Controller debuf duration cut in half.

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Hallows Eve, Feb 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sonryo21 New Player

Controllers are fine the way they are they don't need any buffing whatsoever. Just get better at your role and you'll be fine.
  2. Sore Steadfast Player

You said Dom affects debuffs. I was being polite and giving you the chance to explain yourself. Dom has nothing to do with debuffs at all. Now you just said it helps the CC effect. Crowd control may occur in tandem with a debuff but the two are completely separate things. Even in helping the CC effect, the only thing Dom does is determine whether you can CC at all.
    • Like x 4
  3. Black ZeroPrime New Player

which is what I just said good job trying to demean ppl though, try harder next time buddy
  4. Death Throe New Player

The guys downvoting it downvote everything in hopes of getting the reaction you have so kindly provided.
  5. Sore Steadfast Player

I'll put it all in one chain for you. You'll notice I never typed a single word that was attempting to demean you. It appears you have a problem with assuming people are trying to demean you even though there's actually nothing there. Is it simply that you don't like being questioned or challenged? You might want to work on that because you're coming off awfully defensive.

Black ZeroPrime said:
    “vit does not effect debuffs dom does”

Sore said:
    "How so?"

Black ZeroPrime said:
    "lmao you have a troller guide and you're asking me how so? how so what? how dom effects debuffs? it really just helps the CC effect. I was really just trying to correct his fallacy of vit effects debuff"

Sore said:
    "You said Dom affects debuffs. I was being polite and giving you the chance to explain yourself. Dom has nothing to do with debuffs at all. Now you just said it helps the CC effect. Crowd control may occur in tandem with a debuff but the two are completely separate things. Even in helping the CC effect, the only thing Dom does is determine whether you can CC at all."

Black ZeroPrime said:
    "which is what I just said good job trying to demean ppl though, try harder next time buddy"
    • Like x 8
  6. Hallows Eve New Player

There's no buff at all just reversing the ninja nerf we received many updates ago with no reasoning behind it.
    • Like x 1
  7. sonryo21 New Player

Its not as bad sorc and nature recieved so I say suck it up.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hallows Eve New Player

If you're unhappy with those powersets then go make a thread for that. This is for the uneeded change to all controller debufs.
  9. Black ZeroPrime New Player

sore all you're trying to do is show you know more than i do, good for you guy. i stated after you asked how so, is that it actually only effects the CC part of the debuffs your rebuttle only stated what i stated but it is ok if you want to be " the better" troller in all honesty i do not care and i do not care for your retorts when we infact stated the same exact thing. keep your psycho therapy yourself guy.
  10. Sore Steadfast Player

I like how all I said was "How so?" and that was enough for you to retort "LMAO you have a troller guide and are asking me how so?" When you first stated that dom affects debuffs, I did get involved. Not because I'm on some crusade to prove you wrong. I only did so because the words you chose were opening the door to give other less-informed players the wrong information. All I sought to do was get you to clarify your statement so that we could get on the path of getting the correct information out there. In saying "How so?" I gave you the opportunity to do that rather than jumping down your throat out the gate. You specified what you meant but even in that you could have been clearer. So I elaborated on your statement. You're still getting up in arms about me repeating you as if I thought I was correcting you. You're still thinking I'm trying to come off smarter than you when I'm really just trying to make sure that the correct information is what's presented to anyone else that reads this exchange. And I accomplished exactly that. Saying "Dom affects whether you can CC and CC is a separate concept from debuffs" is a much better message to send others than the original statement of "Dom affects debuffs".
    • Like x 2
  11. Black ZeroPrime New Player

then just add on instead of coming off like a pompous know it all
  12. Sore Steadfast Player

I guess this is where I get confused. I thought adding on was exactly what I did. I started by acknowledging what you said, that dom help CC effects, and then added on that CC effects and debuffs are separate. I added on further with how dom helps CC effects (whether you can CC). If I'm coming off like a pompous know it all, you must be finding that in my tone because my words themselves are quite civil. I keep re-reading our exchange and I don't see where I put out that tone. I know I'm not trying to come off that way. I tell you what, in further exchanges with others, I'll try to be more vigilant about how I might be coming across. If you picked up that tone from me, I apologize. It wasn't my intent at all.
    • Like x 3
  13. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

i don't know, but i found AKM while playing War Z in nored military base ^^
  14. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This has been submitted to the team.
    • Like x 4
  15. Drathmor Unwavering Player

well said sir people dont take into account text doesnt convey emotion and is misread all the time
    • Like x 1
  16. duEprocEss New Player

I just have to chime in. Your civility is greatly appreciated. You, in no way, came off as a know it all and I applaud your approach.

That said, Black ZeroPrime has some issues he needs to sort out. I wish he would step back and take a look at his own attitude.
  17. Marbou New Player

Maybe they've just been playing CoH.
    • Like x 1
  18. Yallander Loyal Player

Let's try this then...debuffs persist through cleanses now so having one at 24+ seconds in PVP makes it extremely OP. There really are no ways to cleanse a debuff now, you can only reduce the impact for a few seconds before it comes back. Tank powers remove the impact for 3 seconds, same for PVP trinkets or serums. Serums share a cooldown with soders so it basically comes down to one or the other there.

If you want debuffs to last 24+ seconds again, then I want cleanses from tanks that last 10 seconds and remove all debuffs (actually cleanse teammates) as well as a PVP trinket that does the same.
    • Like x 3
  19. thenewkidd New Player

The up votes are pretty much controllers wanting to debuff everyone and become "kings" of OP PVP.

It's bad enough that they can be spec'd in DPS and be in Controller role and the Debuffs hit hard as trucks...
    If a healer tried that.. they wouldn't be able to do enough damage to kill something but not enough resto to really heal
  20. 666evildead666 New Player

Any eta on when this will be fixed? It's been far too long that this unnecessary change was added.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.