Controller debuf duration cut in half.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Hallows Eve, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yallander Loyal Player

Working as intended I'm afraid. All counter role debuffs last 12 seconds.
    • Like x 1
  2. 666evildead666 New Player

Sorry but I'm sick and tired of your crappy pvp ruining the pve side of things. Fix this unwaranted nerf to our debufs please.
    • Like x 1
  3. truth_teller New Player

this is one thing I felt was needed. w the increase of stats,it made no sense to keep the older,longer,durations. does it kill trolling? not the slightest. if it affected yours... I would say you need some elevation.
  4. Physique Dedicated Player

Actually, with the T5 content, a good number of bosses and adds now appear to have the ability to scrub debuffs just like the players do. That's the side-effect of having PvP mechanics in the PvE environment and players need to pay more attention. Does it change the overall effect of the run? Yes. Is it fun to have happen to you? No. However, the playing field is level for everyone at this point so whining about it won't change anything.

Just an observation...
    • Like x 1
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

NPC debuffs have been in the game since Batcave 1. Don't believe me, just give the 4 enemies a chance and they will debuff your healer pretty quickly. Also counter weapons have existed with rifle and brawling NPC's in most instances prior to changes making the counter mechanics prominent. Most people were too busy spamming their repetitive combo chains to notice tbh.
    • Like x 1
  6. xafeldin New Player

lostindigital/ villain agrees with Hallows Eve
  7. thelostczarnian New Player

all the garbage healers down voting it cause they dont think a troll should beat them
    • Like x 1
  8. thelostczarnian New Player

the general maturity on ps3 is evident in each usps3 live stream done by mepps and spytle. no offense to you and other more mature players on there that seem to be the minority
  9. Massah Committed Player

I think a happy medium would be for them to leave the 12sec debuff duration in PvP but change it back to 24secs in PvE.
    Part of this is my biasim towards debuffing with Whip Thrash in Paradox where you carefully plan when to jump in and debuff and then after you successfully get away you are preparing to jump in and do it again. Between pick-ups and trying to self-regen (weapon combo) there doesn't feel like a whole lot of time between defense debuffs.

Also debuffs already work differently in PvP than they do in PvE. With a healing debuff also debuffing a healer type shield, along with movement debuffs, and the whole confidence inspired boost does not apply in PvE.(Technically Healing drones should destroy Tanks and be Fodder for Controllers)
    (They finally fixed the healing debuff applying both red heart and shield in PvE)
    • Like x 2
  10. Nemeses Prime Dedicated Player

Yes, this really need be fixed!
  11. RiskVsReward New Player

If healers can still heal while debuffed in pvp, then I see no reason this would make trollers op in pvp.
  12. Yallander Loyal Player

I personally wouldn't care about the duration time if tanks/PVP trinkets could ACTUALLY cleanse the debuffs. What most trollers don't realize is that healers aren't just spamming heals while debuffed. Typically the tactic is to pop a trinket, burn any PI's we have on and work the counter game to increase our survivability and help those little heals we get stick.
  13. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

If you want longer debuffs, juice up your dominance stat. That is what it is meant for. Now that we have base mods to boost stats, which can be supplemented by League Hall perks, this should not really be an issue.
    Funny how things like this detail can slip through the cracks when the focus of a troll seems to always be the Vit.
    A decent workable troll will have a high vit, but powering the group is only part of the battle. To live up to the title of your role of
    "CONTROLLER", ( as you noticed, "Control" being the root word), you must have the ability to manage a Vit/Dom split balance that works with your power the best. Throw out your pot, and apply the debuffs, which are directly fueled by your dominance, as applied to percentage of debuff on defense/damage out, as well as how long the effect lasts before the enemy can shake it off.
    A 'great' troll will find the sweet-spot, with the duration running out in time to have the group's needs addressed, so that you put the debuffs back on right in sync with coming back around full circle on your rotation.
    On the other side:
    Any party that complains about a bad troll(s) is ALWAYS because they run out of power. WELL!! This is a guaranteed result of:
    The DPSs having their usual p___ing contest for the scorecard (and believe me: the bigger the number of DPSs, the worse it gets. Ego inflation parallels the given number of DPSs perfectly), the healer(s) dumping their power into tossing out healing powers at times when nobody is even damaged, leaving the troll to do the best they can at just barely keeping the tank juiced so he/she can keep the aggro maxed.
    But somehow, all of this unnecessary power hooverage is all the Troll's fault.
    Sorry, I'll remember to bring Solid Snake's Infinity Power Bandana with me next time LOL
  14. TheDark Devoted Player

What? Dom doesn't affect debuff length. It never has.
    • Like x 2
  15. Mad9 New Player

Dom only affects the CC effect and nothing else. I don't think I face any power shortage problems in the current content even with DPS dumping power unless a DPS wants to start a competition of draining power intentionally. It's free power, I don't have to pay for it to dump it efficiently in my rotations.
    • Like x 1
  16. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Umm...Yes it does.
  17. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

Read the description of the power.
    ...'nuff said
  18. Mad9 New Player

Here is the Description:
    Dominance increases the potency of certain defensive and healing abilities, and the duration of certain control effects (stuns, roots, levitations and encasements) from powers.At high levels, Dominance must be higher than enemy Willpower to be effective.

Could you pinpoint where does it talk about debuff? Also, I have checked the all the descriptions of all the powers on my controller and still nothing that would in any way affirm your assertion.
    • Like x 2
  19. TheDark Devoted Player

I have but that's talking about increasing the duration of specific control effects. It has nothing to do with debuff duration. It's been a flat 10 seconds for a long time now.
    • Like x 1
  20. TrueArchon Dedicated Player

OK wow I read it again.
    Two things: First, I stand corrected. The time duration is NOT affected by dom stat.
    Second: I hate the taste of foot.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.