  19. RagingNature Active Player

How are you gonna talk about deflection when you've been dodging most of the hard questions? You're failing at even supporting simply your own words simply because you don't like the tone in which I wrote my responses or perhaps you've realized the logic you have to back it up is just too weak.

If SP won't defend his own claims, how exactly have we been "exploiting" blue immunity to 'cheese' legends wins? Anyone? Since apparently it's so cheating/broken that it has to be removed?
    • Like x 5
  20. HeavyWeapon Dedicated Player

Where?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.