Controller shielding is broken in pve

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Damashi The Kaotic, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Time bubble is breaking almost instantly regardless of the damage done to it, effectively crippling the power. I can't test the other controller shields, because I don't have the time to create 3 more toons to test their shields. This is a huge issue for main, because his entire combat style in pve revolves around time bubble. Can anyone confirm that the other controller shields are suffering this bug. Video proof of the time bubble bug should be up momentarily.
    • Like x 22
  2. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

• Like x 10
  3. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Note in the video that restoration is 2805, and my dominance is 2572, which means my shield should be able to take 5,377 damage before breaking. Event horizon seems to also be suffering from this bug because earlier today in ICW it would break a few hits after our tank was hit.
    • Like x 6
  4. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

It's more then likely that the changes to shields in the update for pvp is affecting pve as well I'm quantum but I haven't been on much in the last day or so to test it so I'll check it out .
    • Like x 1
  5. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Im going to be doing some more testing to see if other controller shields are broken, with the help of my league-mates.
    • Like x 6
  6. A34CUS New Player

Distract isn't.If you count that as a so called shield.
  7. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

It counts; all aggro dumps share the same properties as controller shields, but aggro dump shielding duration is shorter then a controller shield.
    • Like x 3
  8. Remander Steadfast Player

This may explain some issues we had in LD recently. Can't recall the powersets involved, but we seemed to have a terrible time reviving players in Kraze's AoE. Resulted in multiple wipes. Shields wouldn't hold long enough to revive, even with the AoE being the only damage in.
  9. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Last night was the first time I've died in the tier 6 duos. I had thought it was just me being cocky, then I realized any aoe or damage over times I was getting hit by was ending my shields early.
    • Like x 2
  10. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

I've done some more testing with some more controller shields and mental is working the way its supposed to, but quantum's time bubble will break after 6 hits regardless of damage.

• Like x 9
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I tried the quantum shield on my troller outside of the east end police station and a group of lv3 adds broke it in 6 hits as well.
  12. DerekHale Active Player

so quantum shield it's the only one that not working =_=
    dps side its completely garbage, now troll side its bugged ... why gm hate quantum so much? XD
  13. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating. Thank you for the report.
    • Like x 8
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

After taking a look at the video, it looks like Time Bubble is breaking as intended on hits. (Shields break via hits, damage, or duration, whichever comes first - in this case hits).
  15. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

My shield shouldn't break that fast getting hit by a mob of lv3 add that do - 1 damage per hit that's just stupid.
    • Like x 4
  16. VillNess Well-Known Player

I thought the hit count was for healer shields? I remember being told that troll shields dont have it...
  17. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

Time bubble has never broken on hits. None of the controller shields were supposed to break on hits.
    • Like x 4
  18. Damashi The Kaotic Well-Known Player

They don't, or at least not supposed to.
    • Like x 2
  19. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Well at least quantum still has quantum tunneling for now.........
  20. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Wasn't this on the tooltips of some shield abilities Mepps? I distinctly remember the tooltip of my Boon of Souls say this for a long long time and it doesn't say it anymore.

This is how it has been from the beginning right? At least for the 3 years i've been playing I remember thinking that the usefulness of shields was a bit limited due to this.

I try to use shields mostly to absorb 1 big hit and that's it. I know it's not good for the whole 5-6 seconds it's supposed to last, never was.

But my question is why did you change the tooltips? This confusion would not be happening if all shielding abilities clearly stated that they can be broken by dmg, hits and time which is how they have always worked. At least my sorcery healing ones have.

edit: i don't know much about troller shields, but tooltip clarity on how they work would also be helpful regardless